Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows A fix for the "greyed out bonus button" bug for Desktop players

bonga

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Souphaphone
A frequent annoying "bug" is often present whenever i want to claim the Friday bonuses. The problem is that the relevant button is greyed out. like in this picture.

1705690160909.png

Every time it happened I still managed to claim the bonus, but only after talking to support and waiting.. I do not know why this keeps happening, but I'd be surprised if I was the only one to deal with it.

After a quick look at the source javascript, I found my own way of fixing the problem, without having to use the support for help and/or wait for it to magically work at a later time , these being my usual ways of dealing with this.

Simply use this string:
[B][SIZE=3]airportcitygi://[THIS WEEK'S BONUS CODE][/SIZE][/B]

Example for 01/19/24

[SIZE=3][B]airportcitygi://wd4aes2abrov[/B][/SIZE]
[
1705690160910.png
'
paste this in the browser's address field and hit enter, and hit "open" as this dialog box pops out.
1705690360138.png

Hope somebody finds this useful.

I got to add a clarification this is not cheating, it is only possible to get the bonus you are due anyway.

Have a good one guys.
:p:p

Edited to let everyone know that

red_z06

has found the reason for this bug, and the solution is even simpler than mine. Check out his post down below!! Thank you red !!

Last edited:
A frequent annoying "bug" is often present whenever i want to claim the Friday bonuses. The problem is that the relevant button is greyed out. like in this picture.
Interesting. So do you not receive similar to below as initial dialog?
Untitled.jpg

Alternatively, you should be able to alt-click on the appropriate 'Claim' box and select 'copy link address' and paste\go in browser using this address which should be the defined week's java link:
'airportcitygi://wd4aes2abrov' (this weeks GI desktop app link in above example)

What browser do you use? Have you tried other browsers and experience same\similar results? Perhaps cache\java settings.

Last edited:

bonga

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Souphaphone
That's a bug I've had happen a bunch of times, yes.

There's no link to copy off of the Grey's out button, it is not HTML code, but a Java program and it doesn't produce links if it decides to disable he button first. As to why it decides I am not using Windows, I don't know and coming through code isn't a hobby of mine so I just found the link code and called it quits. I could've also saved last week link and switched the code.code Anyway its nice to have it in my notes.

If any of my forum bros can benefit from a quick fix too, then the good vibes are flowing 🧙‍♂️🍻

bonga

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Souphaphone
Interesting. So do you not receive similar to below as initial dialog?
View attachment 72540

Alternatively, you should be able to alt-click on the appropriate 'Claim' box and select 'copy link address' and paste\go in browser using this address which should be the defined week's java link:
'airportcitygi://wd4aes2abrov

Yeah the link is in my post . As mentioned it's infrequent, tried only edge and brave. Yeah triesld all the cache and restarts, etc. Only thing I never tried is reinstall of AC. This is an annoying thing, but it's always worked.out.

Anayway no matter the reason, it could happen to others, and it may help someone. If it doesn't then we're still groovin'.😎

What browser do you use? Have you tried other browsers and experience same\similar results? Perhaps cache\java settings.

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
I am running multiple accts across 3 different pcs and experienced this problem in the past. In an attempt to collect from the grayed out bonus, I reloaded the problem game from another PC with some success. When the problem showed up in Chrome, I loaded Edge and was able to get to the bonus. Then sometimes even Edge would act up so I know it is browser independent. For a long time I could not pin point the problem then accidentally discovered the source of problem.

It is the size of the browser window!!!!

While trying to reposition the window, I enlarged the size and the grayed out magically got fixed.

Here is the working window.

1705698663004.png

Here is the exact same window with width reduced. Since the forum resized the image, it looks like the browser got taller below. But, it is the same height but width reduced.

1705698711793.png

So, if you see above, just enlarge the browser window and you should be able to get to the bonus button.

I am running multiple accts across 3 different pcs and experienced this problem in the past. In an attempt to collect from the grayed out bonus, I reloaded the problem game from another PC with some success. When the problem showed up in Chrome, I loaded Edge and was able to get to the bonus. Then sometimes even Edge would act up so I know it is browser independent. For a long time I could not pin point the problem then accidentally discovered the source of problem.

It is the size of the browser window!!!!

So, if you see above, just enlarge the browser window and you should be able to get to the bonus button.
Yep, reproduced using both Edge and Chrome. Appears to be width related, perhaps due to menu at top disappears due to size. In glancing at the page code pre\post looks to change from header wrapper to banner wrapper when the width is reduced and the target reference link is gone.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Me personally, I think its wrong to bilk players out of money, or even attempt to make any offers to the players from those other platforms that arent receiving the max bonus that one only might be getting

If the game is offered via MS Store, just because GI has an ongoing beef/ disagreement with MS, then why punish the players? I've played the game using the MS store version for nearly 12 years now

All events and all bonuses should be equal and that includes the browser version. that one hasnt seen a bonus in months now on fridays

and as long as those players continue to support GI monetarily, they will continue with their scamming moneies from you

bonga

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Souphaphone
Me personally, I think its wrong to bilk players out of money, or even attempt to make any offers to the players from those other platforms that arent receiving the max bonus that one only might be getting

If the game is offered via MS Store, just because GI has an ongoing beef/ disagreement with MS, then why punish the players? I've played the game using the MS store version for nearly 12 years now

All events and all bonuses should be equal and that includes the browser version. that one hasnt seen a bonus in months now on fridays

and as long as those players continue to support GI monetarily, they will continue with their scamming moneies from you

I agree Cassandra, but, what's your reason for using the MS version, does the GI not function for you?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
I agree Cassandra, but, what's your reason for using the MS version, does the GI not function for you?
Im not rich to afford ipads and kindles and android devices too and my game is too large in memory to use on my phone When GI did release the game via MS store, it wasnt right then they gave equal bonuses but due to a contract issue they punish the players

if i could sell my game to someone else they could have it. im about fed up w the unfair practices

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06

This is a Free2Play game. So, devs need a way to recoup the development investment and make money. Afterall, the purpose of game companies are to make money.

If you can manage the time required for most stuff, you can play without paying one penny. I do what I can to increase resources for this free game. If that means moving from MS to G! version, I will gladly do that because that is also free.

Two most needed resources are fuel and airport cash. Fuel can be had with multiple free support games (again free!!!) and airport cash can be greatly replenished during Celestial Festival and Winter dreams if you have time to click on cars.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
This is a Free2Play game. So, devs need a way to recoup the development investment and make money. Afterall, the purpose of game companies are to make money.

If you can manage the time required for most stuff, you can play without paying one penny. I do what I can to increase resources for this free game. If that means moving from MS to G! version, I will gladly do that because that is also free.

Two most needed resources are fuel and airport cash. Fuel can be had with multiple free support games (again free!!!) and airport cash can be greatly replenished during Celestial Festival and Winter dreams if you have time to click on cars.
i asked several times to have my game transferred to the downloadable version and was denied

i asked several times to have my game transferred to the downloadable version and was denied
Because this can easily be done yourself. If you installed the MS version you can download the G! version and install yourself. Then generate the code on your MS version and use in G! version to transfer.

The web version is completely different and why events\codes don't work and G! no longer (currently) has the resources to do anything about.

Last edited:

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
Assuming you are playing on a PC, you can easily transfer (MS to G!) by temporarily creating another Windows user login. Start a new game there and link between your current to the new game on the new windows acct. After that, delete the current MS version and download the G! version and link back from 2nd windows acct to your main. You can delete the second one after that or leave it as a backup. Depending on how often you backup your game by playing on the 2nd acct, you can shield your game from accidental disaster like corruption or delete.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Assuming you are playing on a PC, you can easily transfer (MS to G!) by temporarily creating another Windows user login. Start a new game there and link between your current to the new game on the new windows acct. After that, delete the current MS version and download the G! version and link back from 2nd windows acct to your main. You can delete the second one after that or leave it as a backup. Depending on how often you backup your game by playing on the 2nd acct, you can shield your game from accidental disaster like corruption or delete.
I at more than once created multiple supports, some before V7 was even released, then got overwhelmed w it. kinda hurt too as some games had a lot going for them like my main. I tried to locate those codes but someone stole my thumb drive the info was on. A few years ago, lol I had 20 supports mostly for fuel rings, but there was never any semblance to that order. Everyone had access to modifying the data sheets and it just became one big mess
I'm in flight in blue launch for an hour plus, so im gonna go do what you suggested.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
trying to play musical chairs/juggling around the 3 games so all can take part in events and get the best bonuses. A nice thing about switching my main to the downloaded version from GI is getting that trolley car icon with several bonuses, like when you 1st start the game. Like I said, lol not doing the fuel ring thing anymore. Thanks for your idea. I just had it all set up before they went to this downloaded game

bonga

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Souphaphone
trying to play musical chairs/juggling around the 3 games so all can take part in events and get the best bonuses. A nice thing about switching my main to the downloaded version from GI is getting that trolley car icon with several bonuses, like when you 1st start the game. Like I said, lol not doing the fuel ring thing anymore. Thanks for your idea. I just had it all set up before they went to this downloaded game
I have only one game, on GI. If u have several games, is that the reason why u must spread them out one on each platform ?

Top Bottom