Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - July 2, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I hope that I have earned the reputation of being a good neighbor and forum participant who doesn't complain a lot because I need to rant.

The gifting debacle is one of the worst releases GI has done for AC. While I like the visuals, the actual experience of accepting and sending gifts is horrible. How in the world can a design change go so horribly wrong? Lack of ability? Lack of accountability?

I track all gifts received to ensure I am returning gifts to neighbors. The new interface is so frustrating, that I have decided to no longer track gifting. Until GI fixes the interface and makes it functional again, I will simply be accepting all gifts and sending gifts to neighbors I have traded with in the past.
I gave up tracking a long time ago. With nearly 400 neighbors, the majority of whom gift me regularly, I send gifts alphabetically. (hint, hint folks - it doesn't matter if you start your name with aaa***, I'll get to you when I get to you). It takes about 2 weeks to get a gift sent to everyone, but it gets done. I use support accounts if I can to gift special requests and alliance members.

I agree, the gifting system right now is a joke, but it's getting fixed. But other than nearly 500 gifts sitting in my gift box, it hasn't affected me too much, since I gift from the neighbor tab rather than the gift tab.

I have a feeling that the folks who worked on this new gifting system and did the QA don't have so many neighbors, and didn't receive 150-200 gifts in a day. The system would work fine if you only received 20 or less gifts per day. :D:D:D

In case you didn't know, there is an apology bonus code that gets you 5 greenies - *thunderbird3*
Fanfare.jpg

Vivke

350+ Star Club
@ItsRalphy : thanks for the tip and it worked fine untill my finger slipped away with only one neighbour on my screen. Back to sending from the friends tab then.
Also thanks for the apologies code.

@Harcourt : this tip also works but had already a waiting list to send my gifts to, the few I've sended first before accepting did go away but all the others still are on my list, and also the exta gifting accounts that send gifts but I'm sending then to the main account keep standing in my list. Hope they will solve this problem soon.

And for the event I got some stuff but not the ones that I needed. Hope to get them on tiime but drop rate isn't that good and don't give much. Keep on trying, I still have some days left. ;););)

Good Morning, Goeie more, Miremengjes, , Բարի առավոտ, Dobro jutro, Добро утро, , Dobré ráno, God morgen, Goedemorgen
Magandang umaga, Bonjour, Bom dia, Goeie moarn, , Guten Morgen, Καλημέρα, Aloha kakahiaka, , Jó reggelt, Góðan dag
Selamat pagi, Maidin mhaith, Buongiorno, , Bonum mane, Gudde Moien, Bongu, Dzień dobry, Buna dimineata, Доброе утро
Subax wanaagsan, Buenos días, Günaydın, Доброго ранку, صباح الخير ....

@ItsRalphy : thanks for the tip and it worked fine untill my finger slipped away with only one neighbour on my screen. Back to sending from the friends tab then.
Also thanks for the apologies code.

@Harcourt : this tip also works but had already a waiting list to send my gifts to, the few I've sended first before accepting did go away but all the others still are on my list, and also the exta gifting accounts that send gifts but I'm sending then to the main account keep standing in my list. Hope they will solve this problem soon.

And for the event I got some stuff but not the ones that I needed. Hope to get them on tiime but drop rate isn't that good and don't give much. Keep on trying, I still have some days left. ;););)
if it happens again, close the game and reopen and you can carry on, no need to go to friends list.
likes.gif

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
@Bigglesbaz Had the same problem a few months ago while I was trying to gift antennas to a few people from my support account. Apparently, there may be some side quests that need to be finished before you can receive the antennas. Look for anything with a rocket in your side quests.
Thanks C, not sure what you mean by side requests? Maybe I have to purchase the building before I can get any of these antennas? Cheers Baz :)

@Bigglesbaz Had the same problem a few months ago while I was trying to gift antennas to a few people from my support account. Apparently, there may be some side quests that need to be finished before you can receive the antennas. Look for anything with a rocket in your side quests.
The task I have to complete next is the upgrade of the mission control center to level 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom