Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows 10 and Airport City

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Well the release of Windows 10 is just 9 days out. I have been watching the news and reading post by Windows 10 watchdogs which are starting to gossip. From what I read Windows 10 will be fully compliant with all our old apps, since Win 10 is implementing an "app universal compatibility" approach were all apps will play regardless of The Windows version. I'm going to be honest for Microsoft to say that, they would have had to test virtually every app available in the Windows Store. I just hope GI is tracking the new Windows coming out, and realize that just Microsoft is giving Windows 10 away for free starting the 29 of July to Current Win 8.1 and 8 users. I promise, I'm already crossing my fingers with my own software, because I have a few older games like flight sim X that I had to modify just to run with 8.1

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
Makes me wonder if Airport City turns into an universal app if we then actually can play the same game on all PC's and and Phones with Windows 10 (for Mobile) under te same account or if the games will still be separated.

Waterman981

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
206v1tr2
Username
Wtr
With the last patch Airport City runs fine on Windows 10. The previous patch back around May completely broke it. I've been running AC on Windows 10 since October, except for May-June when I had to run it in a Win 8 VM.

(FSX Steam Edition also runs fine on Win 10 along with Prepar3d. :) Never tested FSX boxed... Watch the AVSim forums for info on all of them.)

D

Deleted member 5399

@Waterman981
Thanks for the heads up on AC compatibility with Windows 10.
I have been running my game on both tablet and laptop, and all games, all levels, points, etc., synced together.
Recently I had to restore my laptop, this past weekend in fact. Two days, and by Monday morning everything was in sync once again, and the gwx icon, on the taskbar indicating ready for ten, was there.
Surprised that all the updates, over 200 were downloaded and installed successfully. Of course the laptop already came with 8.1.
Friend was mad, when only did refresh on her laptop. I think it took a week to get all the updates.
Anyhow, will install 10, one device at a time and ensure all systems and apps are go, before moving to the next. As an IT tech, lol I get the luxury of doing upgrades and repairs.

Top Bottom