Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Whose got the ONLY strategy

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047iu2vc
Username
Ic3MaN
All of the guides on here don't answer the question the user posted.

I want to know the ONLY strategy. I.E. Maximize coins, fuel, Passangers, should I complete collections vs random flight destinations vs starting at the top of the list of flights and reaching master before moving on the the next. Strategy when I visit neighbors (Planetariums or spray and pray) and whatever relevant useful information you can give.

** PLEASE DON"T POST REPLY UNLESS YOUR PROVIDING STRATEGY. I DON'T WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH A DOZEN USELESS QUESTIONS FROM NEW USERS. I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE IT'S A HASSLE, I JUST WANT TO READ A GUIDE FULL OF WEALTH AND KNOWLEDGE. **

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
All of the guides on here don't answer the question the user posted.

I want to know the ONLY strategy. I.E. Maximize coins, fuel, Passangers, should I complete collections vs random flight destinations vs starting at the top of the list of flights and reaching master before moving on the the next. Strategy when I visit neighbors (Planetariums or spray and pray) and whatever relevant useful information you can give.

** PLEASE DON"T POST REPLY UNLESS YOUR PROVIDING STRATEGY. I DON'T WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH A DOZEN USELESS QUESTIONS FROM NEW USERS. I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE IT'S A HASSLE, I JUST WANT TO READ A GUIDE FULL OF WEALTH AND KNOWLEDGE. **

First of all your question is way to broad in order to narrow it down to one strategy. For example, if you would have asked what is the best way to get the most coins the fastest. There is only one 'real quick' strategy for this and most everyone would have responded with something close to the following guideline:
1-build only coin producing buildings in your city
2-start with all of the buildings that produce the fastest and buy 6 of each before you move to the next fastest producing building
3-allow every guest plane to land and use the passengers and fuel collected to send out your own planes
4-stay up 24/7 and click everything you can as fast as you can
5-never stop playing the game

When you ask a ridiculous questions you are going to get a ridiculous answer.

There is no one strategy to play the game that is better than any other strategy. You should tell us what you want to do and ask for some suggestions. However, most of the suggestions have been posted and yes it does take some reading to filter through all of it and find what is the best.

There is an infinite amount of ways of playing the game, for example:
1-building one of every type of building
2-completing all adventure flight destinations and building their buildings
3-playing the game for the social aspect and gifting items to neighbors and receiving gifts
4-three staring all destinations
5-completing all events
6-having the best 'picture perfect' city with nice streets and skyscrapers and neighborhoods
7-being in an alliance that is at the top of the weekly charts
8-having your own city that regularly finishes first at one of the flight locations
9-placing top in space adventure flights
10-the list could go on forever.......

.....I will try to answer some of your questions, but not knowing what you want to do I don't really know how to correctly answer them....

No you do not need to get three stars at every flight destination. In fact if you wanted to only fly to locations that give you items in order to complete useful collections that will help you in the future then you can. You should search for the spreadsheet that was created by @Bob1977 His spreadsheet would help you track what locations you need to fly to in order to get specific items. It is very helpful and I use it myself quite extensively.

Your neighbor visiting strategy should be based on the current 'level' of your own city. When you first start playing the game the buildings that you visit will be different than three months later. You should click on what is the best for your city based on its' requirements at its' current time. IT will change often as you continue to progress in the game as well as what events you chose to play.

The best guide, until about level 40-50 or so, would be the side quests that are located on the left hand side of your screen. Following these will help guide you and build your city into something that can fly passengers as well as collect a reasonable amount of coins in order to keep expanding.

Allot of players will tell you to start doing space flights as soon as you can in order to get coins faster. I would agree with them but I would add even more to that. Your space flights should be in order to get the alien legacy, space travel monument and rocket garden. These buildings will give you additional prep items for additional launches every 24 hours. You don't have to take first place all of the time and it is very hard as a newer player with limited resources. 3rd place gives you the exact same reward as 2nd place. Most times you can join and take 2nd or 3rd place for almost no added resources. Start your space program this way until you have it fully figured out.

Some players would tell you to start with adventure flights and build as many of those buildings as you can as quick as you can. I think that these buildings are very beneficial because they give you random collectable items every 24 hours. Do adventure flights as soon as you can and build the buildings. You will not be disappointed at all with them.

The absolute best advice that I can give you would be to get as many neighbors as you can and to trade efficiently with them. Your neighbors will be the best resources of most of the items that you need for building and for flight items. Get quality neighbors and trade with them. Give them what they need in order to get back what you need.

I cannot visit your city because I have not updated my game to the most current version. Usually I would give you some tips based on what I see there but obviously I cannot at this time. Maybe someone else can though.

If you fine tune your question an post a picture of your city I would be glad to help you out even more.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047iu2vc
Username
Ic3MaN
First of all your question is way to broad in order to narrow it down to one strategy. For example, if you would have asked what is the best way to get the most coins the fastest. There is only one 'real quick' strategy for this and most everyone would have responded with something close to the following guideline:
2-start with all of the buildings that produce the fastest and buy 6 of each before you move to the next fastest producing building
3-allow every guest plane to land and use the passengers and fuel collected to send out your own planes

There is no one strategy to play the game that is better than any other strategy. You should tell us what you want to do and ask for some suggestions. However, most of the suggestions have been posted and yes it does take some reading to filter through all of it and find what is the best.

3-playing the game for the social aspect and gifting items to neighbors and receiving gifts
5-completing all events
6-having the best 'picture perfect' city with nice streets and skyscrapers and neighborhoods
8-having your own city that regularly finishes first at one of the flight locations

.....I will try to answer some of your questions, but not knowing what you want to do I don't really know how to correctly answer them....

No you do not need to get three stars at every flight destination. In fact if you wanted to only fly to locations that give you items in order to complete useful collections that will help you in the future then you can. You should search for the spreadsheet that was created by @Bob1977 His spreadsheet would help you track what locations you need to fly to in order to get specific items. It is very helpful and I use it myself quite extensively.

Your neighbor visiting strategy should be based on the current 'level' of your own city. When you first start playing the game the buildings that you visit will be different than three months later. You should click on what is the best for your city based on its' requirements at its' current time. IT will change often as you continue to progress in the game as well as what events you chose to play.

The best guide, until about level 40-50 or so, would be the side quests that are located on the left hand side of your screen. Following these will help guide you and build your city into something that can fly passengers as well as collect a reasonable amount of coins in order to keep expanding.

Allot of players will tell you to start doing space flights as soon as you can in order to get coins faster. I would agree with them but I would add even more to that. Your space flights should be in order to get the alien legacy, space travel monument and rocket garden. These buildings will give you additional prep items for additional launches every 24 hours. You don't have to take first place all of the time and it is very hard as a newer player with limited resources. 3rd place gives you the exact same reward as 2nd place. Most times you can join and take 2nd or 3rd place for almost no added resources. Start your space program this way until you have it fully figured out.

Some players would tell you to start with adventure flights and build as many of those buildings as you can as quick as you can. I think that these buildings are very beneficial because they give you random collectable items every 24 hours. Do adventure flights as soon as you can and build the buildings. You will not be disappointed at all with them.

The absolute best advice that I can give you would be to get as many neighbors as you can and to trade efficiently with them. Your neighbors will be the best resources of most of the items that you need for building and for flight items. Get quality neighbors and trade with them. Give them what they need in order to get back what you need.

I cannot visit your city because I have not updated my game to the most current version. Usually I would give you some tips based on what I see there but obviously I cannot at this time. Maybe someone else can though.

If you fine tune your question an post a picture of your city I would be glad to help you out even more.

PM SENT. Thank you!

Here is my property.
Screenshot_20170926-220441 (1).png

Well I can not give you an ONLY strategy as there is no such animal in this game.
Different players have different goals and as such would have widely different
strategies to attain those goals. The strategy will also depend on how much time
you plan on spending within the game per day. Read around some of the massive amounts
of info on this site and perhaps you can formulate a question that is better suited to this game.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Here is the thread where you can get that spreadsheet at:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...ollections-with-a-file-upd-21-jul-2017.11608/
It probably won't give you any direction but it might let you see how vast the game actually is and how many different ways that you can go.

Your city is looking pretty good. Keep your airport cash (don't use it for building items) for when you can no longer buy land expansions with coins. You should be buying the land expansions with coins for as long as you can. Later in the game you will be much happier with the extra squares that you have available in your city. Initially it does take a little more time to expand but well worth it in the long run.

My next move would either be a land expansion on the city side or upgrade the control tower. The tower will give you another hangar and airplane to fly but you will eventually run into passenger problems. You have to find the balance between coins and passengers and for anyone that is just starting the game I would recommend only having just enough passenger buildings to fly your planes and no more. Use the rest of the space in your city for coin producing buildings.

The entire game is a balance between power, population and land available. Of course all of that depends on how many coins you can generate too. Right now you have plenty of population available. Don't let that fool you into ignoring it. You need to forecast into the future with planning and make sure that you don't neglect one area in order to further develop another area, for example power. You have a ton of room on the airport side and because you are level 20+ you should be buying the coal station when you need more power. It gives you the best power per square per price ratio.

Keep your aircraft in the air as much as you can. It will keep the coins coming in better than not flying them. In your picture you have 4 of 4 planes flying with the next plane arriving in 70 minutes and only 21 minutes to go until your fuel has maxed out. Be sure to speed up planes when you need to in order to not waste fuel by not re-generating fuel. I don't know what type of planes you are running but I am going to assume that they are jets and turboprops. You should have sped up a plane in order to use the fuel you have or sent the planes to different locations so that they come back earlier in order to send them again. Based on that picture, if you never did anything you would waste 49 units of fuel before your first plane arrived. You could have sped up any of your turboprops for less fuel than that and came out ahead in the long run assuming you play the game often enough. Taking your fuel level down to 0 can be just as detrimental as allowing it to max out. If your fuel is at 0 and you are minutes away from a flight landing now you have to wait for more fuel before sending it out again.

Your city side is about as packed as it can get right now. When you expand take advantage of the parks in order to increase your passenger output on the faster production buildings.

Join an alliance. Some alliances are very happy with newer players because it is easier for them to complete an alliance task. Completing the tasks can help you get weekly bonuses. An alliance will also give you more people to trade with.

Based on your PM enjoy the game and focus on completing all of the side quests while flying to the locations in order to get three stars at each one.

Land the guest planes too if you want more coins and fuel.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
@Ic3MaN , you've got very good advices, heed them, please.
I want to add just one thing about investing real money. They speed up your progress for sure but everything can be obtained from the gameplay, given time and patience. I've spent about $500 because I didn't know how to play it efficiently.
The only very powerful building that has to be bought is a Metro station, the badge on your screenshot reminded me. But this can wait.
The game has no set goal, it a casual game as many people call it. You set your goal for yourself. For example, my goal is to collect stars and Adventure buildings. They are essential milestones of the game. And along the way I want to see all the wonders it can present in Events and other tasks.
In my view the most efficient way is roughly like this:
  • Develop and expand your city - flying, building, upgrading.
  • Get rich neighbors to harvest their Planetariums and Space Buildings and collect Space Fuel and Launch Attributes.
  • Find friends to join Space Launches. It boosts level, coins, gives valuable prizes including tokens and barrels of Fuel.
  • Join an Alliance. It's fun to play together and have more unique prizes.
  • Having stashed enough Fuel you should start making "bonus runs" to get extremely useful Adventure buildings. They give collectable items daily. So COLLECT FUEL all the time.
  • Some events have good prizes worth spending resources to win them.
To get coins - do everything as everything gives them: flights, space rockets, collections, commercial buildings.
To get tokens - join or make Space Launches. Winning tokens in Weekly Rankings is possible but generally harder.
To get banknotes - collect tokens to buy special buildings that produce them. Don't think about this yet as they are on sale very seldom (once in 1-2 years) and need plenty of tokens.

Get ready to play a long-long time counted not in months but years. :)

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
What I will say is buy greens for land expansions the more land the better your city will become ... The further you progress the more you need to concentrate on space launches .This is the quickest way to earn coins

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
PM SENT. Thank you!

Here is my property. View attachment 9585
There is no one strategy because it depends how you play.
But here are some tips I wish I'd had when I started.

- only spend greenies on land expansion.
- only buy land expansion when it is on sale.
- if you spend real money on greenies only buy when they are on sale.
- don't bother buying the duty free building. Ah too late I see.
- minimize the amount of roads in your city and airport. You have far more road squares than you need on your airport side. Delete all the road squares until the buildings complain it needs a road. I've got my airport side down to just 3 road squares. All that land can be used for productive buildings.
- plan carefully when you level up to have as little fuel on the gauge as possible because you get a complete fill up.
- make sure you have upgraded the repair center to the handle the new level of planes before you buy one. Otherwise they breakdown and you can't repair them.
- do the event even if you know you can't complete it. GI almost always repeats the event and you will have a head start next time.
- try and do the daily missions. But don't waste fuel trying to achieve them.
- build a weather station.
- maximize the use of the free items i.e." Speed up for free" when you have to watch an advertisement.
- pick carefully the buildings you click on in your neighbors cutie when you visit to maximize the chance of item drop. (It always surprises me that people click on the buildings in my city like reward buildings eg vulcanoly institute, or those tall houses,or the smart houses,or the perfume factories, that ONLY give a coin or passenger. Not an item drop).
- start the space missions soon.

... Im sure there is more.

Feel free to add me as a neighbour.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047iu2vc
Username
Ic3MaN
There is no one strategy because it depends how you play.
But here are some tips I wish I'd had when I started.

- only spend greenies on land expansion.
- only buy land expansion when it is on sale.
- if you spend real money on greenies only buy when they are on sale.
- don't bother buying the duty free building. Ah too late I see.
- minimize the amount of roads in your city and airport. You have far more road squares than you need on your airport side. Delete all the road squares until the buildings complain it needs a road. I've got my airport side down to just 3 road squares. All that land can be used for productive buildings.
- plan carefully when you level up to have as little fuel on the gauge as possible because you get a complete fill up.
- make sure you have upgraded the repair center to the handle the new level of planes before you buy one. Otherwise they breakdown and you can't repair them.
- do the event even if you know you can't complete it. GI almost always repeats the event and you will have a head start next time.
- try and do the daily missions. But don't waste fuel trying to achieve them.
- build a weather station.
- maximize the use of the free items i.e." Speed up for free" when you have to watch an advertisement.
- pick carefully the buildings you click on in your neighbors cutie when you visit to maximize the chance of item drop. (It always surprises me that people click on the buildings in my city like reward buildings eg vulcanoly institute, or those tall houses,or the smart houses,or the perfume factories, that ONLY give a coin or passenger. Not an item drop).
- start the space missions soon.

... Im sure there is more.

Feel free to add me as a neighbour.

Thank you! I made a few of these changes before you mentioned them. I just kind of went for it and hoped it wouldn't hurt me down the road. The weather station I was not sure of it's benefit... some of what I've heard steered me away from building one.

Here is an updated S/S of my property.
ac1.png
ac1.png

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Ic3MaN

you should at this stage be building one building of each kind until you expand your city side, you current have no room to expand. Do not build 6 of anything unless you have a 1 square (4 X 4) available for future buildings as currently you are not earning enough coins to buy land even at discounted prices.

One of the very good suggestions offered earlier was to use coins at this stage to buy land and save you airport money for later in the game.

You should also be completing the side quests as they help both with experience, coins and leveling up.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport

5-completing all events

lol

@Ic3MaN

you should at this stage be building one building of each kind until you expand your city side, you current have no room to expand. Do not build 6 of anything unless you have a 1 square (4 X 4) available for future buildings as currently you are not earning enough coins to buy land even at discounted prices.

One of the very good suggestions offered earlier was to use coins at this stage to buy land and save you airport money for later in the game.

You should also be completing the side quests as they help both with experience, coins and leveling up.

On the contrary, building 6 Car dealerships is a good way of earning coins for new players (especially if you collect every 20 minutes).

Car Dealersips earns 36 coins per 20 minutes, so your 350 coins investment will be returned in 200 minutes (less than 4 hours).
Best way to earn coins early in the game.

On the contrary, building 6 Car dealerships is a good way of earning coins for new players (especially if you collect every 20 minutes).

Car Dealersips earns 36 coins per 20 minutes, so your 350 coins investment will be returned in 200 minutes (less than 4 hours).
Best way to earn coins early in the game.
Plus if you have any buildings with bonuses, I have the UFO attraction by mine.

I'm aware there is a section for that, thanks for pointing out the obvious. However, the statement was made here that I needed to be doing space missions. Therefore, to maintain continuity, I replied to said statement here!
I’m assuming you weren’t being a smart arse? Emojis are often a good clarifier if there’s a chance your message intention could be mistaken. People have spent a lot of time and effort already responding to your broad questions. ;)(y)

Top Bottom