Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General What's your optimal fleet?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Just wondering what your optimal fleet looks like? In the beginning I was looking for as expensive planes as possible, but now they're available I'm thinking I might hold on to a bunch of lower-level planes.

I currently have six hangars and two reserve-spots. I tend to hold on to one propeller-driven for daily missions although I'm doubting this is still necessary after the update which allows me to change daily tasks. For the rest, I have two turbo-props, three jets, one delta and one powerful delta. I'm thinking about switching one of the jets for a turbo-prop.

How does your favorite fleet look like? Prefer the lower-levels and ignore the high-levels, or go straight for the top-level fleet?

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Good thinking, it shows signs of AC wisdom already. :)

Alas, there is no clear cut answer there for you, @ArGi1981 .
An optimal fleet depends on só many variables: stars/level, number and type of hangars/planes, passenger output, fuel, playing frequency, alliance or not, event or not, chronological destinations or random, coins, fly for space items or not, fly for flight items or not, spend real money or not... and a gazillion more.

Two things I've learned:
  1. Think ahead, don't play ahead. Time is your friend, don't fight or try to beat it. So don't try to progress too fast, you'll get there anyway if you keep playing. Going too fast will get you to meet the limits of your game and the frustration that comes along with them.
  2. KISS: Keep It Short and Simple. Use one or two plane types max at the same time. It takes enough time and strategy to keep them in the air as it is (pax, fuel, repair items, flight items, etc.).
But most importantly: have fun doing it! (y)

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Good thinking, it shows signs of AC wisdom already. :)

Alas, there is no clear cut answer there for you, @ArGi1981 .
An optimal fleet depends on só many variables: stars/level, number and type of hangars/planes, passenger output, fuel, playing frequency, alliance or not, event or not, chronological destinations or random, coins, fly for space items or not, fly for flight items or not, spend real money or not... and a gazillion more.
That's true of course :) I was just wondering about other user's considerations and their fleets :)

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Hi ArG.
I am relatively new to this game (been playing for 6 months). The best answer to your question is to do what I do (since joing the forum) and wade through past threads on this forum - there is a huge amount of really useful information to transform your game strategies.

But in answer to your question, I have bought lots of spaces in my reserve hanger, and buy/sell the small planes frequently. For alliance missions (generally my choices) I always keep one small plane in hanger so that I get an "easy" mission every week. For example - small propeller plane x 3 completes first mission in 1 or 2 days (450 coins each to buy extra aircraft, and 45 each back when you sell them again to get the hanger space back). I keep 4 jets as standard - they become the "large quest" (over 200 flights for alliance mission). If the mission does not require special items, I operate as many as 7 jets (sell surplus after - if you run to (e.g.) Baikonur, the cost of buying the extra jets is covered by all the bonus items you get for space flights, and I even achieved a weekly third place and got silver and gold tokens for my efforts. Very profitable week - but you need the time to keep launching the flights. However, if the mission requires flight items (e.g. spare propeller) I struggle to get enough items to achieve the objective, so just operate the main four Jets.

Generally I keep 2 Delta, 2 powerful Delta, and 2 Jumbo jets in the reserve hanger, and swap them around to achieve stars from flights in those categories as and when I can. (I have completed all missions for all aircraft up to and including Jets). I have also recently started completing adventure flights - interesting new locations, and bonuses - and you need to buy back some of the smaller aircraft.

In the final analysis, your fleet depends what interests you at the moment. Buying and selling the cheaper aircraft is relatively painless, and a good way of progressing flights objectives. I dont earn enough to buy and sell the larger jets each week, and have held off buying Giant Jets whilst I continue to complete flight objectives of smaller Jets. But by completing more space flights, and using high turnover commerce buildings cannily, I am currently earning between 600 and 800,000 coins a week. I still purchase a few extra cash (greenies) when the 3x sales are on, but thats to have fun using bonuses (e.g. spyglass, weathervane, and Inconvertable Coins are amongst my current favourites). I have just completed my Lunar Space building programme, and next objective is more hanger space for more aircraft and making more flights. But completing flights and progrtessing bonuses gives me the fun I was looking for in the game. You should follow your heart/interests, but I hope another players game play has helped you out a bit.

Good luck and if you fancy trading sent me a pm and neighbour request.
Andy

Top Bottom