Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Weekly Alliance Mission upcoming changes

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi!

No CBM in 2 Years. What Now?

After seeing threads like this, I have this awkward feeling that all our development efforts like 250+ collections, several hundred unique flights and buildings, and a new update every two weeks, are pointless, because the only thing everyone cares about is a sale that last happened two years ago, and our superiors should just disband the whole team and stop doing all updates except sales. :)

The good thing here, though, is that we have stats that prove that notion false, because most players just enjoy the game for what it is and are having fun with whatever we come up with to entertain them.

Also, the stats help us find the weak spots, and improve them. Last year, we've already made changes to the alliance mission, making it easier to complete. However, we see that was not enough, and are making further changes: depending on your level it will be 5% to 35% easier to complete.

If QA goes well, we'll release the changes tonight, and the changes will take effect when the next alliance mission becomes available on Monday. Have fun!

Ivan.

Hi!

After seeing threads like this, I have this awkward feeling that all our development efforts like 250+ collections, several hundred unique flights and buildings, and a new update every two weeks, are pointless, because the only thing everyone cares about is a sale that last happened two years ago, and our superiors should just disband the whole team and stop doing all updates except sales. :)

The good thing here, though, is that we have stats that prove that notion false, because most players just enjoy the game for what it is and are having fun with whatever we come up with to entertain them.

Also, the stats help us find the weak spots, and improve them. Last year, we've already made changes to the alliance mission, making it easier to complete. However, we see that was not enough, and are making further changes: depending on your level it will be 5% to 35% easier to complete.

If QA goes well, we'll release the changes tonight, and the changes will take effect when the next alliance mission becomes available on Monday. Have fun!

Ivan.
So it will make changes in the alliance rankings and rewards too? Or achieving the tasks only?

I
Hi!

Ivan.
I for one play the game and enjoy it for the reasons you have stated in your 2nd paragraph I am very grateful for all the hard work you and your team put into the game and am always happy to support you.
I look forward to many more years of playing the game.
Thanks again:)

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Hi!

Ivan.

Good news !!

Thanks Ivan !

Hi!
………………………...
Ivan.

I agree with @Robert

Keep up the good work.

Regards
Harcourt

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi,
Thank you for the information. Good news.
Do your statistics include the unfairness of the 100 limit?. With that limit, many of the changes and improvements you mention above are pointless as are nearly impossible to achieve.
Regards,
Alf

Thanks for bringing this issue up! Nobody was talking about it for a few hours, and I already started to worry that someone was actually busy playing the game.

Our team has no authority to remove the limit, and it is going to stay.

However, it is indeed unfair to the newer players that old players don't have it yet, and this issue will be addressed in the future updates. As in, old players will get the limit, too, and everyone will be in the same room. It is inevitable, and it's only a matter of time.

Now you can burn me :)

Thanks for bringing this issue up! Nobody was talking about it for a few hours, and I already started to worry that someone was actually busy playing the game.

However, it is indeed unfair to the newer players that old players don't have it yet, and this issue will be addressed in the future updates. As in, old players will get the limit, too, and everyone will be in the same room. It is inevitable, and it's only a matter of time.

Thanks for the reply.

No need to burn anyone. What is a pity is that, if I understood well, the tendency will be that we all will be the same poor instead of all the same rich. Sad. :(

Regards,

Alf

Looks good. From experience within my alliance there’s a bottleneck around the 60s/Low-70s Level’s where thevrequirements go up, but airports aren’t sufficiently developed to have resources to complete them. It seems to sort itself out by L80, of when you have 6 factories of the appropriate kind.

Hi,
Thank you for the information. Good news.
Do your statistics include the unfairness of the 100 limit?. With that limit, many of the changes and improvements you mention above are pointless as are nearly impossible to achieve.
Regards,
Alf
Pretty sure this is old ground, players without the 100 limit make up a percentage of the user base that is so small, it’s basically a rounding error. It seems like there are more than there are because forumers seem to play the game for longer

Last edited:

In face of those news, I have to stop spending real money on the game. Better sooner than later
Larger expenses are ruled out, i'll see what to do about very small ones.

Why would you do that? What company looks to deliberately antagonise its longest and most loyal customers? I pay to play, I pay my gold subscription and if I am going to be subjected to the 100 limit I will leave. Why would you want me to do that?
I think the 100 limit was a poorly considered policy and I don’t see what benefit it brought to anyone including Gi. We want you to govern the game properly, continue to bring in new ideas and gameplay, exclude the cheats but above all respect your customers.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Why would you do that? What company looks to deliberately antagonise its longest and most loyal customers? I pay to play, I pay my gold subscription and if I am going to be subjected to the 100 limit I will leave. Why would you want me to do that?
I think the 100 limit was a poorly considered policy and I don’t see what benefit it brought to anyone including Gi. We want you to govern the game properly, continue to bring in new ideas and gameplay, exclude the cheats but above all respect your customers.

The limit itself might not be the decision I like, but since I have no power to change it, it's pointless to be upset about it.

And since it is going to stay, we have a situation that newer players stand no chance against older ones in the ratings, because rules are different for them. It's been almost two years, and it seems it is a long enough period of having a serious in-game advantage for having started playing earlier. Anyway, nobody's going to take anything, you just wouldn't be able to store new items on top of those thousands some players have.

The limit itself might not be the decision I like, but since I have no power to change it, it's pointless to be upset about it.

And since it is going to stay, we have a situation that newer players stand no chance against older ones in the ratings, because rules are different for them. It's been almost two years, and it seems it is a long enough period of having a serious in-game advantage for having started playing earlier. Anyway, nobody's going to take anything, you just wouldn't be able to store new items on top of those thousands some players have.
And so what? Most of us won't be able - ever - to expand our city as we don't have a "greenie factory" aka CBM. Those cities won't shrink, so those players will always have an advantage over the rest
Don't do the "fairness talk", that's an illusion.
Objectively,
it's not fair that some have 10 of some buildings, some can only have 6
it's not fair that some have been able to collect thousands of blue boxes due to exceptional drop rates from the planetariums, some haven't
it's not fair that some have CBMs and could expand to max size, some couldn't
it's not fair that some have the 100 limit, some don't

The limit is just a tiny little part of unfairness

I myself spent a few greenies in order to increase some of my factories production. If I knew I was going to have that infamous limit, I would have never spent those greenies on that. Thus, if the limit was to be imposed to the older players I would feel cheated by the company

Hi!

Ivan.

Great, looking forward ... Great job everyone

No burning necessary - we know it's not your decision. :love::love::love:

It certainly will be interesting having the limit after 4 years of limitless playing. And I can see it will take a while to develop and get used to a new game plan. But HEY - it's a game and a great one at that. Change is good for us - keeps us on our toes. Always looking forward to a new challenge.

But just as there are already players who can somehow sail up the ratings doing 200 flights in 10 minutes, and nothing happens, there will be those who will find a magic way of keeping and continuing to store more flights items . There are those who thumb their nose at Gi. They are the ones you should be checking on as they'll keep doing it. So a playing field is never level.

I myself spent a few greenies in order to increase some of my factories production. If I knew I was going to have that infamous limit, I would have never spent those greenies on that. Thus, if the limit was to be imposed to the older players I would feel cheated by the company

Exactly. I have been talking about for over a year now.

Is it fair to the players who spent REAL CASH to upgrade their factory items? No. All that money is now wasted. (except maybe Sweet Factories)

Top Bottom