Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Valley of the kings event-can't send straitjacket to neighbors

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
We all do. And I’m sure the techs are busting their OOs to get it fixed ASAP. The event is tricky. It was last year as well. Still very doable even if we do lose a couple days.
Definitely a tricky one. The collections feed one another, and the usual tactics of collecting wont work here....which I kind of like

We all do. And I’m sure the techs are busting their OOs to get it fixed ASAP. The event is tricky. It was last year as well. Still very doable even if we do lose a couple days.
Don’t kid yourself on that one @Bob69bob , they sent the update out with a major fundamental flaw. A quest that requires items that no one can gift, if they couldn’t give a toss about sending it out correct they won’t be pulling up trees to fix it. It’s comedy gold :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Don’t kid yourself on that one @Bob69bob , they sent the update out with a major fundamental flaw. A quest that requires items that no one can gift, if they couldn’t give a toss about sending it out correct they won’t be pulling up trees to fix it. It’s comedy gold :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@Bob69bob is just being optimistic...can't knock him for that :LOL:

Don’t kid yourself on that one @Bob69bob , they sent the update out with a major fundamental flaw.
A quest that requires items that no one can gift, if they couldn’t give a toss about sending it out correct they won’t be pulling up trees to fix it. It’s comedy gold :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think I had a mellow moment of madness. I’m pretty sure, though, that the coders and grunt game builders would be extremely disappointed themselves having their work distributed time after time after time when it’s only 95% ready to go and some middle manager on KPIs is screaming at his whiteboard to get the product launched. We know there are people in GI that are passionate about the game because, as a whole, it’s a great game - it’s got all of us sucked in! They’ve been listening to us and have tried to make some great changes.

The coders would be horrified that the bean counters keep forcing dodgy updates out that obviously haven’t even been beta tested properly (at all?). We’ve had several big updates in the last 12 months and event after event after event. Rush, rush, rush. Fixing old bugs while working on new product with little wiggle room on the managers almighty time line can only lead to failure.

Unfortunately I’ve seen too many companies run this way (even worked for a few) and the minions in the companies just don’t get heard. Or they get ignored. I’ve certainly done my fair share of bitching about GI and the rubbish that gets distributed but in the end, what can I do? Keep on bitching? It’s getting tiring. Walk away? I still enjoy the game and I’ve got money and hundreds of hours invested. All I can hope for is that the folks at the coal face designing the game can get a few victories going in succession.

I could take a bloody bat to the GI bean counters for the crap they dish out but I really do sympathise with crew having the whip cracked at them and Ivan who knows that every time he comes here he’s going to get a barrage of criticism and then he has to go back and be the messenger to the coders (who already know the underdone software is SH#T ) and also advise the the brass that they are di#@heads but in a subtle enough way that he doesn’t get the bullet.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think I had a mellow moment of madness. I’m pretty sure, though, that the coders and grunt game builders would be extremely disappointed themselves having their work distributed time after time after time when it’s only 95% ready to go and some middle manager on KPIs is screaming at his whiteboard to get the product launched. We know there are people in GI that are passionate about the game because, as a whole, it’s a great game - it’s got all of us sucked in! They’ve been listening to us and have tried to make some great changes.

The coders would be horrified that the bean counters keep forcing dodgy updates out that obviously haven’t even been beta tested properly (at all?). We’ve had several big updates in the last 12 months and event after event after event. Rush, rush, rush. Fixing old bugs while working on new product with little wiggle room on the managers almighty time line can only lead to failure.

Unfortunately I’ve seen too many companies run this way (even worked for a few) and the minions in the companies just don’t get heard. Or they get ignored. I’ve certainly done my fair share of bitching about GI and the rubbish that gets distributed but in the end, what can I do? Keep on bitching? It’s getting tiring. Walk away? I still enjoy the game and I’ve got money and hundreds of hours invested. All I can hope for is that the folks at the coal face designing the game can get a few victories going in succession.

I could take a bloody bat to the GI bean counters for the crap they dish out but I really do sympathise with crew having the whip cracked at them and Ivan who knows that every time he comes here he’s going to get a barrage of criticism and then he has to go back and be the messenger to the coders (who already know the underdone software is SH#T ) and also advise the the brass that they are di#@heads but in a subtle enough way that he doesn’t get the bullet.
Again, well said. You know a game is great when people still invest time and money into it regardless of how they complain. I usually dont pay attention to these tycoon games for so long, but with so many different things you can do and unique ways to play, can't help but get sucked in. It's literally become a part of my life...my daily routine. Says a lot about the game.

I won’t hold it against you for having a mellow moment :ROFLMAO:

They have have a good run recently with updates etc but this one is pretty fundamental and shows that the testing process is poor but I do agree 100% with everything you said. (y)(y)

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but software testing is really hard. If you don’t work in IT fields or have a lot of exposure to it you have no idea how difficult it can get. Especially true for a game as complicated and difficult as this game.

Ivan’s got a hard job running the development and I tried to be pretty even keel on compliments and complaints. I still respect the heck out of him coming here and interacting with us, especially when they’re facing a major issue like this

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
For the IOS & Android users there is a little relief by using the daily videos to get a straitjacket and make a flight to free up some space in the possessed terminal. Then you will get a few more jackets harvesting the burial vaults until they fill up and everything comes to a halt again. It's probably all futile but at least it feels like some progress is being made. If we had 6 months or so, this video for straitjacket method might work to complete the event. :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
For the IOS & Android users there is a little relief by using the daily videos to get a straitjacket and make a flight to free up some space in the possessed terminal. Then you will get a few more jackets harvesting the burial vaults until they fill up and everything comes to a halt again. It's probably all futile but at least it feels like some progress is being made. If we had 6 months or so, this video for straitjacket method might work to complete the event. :)
*6 years

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Uh oh....looks like Kate catching a little attitude...she needs to chill.
Anyway, looks like no solution is on the horizon, and a possibility exists that we won't get some time compensation for time lost.

Capture+_2017-10-19-09-08-10.png

Anyway, looks like no solution is on the horizon, and a possibility exists that we won't get some time compensation for time lost.

View attachment 9879
"Yeah yeah, we did a mistake but if you don't finish the quest that's not our problem".

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil

View attachment 9879

Happy to see that I'm not the only one opening tickets, sending follow-up requests every day, and asking for compensation due to significant bug because of poor QA control.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Happy to see that I'm not the only one opening tickets, sending follow-up requests every day, and asking for compensation due to significant bug because of poor QA control.
Listen man, if they're going to be taking our time and money because of this great game, they better expect that we would want a rewarding experience and answers when things go wrong.

JT_Tuur

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
JT_Tuur
Username
JT_Tuur
How do I use my daily videos to get Straight Jackets? I didn 't see that possibility yet.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
How do I use my daily videos to get Straight Jackets? I didn 't see that possibility yet.
You click to fly the flight even though you dont have the item. A window pops up with the commercial button beneath the greenies button. No need for that though; they've found a solution apparently. Update your game to see the effects.

Top Bottom