Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The price of runway 6

The price of runway 6 is way too much :mad:now I'm forced to refuse planes because I don't have the required 800k even worse I still need to get a sweet factory, upgrade my control Tower and upgrade my town hall (these cost around 1.4 million coins). oh! :cry:I haven't even mention I need to increase my fleet, add another 1.5 million. How am I going to do this? My game has hit a hard wall!:banghead::cry: Any suggestions will help right now.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
The price of runway 6 is way too much :mad:now I'm forced to refuse planes because I don't have the required 800k even worse I still need to get a sweet factory, upgrade my control Tower and upgrade my town hall (these cost around 1.4 million coins). How am I going to do this? My game has hit a hard wall!:banghead::cry: Any suggestions will help right now.
I am having same issues. I’ve decided patience is really a virtue and to take one step at a time. I had to keep using coins that I accumulated towards runway6 for other things like uocrading the control tower and town hall, which I decided to do both. But now, I need to update the town hall again and get the sweets factory as well, which I’m going to wait for both since I am over halfway to the 800K, because the longer you wait the more planes must be refused and that’s all I’m getting lately are the Giants, which I as an still accept, and the falcons, which I can’t. That means I’m losing out on many free items including all those free passengers and oil. The alternative is to spend cash on coins and personally I’m not going to do that. Good luck @Teboho!

I am having same issues. I’ve decided patience is really a virtue and to take one step at a time. I had to keep using coins that I accumulated towards runway6 for other things like uocrading the control tower and town hall, which I decided to do both. But now, I need to update the town hall again and get the sweets factory as well, which I’m going to wait for both since I am over halfway to the 800K, because the longer you wait the more planes must be refused and that’s all I’m getting lately are the Giants, which I as an still accept, and the falcons, which I can’t. That means I’m losing out on many free items including all those free passengers and oil. The alternative is to spend cash on coins and personally I’m not going to do that. Good luck @Teboho!
The problem is all this things needing attention at the same time :cry: I know that I need to save which is achievable but then the intermediaries start to creep in as well.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
Red Launches!! Once you start launching reds, you can gain coins much faster....get some friendly neighbors with ql, and u can get 1 mil easy! Join others ql launches, and reap the rewards...u dont have to get first all the time to benefit from it!
Great idea, I thought about that too, but geez it’s 600k for the mission control 3 and the red launch pad. But in the long run you can make more $$$ I guess.

Great idea, I thought about that too, but geez it’s 600k for the mission control 3 and the red launch pad. But in the long run you can make more $$$ I guess.
You also need a level 5 runway. If you have one, you don't have to worry about it. Also posting this for newer players,that are reading this, who may not know how they need a runway for red launches.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
You also need a level 5 runway. If you have one, you don't have to worry about it. Also posting this for newer players,that are reading this, who may not know how they need a runway for red launches.
So that would add to the cost...good thing I have one and good thing for those who don’t, it only increases npby another 100K...totaling 700K.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
The price of runway 6 is way too much :mad:now I'm forced to refuse planes because I don't have the required 800k even worse I still need to get a sweet factory, upgrade my control Tower and upgrade my town hall (these cost around 1.4 million coins). oh! :cry:I haven't even mention I need to increase my fleet, add another 1.5 million. How am I going to do this? My game has hit a hard wall!:banghead::cry: Any suggestions will help right now.

I try to look out a few levels for major purchases. I'm not an advanced player...kinda taking my time. I look ahead for what level that I will need to have my next runway. I then save for it well in advance and halt other spending. It means that I often don't have the fastest growing airport or latest buildings. I find it is a good time to focus on completing lower level stars and building up my flights to places that provide the launch chests. I'm 160K experience points from my level 71 which means I'll need a new runway on my primary account. I have been saving for over two months now and am now above the 1.4M coins needed. Now I will save for another building on top of that too. Not sure what yet...but my repair facility is needed an update so another 120K is needed before I'll spend anything. Make sure you are getting your neighbor visits in as I find those net me the most coins especially if you click on red towers and planetariums.
I hold my lower level planes longer and keep flights to destinations behind my level. I only have a tower 5 but find the 7 hangers plenty for my flying time. Fewer planes means less land devoted to passengers and more land for coin generating buildings.

Your signature indicates 80 stars which means there are lots of destinations you have not completed that don't require any plane higher than a delta. Start focusing on those destinations and there is no need for the sweets factory or other special buildings. I still don't have one or a laundry and I have so many destinations I have yet to hit before I'll add those buildings. I think I might need them in late 2018 based on my rate of flying (yes I'm slow)

Hope this long winded response helps some. Good luck!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
The price of runway 6 is way too much :mad:now I'm forced to refuse planes because I don't have the required 800k. My game has hit a hard wall!:banghead::cry: Any suggestions will help right now.
Yes, I'm approaching this dilemma.
There's quite a useful discussion about this here:
Opinion seems quite split on the matter, either skip it and wait for level 71 and hope to have enough to buy level 7 or buy the level 6. It's worth noting that apparently, the xp needed to get to the next level in the 60s goes up to 100k, then between 70 and 71, it's 200k. So, in order to reach level 71 and RW7, you'll need to amass a lot more more xp than you have so far to date. That will take a while.

I've changed my mind on this at least a hundred times, but at the moment, I think I'm going to save up and buy the level 6, but it won't be when I turn level 51.

Since about level 44, I've stopped cashing in collections, to delay reaching level 51 as long as possible.
So, with a bit of luck, by the time the first Falcon wants to land, I should have about half the coins needed. It will then probably take somewhere around another 2 weeks or so to get the rest. Then I'll be broke again and can start saving for the control tower upgrade.

When it comes to your town hall, if you're already at level 5, I'd suggest doing launches to get silver tokens, Then, you can spend 300 of them on a Grand Hotel, which will give you 300 pop. You can do this 6 time, and save spending any coins on a Town Hall.

@Teboho you're in the same place as me. I have 250K so far. Best answer chill out! I know you cant land falcon etc, but as davejoyg said, go for all stars in turboprop, jets, etc. That's what I'm doing. Even when you get rw6 or jump to 7 which btw is 1.5M, youcant do anything except land planes. I don't have the infrastructure, passengers or fuel to load 1 falcon let alone breakdowns, alongside my other flights. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon!

I see a problem with strategy of many of the new players:
Guys, you should read this forum to gain some experience and prepare your own strategy. You should not allow the game to force you to do something, you should act according to your plan.
So e.g. if you reach lvl41, you should not buy immediately a Giant. It is good to build a Sweets Factory (how many - 1, 3 or 6 :) ?) at lvl51 but if your plan is first to build a runway lvl6, then postpone the Factory.
Otherwise what I did was to build MCC3 and Launch Pad 3 early enough and started doing red launches. I built the runway 6 and 7 immediately after I reached the respective level and collected the coins.
I still haven't flown a single Giant or Falcon flight (not to mention Thunderbird or Condor), but 3*-ed all TP to Powerful Delta flights and now do the same for Jumbo ones.
I wouldn't say you need to upgrade your Town Hall above lvl6 (look at my game, I'm at lvl6 TH now), you should work on Control Tower and Terminal first all the way to lvl11. You should however start flying adventure flights. First two buildings (Aztec Pyramid and Colosseum) are not so difficult and once you get 6x from each, you will have 12 collectible items dropping daily for free and more important 600 pop more.

EDIT: You should also build 6x respective factory early enough to start accumulating flight items (that means 6x Flight Catering Facility as early as possible, but then start building 1, 2 and so until 6x Laundries slowly at least 1-2 months before you start giant flights etc.).

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
You should however start flying adventure flights. First two buildings (Aztec Pyramid and Colosseum) are not so difficult and once you get 6x from each, you will have 12 collectible items dropping daily for free and more important 600 pop more.
It may just be that I'm thick, but I don't really understand the whole Adventure flights part of the game yet.
Is there a simple guide for what to do and the best way to do it? Starting from (I guess) buying the maps from the Air ship.

It may just be that I'm thick, but I don't really understand the whole Adventure flights part of the game yet.
Is there a simple guide for what to do and the best way to do it? Starting from (I guess) buying the maps from the Air ship.
You should look for a detailed adventure flights guide somewhere in the forum, but in short:
1) you should start buying Excavation flight maps from Duke's shop (the item for coins only). As you can buy 5 per Duke's visit, start buying maps well in advance. I'm now buying North America maps although I'm not planning to fly Condors in next perhaps 12 months. So I'd say it is advisable you start buying at least first four excavation maps (TP to Pow Delta) and you keep doing this until you reach at least 150 of each.
2) once you collect enough maps and enough fuel, you should start flying I'd say 4 TPs to Mesoamerica excavations with regular Dice activated and with instant return with fuel. You should try to fly as many flights as possible for the 6h duration of the dice. From these flights you will get maps to the five Mesoamerica destinations. Once you collect 2-3 maps for each of the five destinations, you go to 3)
3) you start flying to one of two TP destinations (Machu Picchu or Tollan) with activated 6h map for the resp destination and Golden Dice. Again you do instant return with fuel and again your goal is to do as many flights as possible for the duration of the golden dice and the map (NB: although both are called maps, they work differently - the excavation "map" is more likely a flight item - you use 1 for every flight you do, the maps for the five destinations are time limited maps - they allow you to do unlimited number of flights for their duration). Your goal is to get 36 items for each destination.
Once you collect x36 items from both TP destination, you start flying the other 3 Jet destinations in the same way - just you need more passengers for sending flight and more fuel for instant return. I recommend you send again 4 or more Jets at the same time.
4) once you collect 36 items from each of 5 destinations, you will get 6 Aztec Pyramids (6 collections per Pyramid) and 36 Bronze Chests, i.e. some fuel and some gold and silver tokens. Build the Pyramids and you will have +50 pop per Pyramid.
Then you start doing the same for Colosseum etc.

Top Bottom