Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The old good news and bad news....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I was playing Airport City and for some reason my table reset and rebooted. When I started Airport City back up, I found my game had been reset to about 6 or so days ago.

The bad news is that all the progress I made on the event has been lost. All the buildings I bought on sale and other changes I made using airport cash haven been lost as well.

The good news is that all my Airport City cash has been restored. The mystery buildings that I bought were not all that useful, other than the Tree of Life, but I can live without that. So odd as it may seem I am glad to have those buildings gone and the cash back. I think I can better spend it on something else.

I have emailed GI Support to inform them about this occurrence. I have emphasized that I DO NOT want my city restored. I also asked them if they could extend the counter on my event since I have basically lost 6 days or so of time.

It will be interesting to see their response to my request. I am sure that this has happened to other long term players. Oh one other bit of news, the 100 limit per item change DID NOT show up in my game. I guess I was lucky about that. However, typing while keeping your fingers crossed is not easy. (Grin)

Reporting from the Great White North,
Canadian Cowboy.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Well, I got my response from GI Support. They said that they could not extend the timer in the event for me, as the same timer is used by all players. They also asked if I had any screen shots to confirm the progress I made in the event before the rest. Regretfully, I do not. So it seems that they will not be able to help me. (Sigh)

It never occurred to me to take screen shots of my game progress while playing an event. I also lost 3 space flights that I had completed. Oh well. I won't die from this, and the last time I checked not only is the earth still spinning, but its orbit has not changed and the earth is NOT spiraling into the sun. So all in all, things are okay, the universe is still here.

This concludes the latest report from The Great White North.
Canadian Cowboy.

Well, I got my response from GI Support. They said that they could not extend the timer in the event for me, as the same timer is used by all players. They also asked if I had any screen shots to confirm the progress I made in the event before the rest. Regretfully, I do not. So it seems that they will not be able to help me. (Sigh)

It never occurred to me to take screen shots of my game progress while playing an event. I also lost 3 space flights that I had completed. Oh well. I won't die from this, and the last time I checked not only is the earth still spinning, but its orbit has not changed and the earth is NOT spiraling into the sun. So all in all, things are okay, the universe is still here.

This concludes the latest report from The Great White North.
Canadian Cowboy.
I am sitting with the same problem. I was reset back to before the soccer challenge. I did open a ticket and I did have screen shots. Still waiting on GI support on the solution.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I just got a reply and a surprise from GI Support. They sent me three UFO sets, as compensation for my time lost in the event. The UFO sets helped a lot. I now have 4 jets (instead of 2) and I have completed the two collections. All that is left is the plasma blaster collection, which I have completed 1 time. I think I have a good chance at completing the event.

Canadian Cowboy.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Now for the weird news. The counters in the event are not working for me. I have sent the following mail to GI Support. Maybe they can fix the problems.

Hi GI Support Team.

I am sorry to report further problems with the current event. The counters for completing collections are not working in the "It Came From Outer Space" status screen.

I have collected the "The Truth Is Out There" collection 3 times, and the "Some Like It Hot" collection 4 times, according to the collections display. However the "It Came From Outer Space" status screen shows both of these collections as 0/2 and 0/4 respectively.

What is going on? Why can't I complete this event?

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
The last update from GI support is that they are investigating. I am continuing to play. In the meantime, I just completed the "The Truth Is Out There" collection for the 4th time. I got a crop circle and the counter for "Complete the Truth Is Out There" collection now shows 1/2. My guess is that you have to get a crop circle reward to increase this counter.

As for the "Some Like It Hot" collection counter, that still shows 0/4 although I have completed this collection 4 times.

Maybe GI is doing the counter on something other than base 10, maybe octal or hexadecimal? LOL

Canadian Cowboy.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
For anyone who is following this thread, it happened again.

After I charged my tablet, and started it up I started up Airport City. The game has been RESET again. I have my Airport City Cash back and all my buildings and other changes to my city have been lost. I had a crop circle and it is gone. I no longer have the 4 fighter jets I had and my game timer is down to 6 days and 7 hours.

I have decided to stop playing this event as there seems to be no point. I cannot save my progress in the game so why play it? In a similar manner I have decided to suspend playing Airport City until this problem get solved. I will wait for an update to Airport City, on Google Play and once that update has been applied I will try playing Airport City again.

Yes, I am displeased by this development. No I do not want my game restored. What I want is this problem to be fixed or for GI Support to provide some type of work around. Is that too much to ask?

To all my friends out there who visit my city, and with whom I exchange gifts, I will be showing up as Zzzzzzzz in a day or so. Long term, I plan to come back to Airport City, but I do not know when. I regret any inconvenience this may cause my neighbors. Airport City is not fun when I cannot be sure of having my progress in the game saved.

Fortunately, I have other tablet games to play to pass the time while I wait for a fix or a solution.

I will be checking in on the form and reading threads to see if anything new is happening.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for the rant.

A most unhappy and disgruntled Canadian Cowboy

Last edited:
Top Bottom