Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet

With the weather giving us blue skies and sunshine and 23c heat this last few weeks, we have been barbequing a lot. Pork chops is one of my favourite on the BBQ with barbequed new potatoes and a green side salad. We have recently enjoyed the introduction of s'mores on the bbq and those of you within the Americas will know what they are.

I have been tempted to do a lot of posts in this section as not only am I a cookery teacher but also I entertain a lot and do a home made meal for my family every night. A three course meal for 20 every couple of weeks is great fun if not exhausting and highly satisfying!
whereabouts in the world are you, sounds fantastic, and what are s'mores?
question.png

oh wow - @Blue Jay and @Chazzy999 - they sound amazing, and must try them. We have had some really hot weather, especially great weekends, but only a couple of days and then wind or cold comes in for a day or two, then hot again! - still only late spring so fingers crossed for the summer. Managed 2 BBQ's so far this year.

Found one!
smore.jpg

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
oh wow - @Blue Jay and @Chazzy999 - they sound amazing, and must try them. We have had some really hot weather, especially great weekends, but only a couple of days and then wind or cold comes in for a day or two, then hot again! - still only late spring so fingers crossed for the summer. Managed 2 BBQ's so far this year.

Found one!
View attachment 13493

I would love living in UK ! I love the English weather ! But maybe in Scottland because it is too hot in the South of UK !

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
With the weather giving us blue skies and sunshine and 23c heat this last few weeks, we have been barbequing a lot. Pork chops is one of my favourite on the BBQ with barbequed new potatoes and a green side salad. We have recently enjoyed the introduction of s'mores on the bbq and those of you within the Americas will know what they are.

I have been tempted to do a lot of posts in this section as not only am I a cookery teacher but also I entertain a lot and do a home made meal for my family every night. A three course meal for 20 every couple of weeks is great fun if not exhausting and highly satisfying!

Welcome to The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet - I enjoyed reading your post. The words 'cookery teacher' just leaps up from your post. Cooking and entertaining family and friends, on a regular basis, is such great fun and something we, as a family, enjoy very much.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

The words 'cookery teacher' just leaps up from your post.
I made it sound like I am actually still teaching but haven't for about a year now although I am on standby at a nearby private school in the area.

It will be another BBQ dinner later and the family seem to want to go out for a BBQ picnic tomorrow. We have a 'Cobb' BBQ which is very portable and versatile and is excellent for a day out - you can cook breakfast, lunch and dinner on it and make the day in the sunshine a long one!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I made it sound like I am actually still teaching but haven't for about a year now although I am on standby at a nearby private school in the area.

It will be another BBQ dinner later and the family seem to want to go out for a BBQ picnic tomorrow. We have a 'Cobb' BBQ which is very portable and versatile and is excellent for a day out - you can cook breakfast, lunch and dinner on it and make the day in the sunshine a long one!

Yes, I know of the Cobb BBQ range, they are indeed portable and versatile, not found anything quite as good for outdoor countryside cooking. Always managed to get good cooking results from the Cobb.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Late pub lunch for today - pan roasted swordfish steak with mixed peppercorn butter, steamed mixed vegetables and a bottle of chilled white wine.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
too hot - are you having a laugh? :D:D:D

Ah ah ah ! You could believe it ! But no ! I dream of living in Normandy, on summer, it is 25°C maximum ! In Toulouse, on the summer it can be 37°C... it makes 28°C in the bedroom, so, sleeping is really hard ! Whereas in Normandy, you can sleep easily all year along !!

I love cold !!!

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
There's no such thing as too hot, surely? We do find that in the UK we do cherish the heat and dry, as it isn't a guarantee at any time of the year!!!

Ah ah ah !

Yet, you are lucky ! When I have been in Edinburg, I fell in love with the climat ! I wanted to stay there ! But I had to go back home... hot is hell ! Grass is not green here, it is yellow ! Which is uggly !

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Sunday lunch for tomorrow - slow braised beef cheeks in red wine sauce, creamy mash potatos, steamed green beans and carrots, fresh baked bread and something suitable to drink with the meal. It is quite some time since last making this meal, some what long winded a process, but well worth it, a family favourite.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Sunday lunch for tomorrow - slow braised beef cheeks in red wine sauce, creamy mash potatos, steamed green beans and carrots, fresh baked bread and something suitable to drink with the meal. It is quite some time since last making this meal, some what long winded a process, but well worth it, a family favourite.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Sounds amazing.

We are at the RAF air show at RAF Cosford celebrating 100 years of the Royal Air Force, so making a pack up with Bacon and Egg rolls for breakfast when we arrive, then Cornish Pasties, filled rolls, fruit pies, basically carb heaven!!!!! - still don't do it often.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Sounds amazing.

We are at the RAF air show at RAF Cosford celebrating 100 years of the Royal Air Force, so making a pack up with Bacon and Egg rolls for breakfast when we arrive, then Cornish Pasties, filled rolls, fruit pies, basically carb heaven!!!!! - still don't do it often.

It sounds like a wonderful day planned, smart of you to take your own food and drinks. Such events can be an expensive day out, for a family.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

It sounds like a wonderful day planned, smart of you to take your own food and drinks. Such events can be an expensive day out, for a family.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Yup, big family tradition since my son was born, he buys me an airshow ticket every year to whichever we think will be the best one, we buy my father in law one, and us three boys have a fantastic day out. My daughter, Mrs Ralphy and her mother treat themselves to a shopping day so win win all round. My son is now 25, so this is the silver anniversary of our tradition!
red arrows.jpg

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Pub lunch for today - saffron coated chunky chips, oven roasted sausages, a bowl of medium spiced haraka beans and a bottle of Haywood Farm apple cider - could not resist after a busy morning cleaning my fountain pens.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom