Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet

Oh, my! I stumbled into this tasty thread and you just reminded me of haggis, black pudding and a wee dram! Sadly you can't get decent haggis in Sweden, but I can get black pudding and I've got a tiny collection of favourite single malts on the kitchen shelf and some Strongbow in the fridge... <hurrying home to quaff that dram before it escapes>...
Wow - you have taste - holliday'd in Scotland earlier this year, and had haggis a number of times. Couldn't eat it all the time, and needs to be with something moist as a very dry dish, but loved it - and you can't beat a good single malt!
whiskey glass.jpg

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Wow - you have taste - holliday'd in Scotland earlier this year, and had haggis a number of times. Couldn't eat it all the time, and needs to be with something moist as a very dry dish, but loved it - and you can't beat a good single malt!
View attachment 12381

Always good to welcome a new foodie to our ranks, never eat Haggis by itself - @CajsaMacD

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

So liver and onions tonight with mash, yum yum. A glass of red merlot and not a couple of wee drams to finish the night off. No wonder i am sleeping well :)
Sounds nice, but I am one of those who can't stand liver, sorry! - one of those foods you either love of hate - Enjoy. Still on holiday in Devon, but booked in at a pub our host recommends for steak night tonight, and a pint ( or 2) of the Cornish Doombar bitter - salivating already!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Lunch at home for today - a satisfying bowl of spaghetti with homemade fresh tomato, basel and garlic saurce - far too cold and wet to go out this Monday afternoon.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
if I understand well, you write here what you ate ?

So, I just ate some pasta, but with Gruyère and a lot of Reblochon ! Have you ever eaten Reblochon ? I am totaly in love with this cheese !

Cheers !

So, I just ate some pasta, but with Gruyère and a lot of Reblochon ! Have you ever eaten Reblochon ? I am totaly in love with this cheese !

Cheers !
Never heard of it or tried it - where is it from, and is it hard or soft, strong or mild? :D:)

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
Never heard of it or tried it - where is it from, and is it hard or soft, strong or mild? :D:)

@ItsRalphy
It is from France (Region of Savoie), Reblochon is soft and strong, and Gruyère is hard and mild.
But, the best cheese of the world and of the universe is .... : Epoisses ! a cheese with marc of wine of Bourgogne ! I would kill to eat it ! :D ! ah ah !

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

Cheers !

This thread is for all things food and drink related. I'm very familiar with the two cheeses you mentioned - Gruyere (Swiss cheese goes nicely in a grilled sandwich for example) and Reblochon (French cheese goes very nicely with Desiree potatos and bacon for example).

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

Gruyere - is a Swiss, hard yellow cheese, it is sweet but slightly salty, the flavour varies with age. When young it is creamy and nutty, it becomes more complex as it matures - good with grilled sandwiches, also good with omelettes. Reblochon - is a French, soft cheese, with a delicate flavour and a creamy texture - can be used with many types of dishes.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
This thread is for all things food and drink related. I'm very familiar with the two cheeses you mentioned - Gruyere (Swiss cheese goes nicely in a grilled sandwich for example) and Reblochon (French cheese goes very nicely with Desiree potatos and bacon for example).

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

@Captain WH Rollins
I am pleased you know those cheese ! But there are 2 kind of Gruyère ! With hole and it is a french one, whithout hole and it is a swiss one !

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
If you are allergic to dairy, you could eat the holes and we will take the cheese?

I always feel somewhat cheated when there are large numbers of holes in a block of cheese. If you add up all the holes, it would mean far more cheese. Somewhat short changed, I feel.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Lunch at home for today - toasted roast chicken sandwich with cheese and pickle, and a strong pot of English Tea - the warm weather has gone on this late Tuesday afternoon.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom