Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows The Escape Key is your friend

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Trivial tip but after many years of playing the game I have just worked out the Escape key is your friend for all those annoying popups. You know those annoying screens when you click on the wrong thing or receive a reward. In fact it is really great when receiving rewards, you can pretty much dismiss it before it appears, a real time saver.

Anyway hope you find this useful.

2023-02-11_17-34-21.png

2023-02-11_17-43-17.png

Last edited:

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
Now that’s the sort of revelation that I love to read in here! Something so simple that we’ve used in a similar fashion for decades in other apps/programs but never thought to investigate here.

Cheers! 🍻
I found out about the escape key from another player a few weeks ago... it makes all the difference when you play an ad by accident.

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
Trivial tip but after many years of playing the game I have just worked out the Escape key is your friend for all those annoying popups. You know those annoying screens when you click on the wrong thing or receive a reward. In fact it is really great when receiving rewards, you can pretty much dismiss it before it appears, a real time saver.

Anyway hope you find this useful.

View attachment 69064

View attachment 69065
this is CRAZY from my perspective, i found Esc key on Day1 of playing.

Think I picked up the habit from other games on PC but it was 2nd nature to use esc key. I'm sorry i not think to put this info into the forums to save ppl from some of the "grind" of having to click w/ the mouse.

Using it is especially helpful when opening 1 chest

Last edited:

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
I cannot even imagine playing without the ESC key.

I have a secret dream too,,, that the arrow keys would cycle the Resource Base / Mechanical Plant. Would be amazing.
OMG u dislodged that from the deepest part of my memory ... 😠 w/ the Esc working as i expected, i was shocked to learn the arrow keys not work, actually thought I DL the broken ver of the game 🤪

ONLY way those & other changes occur if current owners were replaced & had ppl who cared & more importantly had the resources to polish this game to be a diamond of fun & entertainment instead of a grind similar to MMORPGs ... disappointedly some guy in Cali won the USA largest lottery jackpot & not me (strongly considered buying GI & moving to US & fixed many things if i had won)

I cannot even imagine playing without the ESC key.

I have a secret dream too,,, that the arrow keys would cycle the Resource Base / Mechanical Plant. Would be amazing.
It’s amazing how many people don’t pick up on details which others might think are quite obvious. It think that it’s an anomaly with this game because quite a few aspects/routines seem to change significantly and quickly -, especially while advancing through the lower levels. It sometimes becomes such a repetitive tapping process that the process becomes in grained. If you don’t notice subtle changes as they’re introduced, the longer you play, the less likely you are to realise. The arrows at the top of the buildings you describe above, I’m embarrassed to admit, took me months to notice when helos were introduced and I was constantly exiting a building then tapping the next to enter that one. I was both excited and embarrassed at the workload I was putting myself through! Even more surprising was the number of people that also put their hand up to admit similarly when I mentioned my discovery🤪.

Another routine which shocked me as NOT being common knowledge, was the ability, when sending gifts, to select one gift and then choose multiple people (up to the full 30 if you’re capable) and send the whole lot with a single click. An absolute necessity if involved in a fuel ring. Obvious to me? Yes! But we soon realised a reasonable number of players had no idea what we were describing to them. They were sending one at a time, over and over 😴. My guess is that early on in the game most players would be sending gifts out individually depending on what the recipient’s needs were. At the beginning, there weren’t many gifts to send out so there was not much need to search out efficiencies in that task. Without a scenario to nudge players into looking for easier solutions, they simply plod on doing what they know how to do! 😁

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
It’s amazing how many people don’t pick up on details which others might think are quite obvious. It think that it’s an anomaly with this game because quite a few aspects/routines seem to change significantly and quickly -, especially while advancing through the lower levels. It sometimes becomes such a repetitive tapping process that the process becomes in grained. If you don’t notice subtle changes as they’re introduced, the longer you play, the less likely you are to realise. The arrows at the top of the buildings you describe above, I’m embarrassed to admit, took me months to notice when helos were introduced and I was constantly exiting a building then tapping the next to enter that one. I was both excited and embarrassed at the workload I was putting myself through! Even more surprising was the number of people that also put their hand up to admit similarly when I mentioned my discovery🤪.

Another routine which shocked me as NOT being common knowledge, was the ability, when sending gifts, to select one gift and then choose multiple people (up to the full 30 if you’re capable) and send the whole lot with a single click. An absolute necessity if involved in a fuel ring. Obvious to me? Yes! But we soon realised a reasonable number of players had no idea what we were describing to them. They were sending one at a time, over and over 😴. My guess is that early on in the game most players would be sending gifts out individually depending on what the recipient’s needs were. At the beginning, there weren’t many gifts to send out so there was not much need to search out efficiencies in that task. Without a scenario to nudge players into looking for easier solutions, they simply plod on doing what they know how to do! 😁
Everything you said there was 100% true. Funny how I discovered myself doing both of those things you listed above... I can't believe I went so long doing so!

Top Bottom