Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The desperate rush to level up

Some thoughts of mine while learning to play this game. Planetariums, planetariums, planetariums... oh the rush of experience points and charging up the levels. How great did it feel! I've been playing for about 12 months and I'm currently sitting at level 77 so it's easy for me (you might say) to sit back and advise newer players to reconsider your rush. Sure, I've done reasonably well. I listened to a lot of good mentors in here. I took on as much advice as I could, but we always want to do it our way. And I did too.

First of all, consider what you will gain by levelling up... more places to visit? More things to buy? More buildings to build? Reality check - In the very short term, you get a box of passengers in your warehouse, a barrel of fuel and a full tank refill (don't you hate it when you didn't see the level up coming and your tank was still almost full :banghead:). And then the desire to do it all again :ROFLMAO:. I would say to most players that the rush is short lived. You can't afford the new aircraft, you don't have the resources for the new destinations and often the frustration is even worse because you now have a higher percentage of guest planes that you can't land because you can't afford the runway they need! Very, very frustrating. I bought bigger planes and found out quickly I was out of my depth. On several instances, I bit the bullet and sold those airplanes off simply because I wasn't ready for them. Even now I've only just moved on to jumbos, having done almost everything i can with the predecessor aircraft types. I.e., all the stars, adventure maps, space maps, side quests etc. Patience, Robby said, patience. No time for that, I thought!!

One thing I did learn along the way, was to get whatever resources I could stockpiled early. I built 6 flight catering facilities as fast as I could, before I needed them. I've almost never had to ask for FC as a gift. Then laundries, sweets factories and furniture factories. I'm only just needing blankets now and I have 1100 in my warehouse. Lollipops, beds and sleeping pills? 1000, 800 and 100 and growing and I'm not close to needing them yet. Ultimately it means that when I do start to use them, I can ask for other flight items that I can't get enough of myself and I won't have aircraft sitting idle because I don't have the flight items needed to fly them.

I'm no expert. My city is progressing well, but is a long way off the masters of the game, many of whom frequent these pages. Just providing the thoughts of someone at a theoretically high level (77) but only a medium developed city who learnt some lessons rushing more than he needed to.

Everyone has different wants and needs to the next player. That's the beauty of this game - so much diversity. By all means, do it your way but listen to the veterans (not me!). They know what they're talking about. Most of all, enjoy what you are doing. (y)

Top Bottom