Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The desperate rush to level up

Some thoughts of mine while learning to play this game. Planetariums, planetariums, planetariums... oh the rush of experience points and charging up the levels. How great did it feel! I've been playing for about 12 months and I'm currently sitting at level 77 so it's easy for me (you might say) to sit back and advise newer players to reconsider your rush. Sure, I've done reasonably well. I listened to a lot of good mentors in here. I took on as much advice as I could, but we always want to do it our way. And I did too.

First of all, consider what you will gain by levelling up... more places to visit? More things to buy? More buildings to build? Reality check - In the very short term, you get a box of passengers in your warehouse, a barrel of fuel and a full tank refill (don't you hate it when you didn't see the level up coming and your tank was still almost full :banghead:). And then the desire to do it all again :ROFLMAO:. I would say to most players that the rush is short lived. You can't afford the new aircraft, you don't have the resources for the new destinations and often the frustration is even worse because you now have a higher percentage of guest planes that you can't land because you can't afford the runway they need! Very, very frustrating. I bought bigger planes and found out quickly I was out of my depth. On several instances, I bit the bullet and sold those airplanes off simply because I wasn't ready for them. Even now I've only just moved on to jumbos, having done almost everything i can with the predecessor aircraft types. I.e., all the stars, adventure maps, space maps, side quests etc. Patience, Robby said, patience. No time for that, I thought!!

One thing I did learn along the way, was to get whatever resources I could stockpiled early. I built 6 flight catering facilities as fast as I could, before I needed them. I've almost never had to ask for FC as a gift. Then laundries, sweets factories and furniture factories. I'm only just needing blankets now and I have 1100 in my warehouse. Lollipops, beds and sleeping pills? 1000, 800 and 100 and growing and I'm not close to needing them yet. Ultimately it means that when I do start to use them, I can ask for other flight items that I can't get enough of myself and I won't have aircraft sitting idle because I don't have the flight items needed to fly them.

I'm no expert. My city is progressing well, but is a long way off the masters of the game, many of whom frequent these pages. Just providing the thoughts of someone at a theoretically high level (77) but only a medium developed city who learnt some lessons rushing more than he needed to.

Everyone has different wants and needs to the next player. That's the beauty of this game - so much diversity. By all means, do it your way but listen to the veterans (not me!). They know what they're talking about. Most of all, enjoy what you are doing. (y)

Oh, and priorities. Town halls, towers and terminals. Research better ways to increase your population than town Hall upgrades. Early levels are tough but beyond around level 5 or 6, there are better ways. Towers. Do you need another hanger and airplane? Do you have the resources to keep it flying? I'd always go for terminals first so at least you have the passengers to board the extra aircraft. Find the balance between the three.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Very well said, Bob. We have all been there.

For every question we have a Sky God will have posted the answer somewhere. Take time to read some of the old threads.
When looking at neighbours ignore the level number, they're cheap. Look at the stars, they tell the real story for the player.

I bit the bullet and sold those airplanes off simply because I wasn't ready for them.
I did the same a few months ago with this game, and seem to remember I did the same on my original game.

Patience, Robby said, patience.
Is even truer.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I built 6 flight catering facilities as fast as I could, before I needed them. I've almost never had to ask for FC as a gift. Then laundries, sweets factories and furniture factories.

Thanks! That's the kind of information I am looking for. I've also always felt that I level up too fast for the money I have but I live with it and even now at level 35, I still fly with one turboprop, 4 jets and only one delta to first get my stars and such before I invest in more. Patience really is the key to success in my view.

Do you have similar recommendations on buildings you need in the business side of the city? Like are there buildings you need to have since they drop items you need later?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
One addition from my newbie point of view:
I think the refineries are also important additions since you gain lots of fuel every morning and also when levelling up, so the 10 greens invested in the bigger one are well invested in my view and the 50.000 for the smaller one are surelly well spent. I wish I had spent the 10 greens right when the refinery became available.

Last edited:
None of my commercial buildings are required. I bought most early on to get coins to progress and haven't sold them or warehoused them. Many are quest buildings I like.
Stone castles drop rocket items.
Absolutely. After a certain point, coin production from buildings is almost not worth the land. I'm lucky I have an abundance of land and my little side hobby is having one of everything just for the hell of it. Makes interesting viewing for new players :). Just today I decided that I'm sick of having so many coin producing buildings in my warehouse, so I'm building them all and will sell them off for coins. Hardly worth it, but collecting dust otherwise :)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Is the hotel worth building? I've searched here and in the wiki but not really found something for or against it.
I mean the small one where you need four bracelets and such.

Thanks! That's the kind of information I am looking for. I've also always felt that I level up too fast for the money I have but I live with it and even now at level 35, I still fly with one turboprop, 4 jets and only one delta to first get my stars and such before I invest in more. Patience really is the key to success in my view.

Do you have similar recommendations on buildings you need in the business side of the city? Like are there buildings you need to have since they drop items you need later?
Phyllo, it's a difficult question to nail down an answer to. The dynamics of the game and the needs change as you move forward. Very early on, population and town halls are vital upgrades. Similarly, coin building production is as well. The key is not to get tunnel vision and build as you need/can. Don't get fixated on the one task. It's hard to remember when Town Hall upgrades became less important. My best guess is when you start doing adventure maps and increasing your population with the rewards gained from completing them. Certainly coin producing buildings become less relevant as you start space launches but with recent changes in the game regarding aspects to space launches (which would be far too long winded to describe here, but found in many other threads) the wind back point of building coin buildings has changed as well.

Airport city is a long term game.

I've been at it over 3 years ( which is still new compared to some)

The best bit of advice anyone can get is to join this forum, read the posts and ask questions. Don't compare your game to others - it's not a competition. You game is individual to you and we all have our own strategy- but we learn from each other to build those strategies.

One thing I would add to priorities - Adventure buildings , they drop daily items for all the collections and I have benefited greatly with them towards bonus's. I only realised when I joined the forum how necessary they are, since December I now have 20 I think and constantly flying to get more fuel and maps to do the rest.

Like bob I have just also redone my layout, I had dozens and dozens of buildings I stock from collections and quests so I've put them all out - I may as well earn some coins as the buildings cost me nothing directly but as I expand my passenger buildings then the coin producers will be sold - the big jets need lots and lots and lots of passengers ( and a few more)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
(don't you hate it when you didn't see the level up coming and your tank was still almost full :banghead:).

Yes, we all do. :)
I came up with this easy solution now to prevent that from happening:
I keep one completed set of items stored and do NOT cash it in. Thus, I have 1000 points sitting in my treasure chest that only wait for me to get close to levelling up again. Once I see that I can level up when I use those 1000 points, I bring in all the planes I can still with the fuel left, maybe even start a new flight and then cash in the 1000 points and level up.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Very good post @Bob69bob(y)(y) After almost a year of playing, I had to go back and start the Adventure Buildings. How I wish I would have done it when the fuel was easy to get!!

Top Bottom