Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Switch my game from Iphone to Ipad

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
hey just want to be sure when i switch my game from my iphone to my ipad or from my old iphone to my new iphone with the backup in itunes. do i loose the 100 item limit? so my account has right now the ability to have more then 100 items in the warehouse. when my iphone now crashes and i need a new one or i want to play my game on my ipad i can switch them but do i loose the ability to have more than 100 items in my warehouse? would be good to know for the future :)

thanks in advance for your answers!

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
What do you mean when you say "nothing else changes"? I thought that whenever they restore an acct, they always impose the limit. Are you certain of otherwise? Man that would be awesome news :D

Slanghanger is proposing to use an itunes back up to move the game to his new iphone.
Since he is using a backed up version that is not on GI server and is going to a similiar iphone device. It is not considered a new or restored account, in fact GI may not know the game has been transfered to a different device.
If he moves it to a different device from iphone to ipad or the opposite, it may not restore properly then he has to contact GI for help, then they may impose the limit.

Since you are on android device. As long as the android device is rooted and you use a program like the paid version of 3c system tuner pro app to back up your game, you can transfer it to a different android device which has the same rooting and app with no problems.

I have transfer my airport city game from an Samsung galaxy s5 to Samsung galaxy s7 with no problems using this method.
I discontinued the game on my phone because I need to have a phone that can last most of the day. The game does use a lot of battery when it is active.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Slanghanger is proposing to use an itunes back up to move the game to his new iphone.
Since he is using a backed up version that is not on GI server and is going to a similiar iphone device. It is not considered a new or restored account, in fact GI may not know the game has been transfered to a different device.
If he moves it to a different device from iphone to ipad or the opposite, it may not restore properly then he has to contact GI for help, then they may impose the limit.

Since you are on android device. As long as the android device is rooted and you use a program like the paid version of 3c system tuner pro app to back up your game, you can transfer it to a different android device which has the same rooting and app with no problems.

I have transfer my airport city game from an Samsung galaxy s5 to Samsung galaxy s7 with no problems using this method.
I discontinued the game on my phone because I need to have a phone that can last most of the day. The game does use a lot of battery when it is active.
Indeed it does. Thanks for the clarification. I don't believe my phone is rooted, so I dont think I have that option.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger

at one hand its great to know that i can backup my game to another iphone when my iphone would crash.. but at the other hand its bad to hear that i cannot backup my iphone game to my ipad.. as we all know the airport city is rising with all those new helicopter things.. and my iphone screen is just to small for that big city now.. so i planned or wanted to switch my game to my ipad.. i think this is a bad plan otherwise i will get in trouble :)

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
at one hand its great to know that i can backup my game to another iphone when my iphone would crash.. but at the other hand its bad to hear that i cannot backup my iphone game to my ipad.. as we all know the airport city is rising with all those new helicopter things.. and my iphone screen is just to small for that big city now.. so i planned or wanted to switch my game to my ipad.. i think this is a bad plan otherwise i will get in trouble :)

I did not say you cannot back up to an ipad, what i said if the back up does not restore properly.
It could cause issues that you need help with. On the hand it may work without any problems. The risk is yours to decide and take.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
hey just want to be sure when i switch my game from my iphone to my ipad or from my old iphone to my new iphone with the backup in itunes. do i loose the 100 item limit? so my account has right now the ability to have more then 100 items in the warehouse. when my iphone now crashes and i need a new one or i want to play my game on my ipad i can switch them but do i loose the ability to have more than 100 items in my warehouse? would be good to know for the future :)

thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi I really hope you get this sorted soon, it's so frustrating and just needing some answers before taking a big step really helps. I know it's a different issue and platform but when my widows game crashed last week from Level 69 to 34 I actually cried lol...Gi were great and got me back up and running under a week and I kept the no limit (which like you is such a bonus - Ivan don't read that bit lol ;))

Again I don't know if this helps but I transferred another game between my IOS phones and all was fine I could use the game on both.

Good luck and hope all goes well with it:nailbiting::)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
the first time you load up on ipad, or 2nd perhaps, you may get a request to load a different game, i was getting this when i abandon a level 10 game on my phone and started on my ipad
so glad i read it properly, as i had the request several times
I remember that. I wonder if this is due to the game having the same google/apple/windows acct? If it is, then you may be able to transfer your game from one device to another, but only have one operational.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
Hi I really hope you get this sorted soon, it's so frustrating and just needing some answers before taking a big step really helps. I know it's a different issue and platform but when my widows game crashed last week from Level 69 to 34 I actually cried lol...Gi were great and got me back up and running under a week and I kept the no limit (which like you is such a bonus - Ivan don't read that bit lol ;))

Again I don't know if this helps but I transferred another game between my IOS phones and all was fine I could use the game on both.

thank you fingers crossed for that :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Wait...they restored your file and you still had limitless items? Interesting

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
i dont have a support account with limitless items but otherwise i would try and test it before :)
Was referring to @LjGibbs comment Slang. It looks like he had his acct restored and it still had limitless items. However, I now have an idea based on @AshPort 's feedback. If my idea works, then you may be able to create a backup in case your file is lost. I will try it when I get some time.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Wait...they restored your file and you still had limitless items? Interesting

Yeah thankfully I couldn't believe it either :cautious:...on another note Apple will be making a fortune from AC as I purposely bought a iPad for my support account incase laptop ever fails me and like you I really struggled to keep up on my phone we're probably not the only ones :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yeah thankfully I couldn't believe it either :cautious:...on another note Apple will be making a fortune from AC as I purposely bought a iPad for my support account incase laptop ever fails me and like you I really struggled to keep up on my phone we're probably not the only ones :)
No I actually have an android, and yes it drains my battery considerably throughout the day. That's why my computer charges it for me as I work. However, I would like to backup my game without relying on GI, because I've invested hundreds of dollars into this game, and if I get stuck with this 100 item limit, I'm done with the game. I don't want that to happen, so finding a reliable backup is top priority for me right now

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
No I actually have an android, and yes it drains my battery considerably throughout the day. That's why my computer charges it for me as I work. However, I would like to backup my game without relying on GI, because I've invested hundreds of dollars into this game, and if I get stuck with this 100 item limit, I'm done with the game. I don't want that to happen, so finding a reliable backup is top priority for me right now

Okaaaay then :whistle:...my mistake thought I was replying to @slanghanger - was just in jest anyway (re Apple) I'm no good with tech but great at a little encouragement (y)

Top Bottom