Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Strategy for intermediate players

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I'm soliticing opinions on what I should be focusing on as I approach level 50.

I've been focusing on getting stars but at this point I already have enough stars to fly up to level 75 missions.

Some people here on the forums suggest building catering facilities and laundries early on, to stockpile flight items for later. How does that compare in priority with expanding town hall, terminal, and control tower? At this point I am limited in coins, so I can either build catering/laundry, or expand terminal, or save for the level 6 runway...but not all simultaneously.

I've built my red launch pad but have not yet done any lunar missions. Is it better to do one per day even if it takes 24 hours, or to leave my pad free and hope a QL gets announced on the forums?

Well the control tower is always a worth while upgrade of course depending on level it may cost quite a bit.
The terminal is also a good option unless you find that the passengers you can have is not being pushed.
If it is then an upgrade is always good to help with that, the same issue is in play as with the tower at higher
levels they get expensive.

Flight catering should definitely be built up if you have greenies and want to save
space upgrading a level or two works well to maximize the number received. It is always good to get buildings
that produce flight items well in advance. Once you get to laundries then furniture factories/pharma lab you will
need literally 1000's of those items. If you wait until you need them your planes will either be flying for those items
or to destinations you may not want or need to visit. The level 6 runway is not really needed until your planes need
it but you will have to turn away many guest planes assuming you land them often.

As far as red launches you should get in them as often as you can. You can gain good income from them and yes
QLs are nice but don't forgo them waiting for a QL. Visit the planetariums often to gain the items needed for red launch
prep so you are ready at all times to get the launches out just in case multiple launches with QL do become available.
Work on the maps from green launches finish the five collections that make up the Theory of Everything collection
and you can gain your own QLs which can attract others with QLs as well. It takes some planning but soon enough you
will have multiple QLs Kind of make a plan and move forward step by step but if it suits you don't hesitate to take a new
course if it seems helpful for your strategy.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
As far as red launches you should get in them as often as you can. You can gain good income from them and yes
QLs are nice but don't forgo them waiting for a QL. Visit the planetariums often to gain the items needed for red launch
prep so you are ready at all times to get the launches out just in case multiple launches with QL do become available.
Work on the maps from green launches finish the five collections that make up the Theory of Everything collection
and you can gain your own QLs which can attract others with QLs as well. It takes some planning but soon enough you
will have multiple QLs Kind of make a plan and move forward step by step but if it suits you don't hesitate to take a new
course if it seems helpful for your strategy.

Sounds like it makes sense to first build the green launch and the red launch later. So far, I thought I should go for red first to save on space since that was recommended at various places. How do you think about that?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I built all 3 but honestly I could have just gone straight to red. By the time I saw that advice in the forum it was too late for me. I only did a handful of green or blue launches ever. The rewards aren't that great, and a green launch will tie up your mission control for 24 hours+.

It is better to get the red if you want to gain more income from the launches. Of course
the cost for the level 3 mission control plus red pad is expensive so it is really a choice you have
to make. If you can wait it out it will pay off to get the red first and make the other 2 very easy
to obtain in the future. If the cost seems out of sight go ahead and get the lower level pads.
All of them have good things that can be gained so again you just have to decide what seems best for your
style of play.

I'm sure others will chime in on both these posts so take into account all opinions and make the choice
that seems right for you. It is always easy for a higher level player to say just do this but not all choices
and directions work the same for every player.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Don't ignore the blue or green launches altogether.

they complete some collections, it they drop items that complete collections for red space launches.

These collections award large amount of coins and level points.

In one collection you complete from blue launches water world collection. It awards golden chest which contain both gold and silver tokens which could be used for plane upgrades in the future.

Some of the advise given was developed when the game levels were at 50 or lower where it was much easier to complete collection as future upgrades were no known and GI had made it easier to collection adventure buildings.

Noe GI has made it difficult to collect adventure building because the random equation they use has gotten bigger and it takes longer for that last needed item to drop.

But the best advise anyone can give you is to have listen decide what is important to you, have patience and proceed at a level you are comfortable with.

There is no need to hurry because other people cities are more developed then yours or they have a large amount of greens or coins. That will come with time.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
And no one mentioned launch item dropping buildings for green and blue (rewards for collection gathered by flying there). For blue it's not so hard to get them.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'm not saying I would drop green and blue alltogether. The question was more which to get first - red as several suggested in various threads - or green and blue to start with and then go for red using whatever may drop from green and blue and help with red launches.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
If you are short on space and only can build 1 pad I would go for Red first as its alot easier to get resources for Red and they will help you get money for other things faster.

Then green and blue will be cheap to add once you have the space.

If you have plenty of space though you might as well get all 3 as the first 2 are really cheap to build.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
but many mentioned skipping blue totally. Due to planetarium "bug" red was easiest for preps - now this will change so yes red would be good for getting some extra coins but do not neglect green and blue (blue at least until 6 buildings are done and QL reward for 100th launch

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
My city is always crammed since I only buy land when I need it and otherwise focus on the buildings/upgrades I find most useful currently. So I'll probably stick to red first and the green and blue afterwards.

I'm soliticing opinions on what I should be focusing on as I approach level 50.

I've been focusing on getting stars but at this point I already have enough stars to fly up to level 75 missions.

Some people here on the forums suggest building catering facilities and laundries early on, to stockpile flight items for later. How does that compare in priority with expanding town hall, terminal, and control tower? At this point I am limited in coins, so I can either build catering/laundry, or expand terminal, or save for the level 6 runway...but not all simultaneously.

I've built my red launch pad but have not yet done any lunar missions. Is it better to do one per day even if it takes 24 hours, or to leave my pad free and hope a QL gets announced on the forums?

In my opinion you only need one of those facilities to start saving up. By the time you get to needing blankets or lollipops you have an ice cache of them.

I personally would fly reds even if it's once per day. You'll find flying too often means you have very little rocket fuel so for newer flyers I think once a day works well. If you do get in on flights with QLs like you have today then great, but even the extra 5,000-10,000 coins a day really adds up

As for my city I've upgraded the towers first to get more planes. A grand hotel can buy you time on upgrading your town hall and you can wait on the terminal if you're not flying a ton of maps. I've found things like refineries and more catering facilities have been needed given I'm flying jumbos and deltas, so I'll be just getting to upgrading some of those buildings as I'm close to needing those upgrades

1) Build 6 Catering first as you will need them for Delta, Powerful Delta, Jumbo flights.

Build Laundry, Sweet factory, Furniture factory, Pharma Lab as soon as it is available

2) Always upgrade Control Tower asap
Terminal only if needed
Delay upgrading Town Hall as long as you can

3) Level 6 runway can wait

4) The game leads you to build green then blue then red launch pad.
But it is really more worthwhile to proceed directly to Red and take part in QL launches (QL launches are almost exclusively Red).

Regarding the big 3 (tower, terminal and town hall) the priority changes as the game moves on. Very, very early stages (up to Lvl20?) the TH is probably very important, but that shifts rapidly from then on. It's a balancing act. Note that the advise given is sometimes broad and varying. That because all games are different. Some people charge up through the levels tapping planetariums, but their cities develop slowly. Others will take a more leisurely pace focusing on building their masterpiece in a more comfortable pace. There are pros and cons to both styles.

Towers get you a new hanger and a new plane. If you can't get enough population or passengers, what's the point? Somewhere above Lvl 20, the town Hall quickly loses importance as building population in other ways becomes a lot easier than gathering the items and coins required for the upgrade. For the longer journey up to the levels above ~60 (?? can't remember to be honest) the towers and terminals are well balanced and you'll know which is more important to you. I'm at level 77 and found that because my terminals started to have a higher value (just) than the towers because too many planes with no passengers to fly is frustrating.

As you start to pick up population boosting buildings or buy a Grand Hotel, the importance of Town Hall upgrades almost vanishes overnight. I have built almost every building I can and upgraded almost every building to the max (one more upgrade to tower left and just 2 pharma labs) but my Town Hall has been sitting at level 8 for months. It'll stay there until I literally have coins to burn.

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
BTW, flight catering facilities can produce additional item by watching video ads on platforms where they are available. This adds 5 more items per day. Higher level buildings do not provide this opportunity (at least it's true for laundries and sweet factories).

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Based on ideas here I have decided to focus more on building, especially Control Tower, Terminal (until it stops being a pain point), Flight Catering and Laundry. To that end I am worrying less about trading for flight items that I need to get more stars, and paying more attention to collecting building items.

I did not know about Grand Hotel. Now I am saving up silver tokens from launches to get one. Then I won't have to worry about Town Hall for a while. That is perhaps my favorite tip from this entire thread!

I guess once I hit level 51 (very soon!) I will just have to resign myself to refusing a lot of guest planes, since level 6 runway is so expensive. At this point I haven't even bought my own Jumbos and Giants, so I don't even need the level 5 for my own planes.

Top Bottom