Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Speeding up flights - Tiered use of fuel

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
So i've just sent a plane to Antarctica which takes 8 hours 40 minutes before it returns. I can speed up the flight, but it will cost 84 units of fuel, regardless of whether there is 8 hours or 1 hour left before the flight returns.

Could a possible option be that if there is, let's say, less than half the amount of flying time left before the plane lands, the speed up flight option uses a reduced amount of fuel.

I regularly find myself in the "frustrating" position where I have about 30 minutes before a plane lands and it's my bedtime. I'm usually loathe to speed up the flight for the sake of 30 minutes.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
So i've just sent a plane to Antarctica which takes 8 hours 40 minutes before it returns. I can speed up the flight, but it will cost 84 units of fuel, regardless of whether there is 8 hours or 1 hour left before the flight returns.

Could a possible option be that if there is, let's say, less than half the amount of flying time left before the plane lands, the speed up flight option uses a reduced amount of fuel.

I regularly find myself in the "frustrating" position where I have about 30 minutes before a plane lands and it's my bedtime. I'm usually loathe to speed up the flight for the sake of 30 minutes.

I wondered about that myself already and think as well that it's odd to request the same amount to save 8:40 h when you use it immediately or 31 seconds because at 30 seconds, it jumps from 84 fuel to zero.

However, I assume that you know your bed time and that it might help to fly to a destination that only takes 8 hours when you start the flight 8:10h before your bed time. ;)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
I wondered about that myself already and think as well that it's odd to request the same amount to save 8:40 h when you use it immediately or 31 seconds because at 30 seconds, it jumps from 84 fuel to zero.

However, I assume that you know your bed time and that it might help to fly to a destination that only takes 8 hours when you start the flight 8:10h before your bed time. ;)

LOL - I try, but I can't always plan the landing of all my planes around my bedtime. I always try to have a gap of around 30 minutes between each flight landing, so there's usually a couple of planes which don't work around the schedule.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
You know there are one or 2 periods of flight time you can speed up a plane by using the fuel catalyst ?? This will knock an hour or 2 off the flight time. Click on your plane picture at the bottom then against each flight there will be one of two double arrows, if you click on those at a certain point in the flight you can use a fuel catalyst to bump the flight time a bit. It's not instant but will reduce the time you have to wait

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
You know there are one or 2 periods of flight time you can speed up a plane by using the fuel catalyst ?? This will knock an hour or 2 off the flight time. Click on your plane picture at the bottom then against each flight there will be one of two double arrows, if you click on those at a certain point in the flight you can use a fuel catalyst to bump the flight time a bit. It's not instant but will reduce the time you have to wait

Your blue Radar will also start flashing Speed Up whenever one of the airplanes are in the bubble.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Also It should be noted that you can see the exact time you need to use it by clicking on the two arrow buttons after you begin your flight.

I see there something like "30M 14S". So far, I thought that would be the time by which the flight would be shortened but now I kept it running a bit and saw that it actually is a countdown to see when to use that option. I haven't used it so far since I thought it would make more sense on real long flights later and so I currently just store the catalysts for later use.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Also It should be noted that you can see the exact time you need to use it by clicking on the two arrow buttons after you begin your flight.

I see there something like "30M 14S". So far, I thought that would be the time by which the flight would be shortened but now I kept it running a bit and saw that it actually is a countdown to see when to use that option. I haven't used it so far since I thought it would make more sense on real long flights later and so I currently just store the catalysts for later use.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a double post problem. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
Another Fuel Catalyst tip I just learned, if you really want to speed up flights but don't have any FC it will give you the option to buy it for 1 green or watch a video. Over in the store you can buy a Catalyst pack with 50 for 10 greenies. A little bit of savings. ;)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Another Fuel Catalyst tip I just learned, if you really want to speed up flights but don't have any FC it will give you the option to buy it for 1 green or watch a video. Over in the store you can buy a Catalyst pack with 50 for 10 greenies. A little bit of savings. ;)

Still waiting for videos to save on things on windows but thanks for the tip.

Dzighnman

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20efbet8
Username
A1 Dzighnman
Anyone else notice that when paying to speed up a flight, say... for 28 units of fuel, the actual number of fuel subtracted from the balance is greater? I see this happening on all flights and with no real correlation between advertised amount required and the value subtracted.....

Anyone else notice that when paying to speed up a flight, say... for 28 units of fuel, the actual number of fuel subtracted from the balance is greater? I see this happening on all flights and with no real correlation between advertised amount required and the value subtracted.....
Yes there is a bug on the system sometimes you even get differend amount off fuel needed to speed up planes going to a same destination.
The only way is to always check the fuel required to speed up and if noticing irrigularity's close the game and start again it will be gone

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Quantity of fuel needed to speed up is always double the amount you need to take off. In my experience game take you correct amount regardless of what is written.

s0.jpg
s1.jpg
s3.jpg

Top Bottom