Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space race has started!

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
Personally i really don't like this event. I find it grossly unfair. Usually the only folks who have a QL are the high level players. IMO the only time they would use it would to get the ten missions in then switch back to shuttle launches. The Apogee missions to me have little value to a high level player. I made the mistake of trying to get a launch and forgetting about the 24 hour timer for Apogee missions. I usually only do shuttle and the last time I did an Apogee was a couple of years ago.
So if there are no or extremely few QLs to be had after the first day even if you have hundreds of neighbors, then completing the event is about impossible. That is unless you drop 30$ for a QL. NFW am I'm going to drop $30 just for an event.
I've been waiting for many hours for a player with a QL running so I can do a launch. Nada, not one yet I've seen many people trying to get a launch going. So, no way for me to complete it without paying so I'm skipping it.

True that the event makes low-mid level players without QL totally dependent on players who do. Unlike all the other events I've done, this is not something we can achieve alone without paying real money.

But it would still be manageable if we have the right friends on forum ;) I've not only completed the event but also got my first QL for 100 apogees. Hopped on to the launches of @crescent moon and a few other experienced & helpful players!

True that the event makes low-mid level players without QL totally dependent on players who do. Unlike all the other events I've done, this is not something we can achieve alone without paying real money.

But it would still be manageable if we have the right friends on forum ;) I've not only completed the event but also got my first QL for 100 apogees. Hopped on to the launches of @crescent moon and a few other experienced & helpful players!
Congrats on your first QL!!!! :)

What is the QL launches?

I have problem to get the lab notebook item to initiate a space flight

As others have said - visit Training Centers, Cosmic Fuel Stations, and (if you still have visits) the neighbor's green launch pad. I have a Training Center and 4 Cosmic Fuel Stations you can visit since we're already neighbors

I didn't check how many lab notebooks i received visiting neighbors today, but my "shortage" is in Field Rations. I got 4 of those alone today just visiting Cosmic Fuel Stations.

This event is extremely doable even if you have very few items to start from. It just takes a little planning and leveraging your neighbors

Congrats - even guys playing this game for 2.5 years, like I have been, rely on our neighbors. I'm on in the Platinum Division because of being able to piggyback on launches from other forum members who were launching non-stop yesterday, sometimes with as many as 8 or 9 QLs in the launch (after 4 doesn't give any value, but it's fun to see that many in there)

Yesterday I decided to see if i could get a few launches in. Over 400 neighbors and checking about once an hour when I've been awake and not. One. QL.

As I said. Not fair.

Moving on....

Did you look in the launch thread? There were Launches going on all day. I specifically launched about 8-10 over a 2-3 hour span because a couple other people with QLs were kind enough to join. I even had 4-5 people reach out to me about becoming neighbors so they could join

If you have 400 forum neighbors (assuming they aren’t some type of ring neighbors) then I’d pretty much guarantee they were running. If you’re relying on non forum neighbors to find them...well good luck because from what some newer members have indicated here there’s not a lot of awareness around what a QL is

Did you look in the launch thread? There were Launches going on all day. I specifically launched about 8-10 over a 2-3 hour span because a couple other people with QLs were kind enough to join. I even had 4-5 people reach out to me about becoming neighbors so they could join

If you have 400 forum neighbors (assuming they aren’t some type of ring neighbors) then I’d pretty much guarantee they were running. If you’re relying on non forum neighbors to find them...well good luck because from what some newer members have indicated here there’s not a lot of awareness around what a QL is

Those were some good launches last night. Thanks for joining!

It’s pretty simple...if you can find your existing neighbors doing launches, then check the launch thread and ask others if you can join.

https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/space-launches.29/

Top Bottom