Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space Launches & PM's

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
I second the super launch team!!!! @Dave, I think its going to be a good system once we get used to it... The hijacking or trapping thing, I agree with most of u, we have a respect for one another which makes the game fun:) I really like @Robbys approach to launching freestyle, sometimes it gets really fast.... it would be cool to discuss how many points people put in so we can make the most of our fuel... just a couple of ideas... thanks to all that have let me launch with them and I am looking forward to more great launch parties:) cheers:)

Thanks for your comments everyone. Really appreciate the feedback. Just to emphasize, people will still be able to take part in open launches like they do at the moment with the current format. The new layout will however allow people to create their own forums which they will have full control over, such as whether they want people to apply to join to view information.

I like to think of it as the best of both worlds. Same as now but with extra features for those that want private groups.

If I go ahead with this, it wont be implemented until at least Wednesday as thats when i'm off work next. But before then I will try and post up some screen shots so it hopefully makes more sense!

Heres a little look at how the new Launch Team section would work. Any comments appreciated!

New section called "Launch Teams" on the forum homepage.
1.png

Once inside, you can create your own mini forum by clicking "Create Your Launch Team"
2.png

Give your mini forum a name and also a description. Notice the permissions at the bottom? As I want my Launch team free so anyone can join, post messages and view threads I have selected "Anyone can join".
3.png

It's as easy as that! I now have my own mini forum where I can post my launches. Anyone is free to join in!
4.png

The other option is to have it set so only members that have applied to join and been accepted can take part. Until they have been accepted, they cannot view posts, make posts or do anything else! Notice how I have selected "Moderate" and "Request to join"
5.png

For a member to join, they simply clickt he "Join This Launch Team" button
6.png

The person who created that forum will then get a notification saying that someone wishes to join
7.png

If you want to add them, simply visit your forum and tick the "Member" box

8.png

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
Dave, one of the issues with the normal threads is the sometimes large amount of postings/messages. Is that a thing of the past with this new set up ?

That is very innovative @Dave .
The forum upgrade sure opens up a lot of new enhancements.

I like to make some suggestions to improve it.
  • How about if the moderator of the mini forum can have status of the launch inside the Launch Teams thread.
Like "Blue launch in progress" or "Red QL is commencing".
So others can easily recognized the situation.
Of course they too have to close the situation. Like "No launch" or "Waiting for lander".​
  • How about there are separate thread for Open Group Launch and Closed Group Launch ?
  • Or maybe multiple moderators ?

Hi @Juvenal

When a member creates a new mini Launch Team forum - that member then becomes the admin for that group. The can decide who can join (if its a closed group) and can open/close threads. The admin if they wish, can appoint mini moderators for the group. The mini moderators are also able to accept/deny members that wish to join that group.

I would set it so each member would be allowed to create two mini forums. One open and one closed.

@Dave, just saw this thread and wanted to add my two cents here. I have read through and I am with @flip123 and @Az1 of what they said earlier.

1. I don't think hijack happens that often, I would say it is not often at all, especially for forum members. The forum members hijacked launch usually because they made a mistake or they are new and don't know how it works.

2. People use PM's for launching is more because it is more convenient to get direct communication and commitment, and to make sure they have enough people and right people to help each other, and to make sure their launches are successful. And I would say it is more for people just reached levels that they can launch. We did many PM launches at the beginning, at least a year or two ago when spaceship launch just started for this game too. Then we had the general Green, Blue, Red launch threads, so people stopped doing PM's and started using the general threads, so it can be viewed by all forum members. I like the general thread because you can see all forum members who are launching.

3. People also create separate threads for QL launches, which have been very successful. The QL parties use separate threads because most of them have a certain time window and they pre-arrange the positions.

4. The new mini forum idea is good, but it is kind complicated, and it does not give the visibility to all forum members like putting your launch into the general thread. It doesn't seem to really advertise to more people, instead it is just another form of the PM launch.

Thanks for the feedback @Long , All appreciated.

One of the main reasons I havent implemented this idea yet is because I want to see what the general feedback is like, so all comments appreciated.

Of course one option is to go ahead with it as sort of a beta trial and see how it works out. If its not successful or people find it too complicated we can always revert back to the current method.

Thanks for the feedback @Long , All appreciated.

One of the main reasons I havent implemented this idea yet is because I want to see what the general feedback is like, so all comments appreciated.

Of course one option is to go ahead with it as sort of a beta trial and see how it works out. If its not successful or people find it too complicated we can always revert back to the current method.

Thanks @Dave! You can definitely try the new mini forum idea out and see the responses you get. I just didn't think it is needed IF you have to spend a lot of effort to make it happen.

The other point I forgot to add is that like many already said, we don't do a lot of launches nowadays. "We" means the long time forum members and the higher game level members. These people all got what they wanted from all 3 level launches, whether their goal is the stars, the award buildings, the tokens, etc. Of course there are always new members and lower game level players who are about ready to do some launches, and there are people like me with a second game that might still want to do some launches, and I would use the general thread :).

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Hmm, seems like mixed feelings, which I totally understand. The system is already developed on my test site, so would just need transferring over. I'm currently thinking along the lines of running a beta and seeing how people find it. I think it will either be hit or miss, and if it's a miss it would be easy enough to revert back to the current system.

I just think the new system is a great way to get people involved and returning back to the site,as they would have their very own piece of the forum.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
Dave, you started this by saying that you wanted to reduce the amount of messages being send back and forth due to stress on the system. If that is the reason, than this seems a good solution. My guess is that the vast majority of the launch groups will be open, but a few may be closed. No problem for me.

Cheers
Erik

Top Bottom