1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Space launch etiquette on launch?

Discussion in 'Space Launch Questions' started by Therkyn, 4 January 2018.

1. Therkyn

Therkyn Member

iPhone
    03f21qwp
    Therkyn
    So I’m new at space. It’s unclear if once the launch is ready whether anyone should launch or just the person running the launch?

Would I be helping by pushing the launch button or overstepping the role of position 2 on a launch?

Thanks, -t

2. If all points are in, then anyone can launch. The launch timer starts when the first person launches, doesn't matter what their place in the launch is. Wouldn't be too cool if everyone had to wait for the person who started the launch, and he/she has already gone to bed. :p:p:p

3. Teboho

Teboho 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, Windows PC
    04fb0i9z
    Tair *item I require*
    Launches posted on the launch forum are free to join but note the following:

1. The intentions of the initiator
    a) If the initiator puts in 576 points he/she is claiming first (captain) spot
    b) If the initiator puts in >576 points and states he/she wants 1st spot
    c) If the initiator
    states all spots open then this is a dog eats dog and the unwritten rule here is whoever puts 576 first claims first spot but don't rest on your laurels keep a watchful eye.

2. The nature of the launch (QL)
    a) If there is a QL and the launcher holds a QL thou shalt not pass that person
    b) If there is a QL thou shalt not launch only the initiator holds that exclusive right unless otherwise stated
    c) If there is a QL (and more especially if there are 2 QLs) always wait for the third QL, if not the initiator holds the solemn right to launch or he/she may cede that right to anyone by statement

But then every launch is unique and every launcher has their own set of rules (for example, check @Navigata07 signature) so make sure you communicate with the launcher if you would like to captain most people here are generous to give you a shot at captainship.

Swall5432, Therkyn and Navigata07 like this.
  4. Teboho

Android, Windows PC
    04fb0i9z
    Tair *item I require*
    Also to get the feel and idea of the ettiquete check the launch forum AND participate in the launches.

5. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Appreciate the mention. I do my best to make it very clear what I expect for my launches. (y):D

Swall5432 and Teboho like this.
  6. I'm sorry - I understood the questions to be "if all points are in" who should push the launch button? In that case, it really doesn't matter, as there are no more points to be added, no room for other QLs, and no passing anyone. If the question is "who adds the last points and launches", then definitely @Teboho makes a very good summary of basic launch etiquette.

CarlosFromNYC, Swall5432 and Teboho like this.
  7. Therkyn

Therkyn Member

iPhone
    03f21qwp
    Therkyn
    I am so glad I asked the question! It was the first one, push now that all points are in on a non-QL, but I would have come up against that problem I'm sure on a QL. I botched my first flight big time (the litany of mistakes I made is pretty epic... again, apologies go out to JayJay) and the issue didnt come up the second.

Again, thanks for the great answers - Flight away!

JayBee and Teboho like this.
  8. Teboho

Android, Windows PC
    04fb0i9z
    Tair *item I require*
    I'm glad we have been of assistance @Therkyn

9. i did not know this

10. Done. I can understand your rules. Add me

11. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    We're already neighbors. Thanks for helping on yesterday's launch (y)

12. Arggers

Arggers VIP Flyer 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, Windows PC
    272ehvl7
    Arggers
    I've just added to my first launch, took 2nd place, and had exactly the same question (had 42 mins to expiry!)

Thanks to this thread, I just pushed the button...

13. ppls1000

ppls1000 Member

Android
    0468eisx
    ppls1000
    I just put in 950 points on a launch that was only me. I drove home from where I was and some dick bag did 1100 and took first from me. Im so pissed.

14. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Let that be a lesson to you. Always put in 1/2 the required points plus 180 so that you can't get hijacked. In your case, you needed to put in 1180 for a blue launch. If youre going to leave your launch, put in enough points to lock in 1st place.

15. ppls1000

ppls1000 Member

Android
    0468eisx
    ppls1000
    @Navigata07 I was working in it. I can't do it all at once. He slammed me in the 10 min it took me to drive home. I was going to break 1000 when I got home.

16. happens to all of us, find a group who can help you before you start and give yourself the time to get those points up too

request
    i should be doing green QLs tomorrow, if you are a neighbour then you can take a few 1st places too
    if i can get 2xql then multiple in a 4 hours time period

17. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    First of all, make sure you remove him as a neighbor. Matter of fact, remove all your non forum neighbors. To be honest, if you want to lock in 1st, you have to baby it like a newborn until you reach the goal. Keep an eye on the launch screen at all times, so that you see who is joining your launch and see how aggressive they are. After that, walk away and just let it sit. Also, I would consider coming up with your launch rules and putting it in your signature, so that launch participants have no excuse.

18. ppls1000

ppls1000 Member

Android
    0468eisx
    ppls1000
  19. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Please read my signature....especially my desired items and launch rules. I only gift those who gift me the items I seek (unless we have a special arrangement), and I'm strict with my launches

20. Kevin1010

Kevin1010 150+ Star Club Active Member

iPhone
    03m4zpz4
    Kevin1010
    Sometimes its hard to see who is from the forum. I see a lot of usernames Which i havent seen earlier on launches.

It happens a lot people put in a lot of points and launch got full