Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Scrolling faster using a character

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'd like an option to enter a character to scroll faster in all scrollbars in the game. E.g. to enter a 'v' in the items list to see how many video walls I have or to enter a 'v' in my neighbours list to get to Vivke. That would speed up things a lot, especially since the symbols are very (to not say ridiculously) large in windows since they were designed for much smaller devices than 22 inch screens.

You can find stored items in your warehouse by typing partial words in (note that it lists every item wherever the letter combination is in the word. Every now and then, usually with event items, this can be buggy).

IMG_2558.JPG

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Thanks, I didn't see that but I'll try to use it now.
It's only part of what I would like to use though. A general "Enter letter v and get to the first item / name starting with v" would be more helpful in my view. You could still type in this field anything you wish and use it the way it's designed in addition to that. But typing outside of this field should get you there faster usually.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Thanks, I didn't see that but I'll try to use it now.
It's only part of what I would like to use though. A general "Enter letter v and get to the first item / name starting with v" would be more helpful in my view. You could still type in this field anything you wish and use it the way it's designed in addition to that. But typing outside of this field should get you there faster usually.
That option exist for your neighbor list also

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Since I play on a Windows computer, it would work for me and maybe they'd find a way to make it work on a mobile device as well.
It's a mobile-oriented game that was merely made available on Windows along other platforms. It could never work on a mobile device since they rarely have keyboards, that includes Windows-based mobile devices.

It would be a full-time effort for a feature available only to a fraction of the users - no sane business manager would ever agree to that.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
It could never work on a mobile device since they rarely have keyboards, that includes Windows-based mobile devices.

As far as I know, any mobile device has at least a virtual keyboard so all it would take would be an option to use the virtual keyboard inside the game.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
As far as I know, any mobile device has at least a virtual keyboard so all it would take would be an option to use the virtual keyboard inside the game.
So? Just because it's somewhere, doesn't mean it can be used for the purpose you've described.

You need something to trigger the keyboard popping up, and that's a textbox. Then the typed characters go to this textbox instead of scrolling into view items in the listbox (neighbors).

The functionality you're describing relies on the keyboard being always present and the concept of focus so the listbox can receive that keystrokes. Desktop Windows is centered around the keyboard focus concept, because you can actually use Windows without a mouse at all, it was an optional accessory to the first Windows, and even today the "can do everything without touching mouse" mindset is still here. Mobile devices, on top of not having always present keyboard, most of the controls are not written with keyboard focus in mind at all, so even if you connect a bluetooth keyboard, it's useless. PgUp/PgDn keys don't scroll listboxes, etc, you can see it all in AC where even on PC the keyboard is nearly useless (except of ESC button, which is mapped to "Back" button of mobile devices).
The entire system of interacting with keyboard is simply not there. All you have left is a textbox, where TAB doesn't move the focus to the next textbox and arrow keys don't move the caret.

This is mobile. There is no keyboard. There is only text entry field, which uses some method of text entry the app doesn't even know nor care around. It can be a on-screen keyboard, a handwriting recognition or "OK, Google" style speech recognition.

Look into the details, it doesn't even take a technical knowledge to notice that similarities are superficial, and except of typing nothing else works.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I code software for a living and so far I experienced that "where there is a will, there is a way." Anyone saying something could not be coded was proven wrong so far.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I code software for a living and so far I experienced that "where there is a will, there is a way." Anyone saying something could not be coded was proven wrong so far.
I highly doubt it you do it for a living. If you did, you'd know that business is business and one does not invest hard cash in developer-hours into features that are not likely to increase earnings.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I highly doubt it you do it for a living. If you did, you'd know that business is business and one does not invest hard cash in developer-hours into features that are not likely to increase earnings.

This is a thread for feature requests and as I understand it, anyone can say what he would like to see in the game. Whether or not such a feature is later implemented is not the user's business to decide. Someone can have a good idea and the managers can say "would be nice but it's too expensive" and we'll live with it but that does not mean a user should worry about implementation cost when asking for something. In my view in regards to this thread, these are two completely unrelated aspects of the same thing.
Whether or not a feature can be implemented and at what cost should not prevent anyone from suggesting something imho.

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
This is a thread for feature requests and as I understand it, anyone can say what he would like to see in the game. Whether or not such a feature is later implemented is not the user's business to decide. Someone can have a good idea and the managers can say "would be nice but it's too expensive" and we'll live with it but that does not mean a user should worry about implementation cost when asking for something. In my view in regards to this thread, these are two completely unrelated aspects of the same thing.
Whether or not a feature can be implemented and at what cost should not prevent anyone from suggesting something imho.
In my opinion, both potential cost and to how many users it would appeal should be considered, and it prevent people from suggesting. The more unrealistic requests appear here, the more likely the realistic ones will go unnoticed. I doubt that people from GI venture in this section often, and they almost never say anything.

Anyway, this is forum by players for players, and as you can post why it should be implemented, I voice my opinion why it should not : )

Top Bottom