Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Quitting App Store and Play Store

I just read that Netflix, Spotify and Fortnite just quited in-App Purchase from Play Store or App Store !
In this way, they no longer pay 30% fees to Google or Apple, and so, the price decreases !

Maybe Game Insight could propose to pay (coins, greenies, subscriptions, ...) at -30% by paying directly via their website ?
Hope Gi do it , make cheaper and let us spend better for greenies.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I just read that Netflix, Spotify and Fortnite just quited in-App Purchase from Play Store or App Store !
In this way, they no longer pay 30% fees to Google or Apple, and so, the price decreases !

Maybe Game Insight could propose to pay (coins, greenies, subscriptions, ...) at -30% by paying directly via their website ?
Building and maintaining your own e-shop doesn't come free either. Netflix, Spotify and Epic Games already had their stores set up and running because they were selling in other channels than mobile stores. So there is no way GI could offer 30% discount and come out same.
30% is actually a good deal for having everything done.

Great Caesar’s Ghost! Are you serious? I’m happy to pay the 30% just to have the security when spending my money. Do you really want to be dealing with GI support regarding financial discrepancies with no 3rd party control/backup?

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Building and maintaining your own e-shop doesn't come free either. Netflix, Spotify and Epic Games already had their stores set up and running because they were selling in other channels than mobile stores. So there is no way GI could offer 30% discount and come out same.
30% is actually a good deal for having everything done.

Or maybe they could find an other 3rd party, but cheaper ? (less than 30% fees !)

Great Caesar’s Ghost! Are you serious? I’m happy to pay the 30% just to have the security when spending my money. Do you really want to be dealing with GI support regarding financial discrepancies with no 3rd party control/backup?

Yes, you are right ! it could be hazardous ! So, As I just said to Agent_L, they could outsource but cheaper ! because Google and Apple are known to be expensive !

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
they could outsource but cheaper ! because Google and Apple are known to be expensive !
So far, most most of payment processors that I had the unpleasure of dealing with were just as bad as GI support. When it comes to dealing with merchandise as volatile as digital goods, everyone just keep pointing at the next guy and you're left with nothing.

Apple's and Google's dominant position is of great benefit to us, humble customers. When something goes less than perfect and we complain, the greedy behemoth comes with the only line they know: "fix it - or else". And entities like GI have no option other than to satisfy the customer, because "or else" usually means losing cash flow and bankruptcy. When the power goes another way they could just say "screw it, I'll get another processor" so the processor takes the merchant's side.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
So far, most most of payment processors that I had the unpleasure of dealing with were just as bad as GI support. When it comes to dealing with merchandise as volatile as digital goods, everyone just keep pointing at the next guy and you're left with nothing.

Apple's and Google's dominant position is of great benefit to us, humble customers. When something goes less than perfect and we complain, the greedy behemoth comes with the only line they know: "fix it - or else". And entities like GI have no option other than to satisfy the customer, because "or else" usually means losing cash flow and bankruptcy. When the power goes another way they could just say "screw it, I'll get another processor" so the processor takes the merchant's side.

and how works this forum ? when you pay to be VIP flyer ? is there any problems ? is there any fees ?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
and how works this forum ? when you pay to be VIP flyer ? is there any problems ? is there any fees ?
The first difference is scale. When you have few dozen of sales per year, there is good chance that no problem will ever appear. Automation is optional, one person can handle everything on case-by-case basis. In a freemium game, you get thousands of transactions per day and customers expect to get their itamz immediately, rock-solid automation is mandatory.
The other, even bigger difference is the optionality, because on forum it's basically a donation. If someone on the forum can't pay, they'll just say "whatever" and that's it. In AC when you can't finalize the payment, you don't get the items, and that is a problem.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
The first difference is scale. When you have few dozen of sales per year, there is good chance that no problem will ever appear. Automation is optional, one person can handle everything on case-by-case basis. In a freemium game, you get thousands of transactions per day and customers expect to get their itamz immediately, rock-solid automation is mandatory.
The other, even bigger difference is the optionality, because on forum it's basically a donation. If someone on the forum can't pay, they'll just say "whatever" and that's it. In AC when you can't finalize the payment, you don't get the items, and that is a problem.

but it is via PayPal, and the VIP status is quite immediate after paying ! So, I don't see the problem. if you can't pay, you do not have item, so you can do it again.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
but it is via PayPal, and the VIP status is quite immediate after paying ! So, I don't see the problem. if you can't pay, you do not have item, so you can do it again.
If you can't pay for the forum vip status, that's just a minor inconvenience. You can set this straight now, later or never.
If you cant pay for the greens 10 minutes before sale is over, that makes one angry customer.

Doing it again and what? So PayPal can charge you twice for merchandise you haven't received?

You're looking at the best case scenario. When things work, they works same everywhere. It's the worst case scenario that sets things apart, how are disputes resolved.

Top Bottom