Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Passengers not counting for Alliance

My vote goes for Alice! I think she was the only one who really read the entire mail and produced a customized reply!
I think we need more Alices in GI support
Here's the mail she sent:
"
The flights are counted towards the alliance task only after the plane has landed, and the reward has been collected.
I'd also advise you to check if you're still a member of your alliance via the alliance menu. If you're not due to any reason, there can be troubles with displaying and counting flights.

If you're still sure that the number of flights is incorrect, could you send me a screenshot or a video of the alliance task that has these troubles?
The details about how you've noticed the inconsistency are also very important. Have you compared the numbers with anything else? Or have you just remembered the actual number of flights you made? Any additional information will be helpful!

"

Here's is Kate's latest reply:

"Kate Today at 02:01
Dear Karen,

I have to send the same answer as the question from all the players is also the same.
We've checked all the details again.
The function is working properly.

All the unique flights you've started got registered in the database successfully.
The flight is called unique only in case it performed only once.

Sincerely,
Kate
Game Insight Support Team"

My reply:
"Then why are so many people not having their flights and passengers (alliance and otherwise) counted?
Have you looked at the AirportCity:Airline Tycoon facebook posts? Here's a partial list of tickets in addition to those on facebook.
@TeresaLisboa 8355332 iOS
@JayBee 8355112
@crescent moon 8355822
Crescent Moon 8356425 Windows
@Wilma_Sweden 8356247
@andy8758 8356241
@deepgreensea 8356279
@Robobobo888 8356573 Windows
@makam 8356588
@LjGibbs 8355214
@Antonis 8357422
@Papana 8357408
@guanoe 8356817 iOS

It's obvious that SOMETHING is not working properly. Perhaps this needs to be elevated to a higher level of tech support."

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Here's is Kate's latest reply:

"Kate Today at 02:01
Dear Karen,

I have to send the same answer as the question from all the players is also the same.
We've checked all the details again.
The function is working properly.

All the unique flights you've started got registered in the database successfully.
The flight is called unique only in case it performed only once.

Sincerely,
Kate
Game Insight Support Team"

My reply:
"Then why are so many people not having their flights and passengers (alliance and otherwise) counted?
Have you looked at the AirportCity:Airline Tycoon facebook posts? Here's a partial list of tickets in addition to those on facebook.
@TeresaLisboa 8355332 iOS
@JayBee 8355112
@crescent moon 8355822
Crescent Moon 8356425 Windows
@Wilma_Sweden 8356247
@andy8758 8356241
@deepgreensea 8356279
@Robobobo888 8356573 Windows
@makam 8356588
@LjGibbs 8355214
@Antonis 8357422
@Papana 8357408
@guanoe 8356817 iOS

It's obvious that SOMETHING is not working properly. Perhaps this needs to be elevated to a higher level of tech support."

I'm waiting for my reply. I've also sent the list of people whom submitted tickets. How can I get this passed onto someone of a higher level?!

Having received the same standard response as everyone else, I replied to Kate this:

Hi Kate. Matching my flight numbers does not solve the problem. You have a major software “bug” and it is being reported to you by hundreds of players. Alliance flights are important to many of us, but losing a “few” flights is not the end of the world. I am asking you to take my report seriously, investigate the software bug, fix it and stop sending us the same incorrect replies to our genuine complaints. I have stopped sending out flights to my weekly Alliance destinations until you fix this. I would therefore appreciate it if you email when you have solved the problem. Kind regards Andrew Coote

Sent from my iPhone
OOOh - I like your reply to Kate better than mine!

Not to interrupt the normal conversation about our interaction with support.. but I’m going to

Has anyone seen of your flight count as it applies to stars goes up when you land? I think mine was still increasing before I stopped flying to the alliance destination to focus on the event. I this scenario I was getting credit for flights to Dhaka towards my 3rd star but the count for the weekly alliance mission is not going up

Reason for asking is that it may actually be working correctly on the backend but they don’t realize what players see on the front end is what’s broken.

I’ve had my issues with support trying to understand stuff like this so I wouldn’t be surprised if they truly are counting and this is more of a UI problem. GT City, AJ, Ivan or others should be able to help communicate that if it’s the case

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Same problem here with me. Weekly alliance flights counter is stuck. My ticket is #8357682. Hope they will realize the size of the problem and fix it as soon as possible

Me too, but they aren't even acknowledging it as a problem despite the number of tickets submitted. Maybe there's something in what @Davescharf said so we could all really do with some help from @Gt city or from Ivan as GI Support can't ignore this forever even if for some reason they aren't seeing what we see, regardless it needs sorting asap. My whole alliance is down now, me included.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Not to interrupt the normal conversation about our interaction with support.. but I’m going to

Has anyone seen of your flight count as it applies to stars goes up when you land? I think mine was still increasing before I stopped flying to the alliance destination to focus on the event. I this scenario I was getting credit for flights to Dhaka towards my 3rd star but the count for the weekly alliance mission is not going up

Reason for asking is that it may actually be working correctly on the backend but they don’t realize what players see on the front end is what’s broken.

I’ve had my issues with support trying to understand stuff like this so I wouldn’t be surprised if they truly are counting and this is more of a UI problem. GT City, AJ, Ivan or others should be able to help communicate that if it’s the case
@Davescharf will check my end, all i know at the moment is that the weekly flight count isnt going up either. So for my example i have flown aroun 80 flights to Egypt but the alliance AND weekly flight count both say 32.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
0367d06z
Username
Jo Jo G
I’ve been back and forth to Kate too. Had the same replies as you all. I’ve sent 2 videos of the issue and now had radio silence, so frustrating!! I’m on ISO & the flight affected with me is Cyprus (#8356060)

Logged a ticket with support, same problem. I actually got the same word-for-word response as @TeresaLisboa so I've gone back with a screenshot and confirmation that I'm not an internet-retard. Ticket 8357249.

I'd be surprised if the issue hadn't got the attention of Ivan, but he's normally quiet on these until they've found a way to fix it, and will appear at some stage saying something along the lines of "We've identified the problem and are working on a fix, give us 48h"

Well, after reading your post I did another recorded experiment. Send a ppd to maracay and it’s still the same.
I cannot check the count for stars as that’s a 3-starred destination for me. But I went to the weekly count, both on weekly mission tab and world map, and there was no change. Even after completely closing and reopening AC. Same thing with pass count, no change. It’s as if never happened.

I sent 5 Deltas and 5 Turboprops to event destinations. You would think I would get 1200 passengers when they landed - nope - total went up by 152. Have no clue where those weird numbers came from. Added that information to my ticket for that game. I neglected to check for stars - will do that next time they land.
I haven’t had any problem with event destinations. But I’m keeping a record. Now I did another experiment: as I also have Riga as a weekly destination - in fact I don’t know why, it should be a jumbo destination, because I have 3 jumbos and only 2 ppds- I sent a flight to Riga AND it was accounted for. I really do hate this type of bugs.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
031qspgr
Username
Carly
I am also having issues with my alliance flights to Ouagadougou. The counter has been stuck since last night. I have sent and completed a further 10+ flights today but the counter has remained at 91 when it should be over 100. I also contacted GI support earlier today but only received the same reply as everyone else. Not impressed and very frustrated. My ticket is #8357026.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I am running an experiment now in which I have sent a flight to an alliance mission destination that I did not already 3-star. Maybe it's not counting flights that we have already 3-starred? I will report back what happens.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047e3pp7
Username
Antonis
I sent them a followup email, containing a link to a video I recorded demonstrating the issue. Will they even bother to watch it?? Let's see...

Your reply is disappointing, especially because dozens of others facing the same issue received the same answer.

Since I am a paying customer, kindly devote one minute to review the video recording of the issue found at this link.

You will see that my weekly alliance missions to Buenos Aires are 54, and I have 4 jets arriving from there.

Two jets arrive, counter jumps to 56. A third jet arrives, counter is back at 54. The fourth jet arrives, counter is briefly at 55, but back at 54 the second time I click on weekly alliance mission.

This is the FOURTH time (in a row) this happens, robbing me of 4*4=16 flights.

Please at least take the time to review the video.

Thank you,

Antonis

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
034xvuiw
Username
Arizsumda
Glad to see so many people actively trying to resolve this with GI support, even though it sounds to be useless. I just joined this forum, mainly for this reason, to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem.
I did submit a ticket #8357611 earlier today.
Just wanted to say thanks for those working on this

Top Bottom