Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Non-forum neighbor request

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Lately, I have been getting a lot more neighbor requests. Most times I don’t receive a PM or DM so I think they may be non-forum members. I know there are some forum members that still won’t PM or DM. In the past, I would research in the forum to see if the requester is an actual forum member, but this is too time consuming and most times I couldn’t find here anyway. Is this happening to others more often now? I am getting about 5-8 per week for several weeks now.

Lately, I have been getting a lot more neighbor requests. Most times I don’t receive a PM or DM so I think they may be non-forum members. I know there are some forum members that still won’t PM or DM. In the past, I would research in the forum to see if the requester is an actual forum member, but this is too time consuming and most times I couldn’t find here anyway. Is this happening to others more often now? I am getting about 5-8 per week for several weeks now.
I get about 15-20 per day, if I don't receive a request by the end of the day, I delete them.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
The problem now is that we don't get a notification when someone adds us using our friend code. We just get one when we accept, which is perhaps less useful than it could be. So, it's hard/impossible to tell how many are just adding me because I happened to appear on their Add tab and who came to the forum and found my code.
It's been probably a couple of weeks since I last cleared my waiting list and I now have just over 100.
So, if someone adds me and assumes I'll notice them without a PM/tag, then I'm going to disappoint them, I'm afraid.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
The problem now is that we don't get a notification when someone adds us using our friend code. We just get one when we accept, which is perhaps less useful than it could be. So, it's hard/impossible to tell how many are just adding me because I happened to appear on their Add tab and who came to the forum and found my code.
It's been probably a couple of weeks since I last cleared my waiting list and I now have just over 100.
So, if someone adds me and assumes I'll notice them without a PM/tag, then I'm going to disappoint them, I'm afraid.
I figured it could be forum stalkers...but again...I know some have been forum members in the past also..I hate to delete anyone because that’s originally how I got started is by requesting and accepting random people..but after playing a couple of weeks I found this forum and now majority are forum members and I want to keep it that way... I know some join the forum to fulfill an immediate need and then they don’t come back anymore or randomly...and I would prefer not to have them as neighbors either, because they only gift what they want and that increases the potential for hijackers.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
I hate to delete anyone because that’s originally how I got started is by requesting and accepting random people..but after playing a couple of weeks I found this forum and now majority are forum members and I want to keep it that way.
Same as you. I had a batch of neighbours before I found this forum and the only ones of those I've deleted have been ones that have gone to sleep. It would actually make my life simpler if I got rid of all the non-forum friends.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
@JayBee @Crashfree I'm finding this also, I was wondering along with both your thoughts that people have got savvy and are adding randomly as they receive cash every time someone accepts requests...whatever I agree, I wish we could just tell if they were forum members (y)

I just stopped sharing my game code here and ask people to PM me for it or tag me.

I’m happy to add anyone from the forum as long as they don’t expect daily gifting and have their own profile in case I do want to send something, but this way I know who wants to be my neighbor. Otherwise I decline it right away.

I know of one forum neighbor who added me 3 or 4 times but I couldn’t tie the name to anyone I see in the forum. Finally accepted it after getting a PM .

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I just stopped sharing my game code here and ask people to PM me for it or tag me.

I’m happy to add anyone from the forum as long as they don’t expect daily gifting and have their own profile in case I do want to send something, but this way I know who wants to be my neighbor. Otherwise I decline it right away.

I know of one forum neighbor who added me 3 or 4 times but I couldn’t tie the name to anyone I see in the forum. Finally accepted it after getting a PM .
What a excellent solution, will change my sig now. (y)

Yes - it was easier when we got a notification and could check to see if it was forum member or a lurker. I may go back to removing my codes and asking for a PM if someone wants to be neighbors.

i think that you get 100 coins for every one you accept.
and you got more visitors to your city and gifters (sometimes) so why not?
A very cluttered neighbor list, people you can't communicate with, generally useless gifts (people gifting what they want in return instead of what you need), launch hijackers. Enough reasons for me not to accept non-forum members.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
i think that you get 100 coins for every one you accept.
and you got more visitors to your city and gifters (sometimes) so why not?
Exactly what @crescent moon siad...in addition, the few coins or fuel you get from non forum members is not worth dealing with some gifts we will never be able to use and hijackers...and the hijackers we talk about are the neighbors that take over your launch and take 1st from you for example...we can communicate our needs and wants to other forum members...that is why I don’t like accepting the temporary forum members either...the ones that join just to get what they want and then never come back or only rarely...so no updated signature etc and usually just send what they want in return..they don’t look at what’s in your username nor what’s in your signature...I usually don’t gift them back, but I think I may start deleting soon because there are so many people here that take the extra look at your username or signature and send what is actually needed. Also there are members here that will go out of their way to help when its not as beneficial to them if at all.

Also, when I am returning a, I have to remember if it’s a forum member or not because if the username does not list the needed item or I don’t have that item, I search the signature here in the forum...it would make it easier if all neighbors are members so I don’t search in vain.

I don't get loads of requests thankfully. Don't have any planetariums! But when I get a notification- "I've added you" I am not going to accept anymore. I agree no signature, or just an "I need " list, no thanks. I have 120 neighbours and I know who they all are. Only 2 are non forum. One keeps sending me duty free so might get knocked off soon, and the other is my first alliance leader. Still can't decide whether to keep him. He has caused problems for another forum member, but never for me. The jury's out at the moment.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Any one noticed the urban green event disappeared on windows still on android though?

Attachments

• 2017-11-14.jpg
    2017-11-14.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom