Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows My game keeps crashing...

I have been playing this game on and off for a good 5 (or more) years now. The last year or two I have been taking long breaks because my Windows Microsoft version game crashes often and was really hoping this issue would fix itself. There is nothing worse than collecting and sending gifts then the game crashing and losing the gifts and then remembering who to resend gifts to...☹️ Alas, I have been playing for a few weeks now and still the same issue... I do like playing this game and don't want to give up on it, but this is sooo frustrating. I messaged tech support last time, but they were unable to help...

Is it worth trying to move my game to the 'Desktop Windows app version'? Is that version stable? Can I download this on the same laptop I have my current game as I don't have a spare computer to download it on. I have my support games on my phone so can't use it either.

I would love some thoughts on what to do..

Thanks 🙂

I have been playing this game on and off for a good 5 (or more) years now. The last year or two I have been taking long breaks because my Windows Microsoft version game crashes often and was really hoping this issue would fix itself. There is nothing worse than collecting and sending gifts then the game crashing and losing the gifts and then remembering who to resend gifts to...☹️ Alas, I have been playing for a few weeks now and still the same issue... I do like playing this game and don't want to give up on it, but this is sooo frustrating. I messaged tech support last time, but they were unable to help...

Is it worth trying to move my game to the 'Desktop Windows app version'? Is that version stable? Can I download this on the same laptop I have my current game as I don't have a spare computer to download it on. I have my support games on my phone so can't use it either.

I would love some thoughts on what to do..

Thanks 🙂
Both versions are essentially the same so unsure moving will resolve the stability issue. I presume you have already tried tackling this issue by upgrading your version, video drivers, setting app to ignore background apps, reset\repair (potentially could lose city doing this), etc?

You can use the GI version on your same laptop. I recommend download the full version, not just the installer, then install. The GI version will appear separate:

Untitled.jpg

The top is MS version and my support game, which honestly I haven't tried since installing GI version - isn't near as important. I required GI version to migrate my primary via GI Link from Android as my tablet no longer properly charges - I miss the portability and don't play as often due to this but have gained double bonus and can continue playing my primary city. Honestly, both versions have been stable for me so suspect is something with your setup or city. I suspect GI link will work for you assuming you can still get into MS version long enough to generate G! link code though you may have to sacrifice one of your support games or if your phone is capable, enable profiles on it and install AC in parallel.

Last edited:
Both versions are essentially the same so unsure moving will resolve the stability issue. I presume you have already tried tackling this issue by upgrading your version, video drivers, setting app to ignore background apps, reset\repair (potentially could lose city doing this), etc?

You can use the GI version on your same laptop. I recommend download the full version, not just the installer, then install. The GI version will appear separate:

View attachment 72438

The top is MS version and my support game, which honestly I haven't tried since installing GI version - isn't near as important. I required GI version to migrate my primary via GI Link from Android as my tablet no longer properly charges - I miss the portability and don't play as often due to this but have gained double bonus and can continue playing my primary city. Honestly, both versions have been stable for me so suspect is something with your setup or city. I suspect GI link will work for you assuming you can still get into MS version long enough to generate G! link code though you may have to sacrifice one of your support games or if your phone is capable, enable profiles on it and install AC in parallel.

Thanks @Maverick68
I don't think it is my laptop as I was having this problem on my last laptop but I will try those other suggestions. I will try downloading the GI version and using the link to change the game over too if nothing else works. I assume when you say version, you mean version of the game. I have checked the Microsoft store and I have the latest version (8.31.24) as I have finished the latest event.

@Maverick68 I just had a look at both my support games on my Android phone and they are both version 8.33.02. Are all versions on different of playing meant to be the same? If so, this could very well be my problem and I may have no choice but to download the GI version.
Previously the versions needed to be the same in order to visit neighbors and sync gifts. I guess they figured out a way since then because in recent years the version #'s have periodically slightly differed without affecting cross-play. The recent Android version changes were due to a ("stability") upgrade breaking the rankings dialog and presumably the fix thereafter. 8.31.24 are the current Windows (MS & GI) version. AC seems very dependent upon a reliable internet connection (when connected) so you might want to focus on your laptop to ensure it's properly connected, updated and working properly which may require a knowledgeable technician.

Last edited:
Thanks @Maverick68
I don't think it is my laptop as I was having this problem on my last laptop but I will try those other suggestions. I will try downloading the GI version and using the link to change the game over too if nothing else works. I assume when you say version, you mean version of the game. I have checked the Microsoft store and I have the latest version (8.31.24) as I have finished the latest event.
Yes, game version. Unfortunately, since has happened on two laptops it might be an issue requiring advanced troubleshooting by a pc technician or is a known issue that G! just won't disclose and unwilling to fix like so many.

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
I am running multiple accts of G! apps on 3 laptop/pcs. I've had no real crash issues other than occasional crash. However, I started getting immediate freeze on two accts running on Lenovo Ideapad Flex5 during the last event. I realize that I switched the laptop from laptop mode to tablet mode ( flip so keyboard does not show). Right after loading the game, if I don't continue to click on something or go into secondary popup screen like event scrren or heli resource screen, it would immediately freeze. Exact same thing happend on two accts. I thought about what changed and realized i went from laptop mode to tablet. So, I switched back and problem of freezing went away.

See if it is your problem is relatable.

I am running multiple accts of G! apps on 3 laptop/pcs. I've had no real crash issues other than occasional crash. However, I started getting immediate freeze on two accts running on Lenovo Ideapad Flex5 during the last event. I realize that I switched the laptop from laptop mode to tablet mode ( flip so keyboard does not show). Right after loading the game, if I don't continue to click on something or go into secondary popup screen like event scrren or heli resource screen, it would immediately freeze. Exact same thing happend on two accts. I thought about what changed and realized i went from laptop mode to tablet. So, I switched back and problem of freezing went away.

See if it is your problem is relatable.
Hi @red_z06
My game is going well so far and has not crashed one since I changed it to the G! version (but don't want to jinx myself so will keep fingers crossed..). I will keep in mind what you say as my laptop is similar to yours and can change from laptop to tablet mode.
Thanks

Top Bottom