Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Launch Pirates

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma
Listen, this is a pretty simple rant. If you didn't start the launch, then don't try to take it over. My last three launches I have had to delete someone for trying to take first without permission. I'm happy to take on other flyers, and enjoy the teamwork that comes with launching, but I need to build up my fuel so I'm flying for first right now. I don't want to wait twenty four hours for half the fuel I could have gotten.

It's very simple, unless you have spoken to the person and know you can take first, don't overrun someone when joining their flight. If your lucky enough to get into some QL parties, which I have been, tea h out to those and respect those burning their QL. They have priority unless they say go for it.

If your like me, and looking to take first, start your own flight and take it. I have no issues with that. If your joining a flight, you should know your going for second at best.

Thanks.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I understand your perspective, but every launch is team effort and maybe many launches will not be completed without help of others. I think that with your strategy you will lose neighbours in launches. (why helping someone all the time if that person pick 1st all the time). All players are in the same position as you. That would lead to situation that almost everyone will open their own launch and take 1st (there will be no 2nd as nobody will join others launches). And thats the opposite of what launches are intended to be for.

Listen, this is a pretty simple rant. If you didn't start the launch, then don't try to take it over. My last three launches I have had to delete someone for trying to take first without permission. I'm happy to take on other flyers, and enjoy the teamwork that comes with launching, but I need to build up my fuel so I'm flying for first right now. I don't want to wait twenty four hours for half the fuel I could have gotten.

It's very simple, unless you have spoken to the person and know you can take first, don't overrun someone when joining their flight. If your lucky enough to get into some QL parties, which I have been, tea h out to those and respect those burning their QL. They have priority unless they say go for it.

If your like me, and looking to take first, start your own flight and take it. I have no issues with that. If your joining a flight, you should know your going for second at best.

Thanks.
:eek::eek::eek:

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma
I understand your perspective, but every launch is team effort and maybe many launches will not be completed without help of others. I think that with your strategy you will lose neighbours in launches. (why helping someone all the time if that person pick 1st all the time). All players are in the same position as you. That would lead to situation that almost everyone will open their own launch and take 1st (there will be no 2nd as nobody will join others launches). And thats the opposite of what launches are intended to be for.
I join others launches all the time. Typically when Im low on launch materials and still want to fly, or if a neighbor asks for my help. But I never join and overtake unless already knowing its ok. Im ok losing neighbors if they want to get upset, but theres several others through this forum who have said basically the same thing.
I try to launch a flight every day, and I know when I have the supplies to launch a flight in first place or not. So if I dont I will join someone elses flight. This is how I have come about some of my best neighbors in the game is by reaching out about different launches.
I have no issues flying with others, just respect that if I start a flight it means I want first place in that flight.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad

Thanks.
Many people will start a launch that have a QL to gain fuel, experience, coins and have no intentions to be first. It is very hard to determine if they want to be first if they hang back and don't provide much fuel. I recommend if you open a launch and want to be first that you provide lots of fuel immediately, 1000+ in the first few minutes. Providing fuel immediately usually will determine who wants to be in the top 3.

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma
Many people will start a launch that have a QL to gain fuel, experience, coins and have no intentions to be first. It is very hard to determine if they want to be first if they hang back and don't provide much fuel. I recommend if you open a launch and want to be first that you provide lots of fuel immediately, 1000+ in the first few minutes. Providing fuel immediately usually will determine who wants to be in the top 3.
I agree in the case of QL because its about trying to get the flights out asap, but its still good to reach out to the creator, make sure they're not trying to recruit more QL or have positions assigned.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
O45g6wz4
Username
Aaaaair

Thanks.

I hate that too. S.o. crossing your plans... so annoying

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
I agree in the case of QL because its about trying to get the flights out asap, but its still good to reach out to the creator, make sure they're not trying to recruit more QL or have positions assigned.
Not really anyway to reach out to the creator on a QL launch. This game lacks the ability to communicate on it.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hello all

Interesting points raised here. I can see both sides of the coin. I have had a few launches 'hijacked' and been booted to 2nd. At which point I realized that there was no way to tell other players that all I wanted was help in doing the launch. Then I realized that the ONLY way to prevent my own launch from being hijacked was to be sure I could put in 801 points. So now I wait until I have at least that many points available before I start my own launch. I do help out in other launches when I can, because I want to keep my launch 'flight numbers' going up.
I try to avoid hijacking a launch. My rule of thumb is that if there is less than 8 hours left in a launch and the point total is not over 800, and I have the resources to complete the launch I do so. This hijacks the launch yes, but I look at it as helping the other player(s) complete the launch in time. Better a completed launch and 2nd or 3rd place, than failing to complete a launch.

Raschuma, if I have hijacked one of your launches in the past, please accept my sincere apology. I will be more careful in the future should I join one of your launches.

In case anyone is interested, I am still working on completing my first 100 green launches. So I am still a bit new at this. If it were not for some of my neighbors who have planetariums, I would never get the stuff I need to launches at all. Thank you to all those more powerful and experienced players who have planetariums. You have been a big help to me. Please do not stop playing the game.

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy.

Device
  1. Android
Hello all

Interesting points raised here. I can see both sides of the coin. I have had a few launches 'hijacked' and been booted to 2nd. At which point I realized that there was no way to tell other players that all I wanted was help in doing the launch. Then I realized that the ONLY way to prevent my own launch from being hijacked was to be sure I could put in 801 points. So now I wait until I have at least that many points available before I start my own launch. I do help out in other launches when I can, because I want to keep my launch 'flight numbers' going up.
I try to avoid hijacking a launch. My rule of thumb is that if there is less than 8 hours left in a launch and the point total is not over 800, and I have the resources to complete the launch I do so. This hijacks the launch yes, but I look at it as helping the other player(s) complete the launch in time. Better a completed launch and 2nd or 3rd place, than failing to complete a launch.

Raschuma, if I have hijacked one of your launches in the past, please accept my sincere apology. I will be more careful in the future should I join one of your launches.

In case anyone is interested, I am still working on completing my first 100 green launches. So I am still a bit new at this. If it were not for some of my neighbors who have planetariums, I would never get the stuff I need to launches at all. Thank you to all those more powerful and experienced players who have planetariums. You have been a big help to me. Please do not stop playing the game.

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy.
You are wrong.
To avoid hijacker, minimum points :
Green : 980
Blue : 1180
Red : 1680

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma
Hello all

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy.
No havent seen you, and yes, because most of my neighbors are from this forum I can message them and let them know. @Robby Kusuma @Mouse @Sazaville @Punmat @Pit1024 and more have all helped me in launches before and Ive helped them.

Waterman981

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
206v1tr2
Username
Wtr
I was at ~890 points in on a green launch earlier this week (on my way to 980), and a non forum neighbor got high enough to put in a PEB while I was waiting for the timer to put in my next large fuel tank. That PEB put him about 950 and he took first. I had been on the pad for less than an hour. I removed him from my neighbors list immediately. That was pretty blatant, and I don't want to deal with him anymore.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
The problem is lack of communication... A lot us are in chat groups to start launches and help each other out .... When you are only able to do 1 launch a day everyone wants 1st...

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Raschuma First: If you know offenders are here, then communicate with them directly. If they're are not on the forum, then they won't read your rant. This way or another - your rant is 100% pointless and you're just using us as outlets.

Second:It's called "hijacking", not "pirating". You'll find plenty information here about the etiquette.

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma
O
@Raschuma First: If you know offenders are here, then communicate with them directly. If they're are not on the forum, then they won't read your rant. This way or another - your rant is 100% pointless and you're just using us as outlets.

Second:It's called "hijacking", not "pirating". You'll find plenty information here about the etiquette.
Ok, as I said this was a rant. You could have stopped reading right there. Second, some of these people are on the forum, but dont go very deep into the measages to find old messages. I had to dig pretty deep. So for some who are new here this gives them a heads up, that its not cool to "hijack", sounds like something pirates do, unless they have spoken to the person who created the launch.

Raschuma

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03mpggjp
Username
raschuma

Just yesterday I had someone reach out to me here to ask if they could overtake me in a launch, and simply because they asked I said yes. This isnt to hinder teamwork, but reinforce it.

Top Bottom