Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

It happened today

Was told today that it can go up till 300...
Yes you are correct about that ,i regret not having bought the last expancions a wile back whe the price was actualy cheaper as posted on this thread .
I am at the point where i still can buy 27 expancions to reach the absolute maximum .
But at the price 280greens and on sale 140greens a piece it will cost me a minimum of 4000greens witch i d' rather spend on other things

Yes you are correct about that ,i regret not having bought the last expancions a wile back whe the price was actualy cheaper as posted on this thread .
I am at the point where i still can buy 27 expancions to reach the absolute maximum .
But at the price 280greens and on sale 140greens a piece it will cost me a minimum of 4000greens witch i d' rather spend on other things

upload_2018-12-1_19-28-31.png

Ouch - I was hoping it wouldn't go over 200(100).:( Right now, my city side is fully expanded, and don't need any more room on airport side untill we get more hangars, new aircraft buildings or helicoptor buildings. I'm at expansion 220 - 160(80) greenies, so I guess I can grow by another 80.

Ouch - I was hoping it wouldn't go over 200(100).:( Right now, my city side is fully expanded, and don't need any more room on airport side untill we get more hangars, new aircraft buildings or helicoptor buildings. I'm at expansion 220 - 160(80) greenies, so I guess I can grow by another 80.

Oops - I can grow by more than 80 - I see @mo elbo is at 325 with 27 to go! I hope we get more city side expansions in a near future update.

land is the best investment for greens and gives a strategical advantage but at these prices it will be limited to a few plots a time and take a considerable amount of time and greens to build a reasonable sized city

My city side is at maximum size but the airport side has a loooong way to go. Even still, I have plenty of room there so I don’t have to worry about the current price of 200 greens to make it bigger.

The airport side has traditionally been fairly easy to keep small but I’m sure GI were on to that with all of the helo buildings that came in recently. Giving away a block of land to encourage people to start the helo campaign was quite clever. Once you started playing with helos, you just kept discovering all of these new buildings you had to buy :rolleyes:.

As stated in many threads before, the best way to avoid having to buy land as the prices get high is to switch out power supply buildings (esp. coal stations) and replace them with Tesla units. Seeing them discounted in the daily bank deals has been a nice saver of greens as well.

The revival of this thread has prompted me to think about starting a thread (which I wanted to do nearly a year ago, but never got around to it) where a list can be generated advising which buildings can be placed on either side of your map. There are quite a few that most players wouldn’t even know about. The most valuable, of course, would be the ones that are traditionally on the city side but can be switched to the airport. Every now and then, while I’m browsing other cities, I get a surprise, “I never knew you could put that building there!?!”
I’d like to add a sub list as well advising which buildings are not affected by not having a road. There are a few surprises where a road isn’t needed at all and others where the building “greys” out but doesn’t impact the game in any way.

As stated in many threads before, the best way to avoid having to buy land as the prices get high is to switch out power supply buildings (esp. coal stations) and replace them with Tesla units. Seeing them discounted in the daily bank deals has been a nice saver of greens as well.
Not that I follow your statements with the hope to see something wrong :) but having my master and having started 30 years ago a PhD in Maths (just to abandon it as I needed time for my business) I have to do the following remark:
Tesla at 30 greenies price saves money once you reach 40 greenies price per 4x4 expansion (1 Tesla PP is 2x2 and gives 300 elec = 5 x Coal Station and the 5 occupy 1 4x4 and 1 2x2 space, so 1 Tesla replaces 1 Coal Plant and frees 1 4x4 xpansion pack), is neutral when expansion pack costs 30 greenies and is more expensive at price 20 and 10 greenies.

Indeed, with the current increase of the price of land expansions above 200 it makes in long term counter productive to purchase more airport side land. What I mean is that once GI decides to increase the maximum city (and airport) side, the price for very much needed city expansion will be higher due to the purchase of (not really needed) airport expansion.

Not that I follow your statements with the hope to see something wrong :) but having my master and having started 30 years ago a PhD in Maths (just to abandon it as I needed time for my business) I have to do the following remark:
Tesla at 30 greenies price saves money once you reach 40 greenies price per 4x4 expansion (1 Tesla PP is 2x2 and gives 300 elec = 5 x Coal Station and the 5 occupy 1 4x4 and 1 2x2 space, so 1 Tesla replaces 1 Coal Plant and frees 1 4x4 xpansion pack), is neutral when expansion pack costs 30 greenies and is more expensive at price 20 and 10 greenies.

So what you are saying that those with land >40 greenies should always grab the Teslas on discount every time it is offered?
Are there any scenarios that it wold not apply?

So what you are saying that those with land >40 greenies should always grab the Teslas on discount every time it is offered?
Well, over the last night I produced another explanation:
300 electricity = 1 Tesla = 1 + 4 Power Plant, correct?
Assume you have only 2x2 free space in your city.
So to add 300 electricity you could buy 1 Tesla OR 1 Power Plant and 1 land expansion pack and to build 4 more Power Plants on the new land.
So cost is:
1 Tesla = 30 (or 24 on sale) greens
vs.
5 Power Plants = 40,000 coins +
1 land expansion pack = 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 etc. greens
So, assuming that only greens are important for the advanced player, you can compare. I would personally buy land always when it is <= expensive and Tesla otherwise.

So on your question: Tesla on discount should be purchased every time when your land price on sale is 30 or higher. The only different scenario I could imagine is: if you don’t have enough coins (e.g. you are collecting 4M for Tower upgrade) and can’t buy new buildings so you don’t currently need all city side land, you may decide to prioritize the land purchase and to build Power Plants on your unused city side land. Once you have free coins to purchase some pax buildings you simply sell 5 Power Plants, replace them with 1 Tesla and get 4x4 free space. In this case you’ll lose some coins but c’mon - from replacing 5 Power Plants with one Tesla you lose 5 * (8,000 - 800) = 36,000 coins. I believe the loss is not so heavy.

Last edited:
One Tesla replaces 5 coal so it essentially frees up one whole land purchase. Well worth it if your city side has power units on it or if you need more room on the city side. The only time to not buy the Teslas is when you have way more power than you need ;).

Many would consider 40 as expensive ;):cool:. I think the bank sells them for 32 on special?

Top Bottom