Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android How to back up and restore Airport City

You use this backup method at your own risk. Please ensure you do a practice run first. Make sure you have read all the comments in the thread below.

This is a quick guide on how to backup and restore your game and data from Airport City. This is especially useful if you're changing to a new Android device, or simply because you wish to keep a backup incase anything happens.

Please note, this backup process does not require your device to be rooted - So anyone can use it!

1) Download Helium from the Google Play Store and install.
2) Download the Helium PC application and install.
3) Once installed and connected to your PC, on the Android device, within the Helium app click on the 3 dots in the top right which will bring up a pop up. Click on PC Download.
pc18.png

4) This will then show you a page with an address which you will need to use to navigate to on your PC. Type this address into the PC your Android device is connected to.
pc19.png

5) You should now be looking at a screen like the one below. This will list all the apps currently on your device. Simply click on Airport City and then click on "Start Backup". Make sure "Backup App Data Only" is not ticked.

A pop up box will appear asking you to save "backup.zip" - Save this somewhere safe on your PC as this contains your backup.

Job done! You now have a backup of Airport City and your game progress!

pc20.png

To Restore The Game

1) Follow the same advice in steps 3 & 4 above.
2) Click on "Browse" and navigate to the backup.zip that has your backed up copy of Airport City inside it.

pc23.png

3) This will then start to upload the entire backup.zip file

pc21.png

4) Simply click on the "Restore" button and this will re-install the saved Airport City game and its data.

pc22.png

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Hi,

As my game is crashing every time it is connected to Wifi, I thought, lets back it up.
But for some reason, helium doesn't work. It gives me a 1kb file which can't be right.
Any ideas?

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
Only a few days ago I transferred my AC game to another tablet with Helium making back up on old tablet and restore on new one. Worked well. Now I can watch adverts for building upgrade items that did not work on my old tablet :)

However the backup files were stored in folder "Carbon" on the tablet. So I copied the folder on removable SD and then restored game on new tablet from SD

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
I also tried to backup my game using helium and as a result lost my whole progress.
I think i didn't follw the steps of backing up and restoration.
Question÷ do we have to install a new airport city to do restoration?
And also it doesn't create a .zip file but creates .json file.
Anyone knows why?

I also tried to backup my game using helium and as a result lost my whole progress.
I think i didn't follw the steps of backing up and restoration.
Question÷ do we have to install a new airport city to do restoration?
And also it doesn't create a .zip file but creates .json file.
Anyone knows why?
Following the steps above it would create a zip file.
No need to download a new copy of AC, as the backup would include the game as well as the game data.

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
Important to mention: you can only restore from phone to phone or from tablet to tablet. When you change devices (brand, type) it is not sure the game will work after the restore by Helium (I've been there after a crash of my really old tablet, couldn't restore the game with my Helium backup to another device).

Important to mention: you can only restore from phone to phone or from tablet to tablet. When you change devices (brand, type) it is not sure the game will work after the restore by Helium (I've been there after a crash of my really old tablet, couldn't restore the game with my Helium backup to another device).

Good advice Mel, I wasn't aware of that. I only used Helium to back up from my old tablet to my new tablet. Although these were two different brands.

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
It gives an error message when I try an internal back-up....
Yesterday I tried again to put the AC game with the same back up method from my new tablet to the old one and it didn't work. Helium said something like "restore was not successful" and that's it, the game started from LVL1. Good that it was only a "trial restore". So guys be careful if you use Helium to back up & restore. It doesn't always work!!!

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
@mel might be right in the above post. Maybe in my case I backed up the game on old tablet and managed to restore it on new model. When I tried to back up on new model and restore on old it didn't work. I have both tablets of the same make - ASUS TF201 (old) and Memo Pad 7 (new)

@mel might be right in the above post. Maybe in my case I backed up the game on old tablet and managed to restore it on new model. When I tried to back up on new model and restore on old it didn't work. I have both tablets of the same make - ASUS TF201 (old) and Memo Pad 7 (new)

Is the "old" tablet running on the same version of Airport City as on the "new" tablet?
Backup files of newer Airport City version may not restore properly on older Airport City version, especially if there is a big upgrade.

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
You'll restore the game progress as well as the apk for the game itself, so the version is the same. I contacted the game insight helpdesk when it happened to me and they explained that tablet and phone weren't compatible with each other. Probably the same goes for completely different tablets?

paulkate

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
046vy2nl; paulkate2
Username
PK-paulkate, PK2-paulkate2
I'd like to backup my main game "just in case". But Helium (free) not work on my device cause I have no possibility to conntect it with PC via USB.
I've read that Helium Premium can do cloud back up. But is it possible to setup cloud backup on Helium Premium without connecting Android device to PC via USB first?
Are there other ways to do backup on device with crashed USB slot?

Last edited:
I think with helium you need connect with USB at least once. I don't know if you can root your device without USB connectivity, if you can then titanium backup is your best bet, I have it upload to Dropbox daily. I notice on my daily visits you've been really been hitting those map destinations @paulkate I presume that's for the gold tokens, been revisiting them myself but you seem to be steaming through.

Top Bottom