Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General How do you gift?

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I know what you're thinking. Here he goes again with another 'How do you...?' :ROFLMAO:

Well, you're never too old or too seasoned to reflect on your own game plan, learn from fellow flyers and adapt!

With an ever growing neighbourhood list and only 20 gifts to spare daily, I find gifting to be a real challenge.

I've already done some homework and some more homework. Still I'm hungry for more...

How do you do it?

- Do you differ between forum and non-forum neighbours?
- Do you use a rotation or another type of system?
- Do you make partnerships for daily gifts?
- How do you feel about the return gift button?
- How do you prioritize your gifts?
- Do you change strategy when an event occurs?
- How do you gift to players with multiple accounts.
- How do you gift with multiple accounts?
- Do you keep track of gifting? And how?
- How do you feel about items in game names?
- How do momentary building needs fit in your system?
- How do new members fit in your gifting?

The list seems a bit chaotic and endless...

Take your time. Any answer to any question is more than I started out with!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I have a Google docs spreadsheet (I'm thinking about migrating to Excel Online) with every neighbor listed. I don't accept gifts immediately, instead every evening I sit down, accept gifts and write them down them into spreadsheet, Then I send back to those who sent to me that day (also marking as "sent"). Therefore if someone gift me daily, I gift him daily. If someone gift me once a week, I gift him once a week. As every closed-loop system, it balances itself : )

I keep forum and non-forum neighbors separate as for forum people one can make a column with "what to send" but for non-forum people the only means of communication is hitting "return".

With multiple accounts there are 2 strategies. Some players (like Wydaho and David) have 2 accounts and play them almost equally, so I treat them almost as separate players. Others (like RavenENTP and me) have 1 main account and a swarm of supports whose only purpose is to send Fuel20 and get nothing back. For those players I send only gifts from main to main account, as intended and Fuel20 from supports to main.
So playing strategy on my supports is very simple: open the game, send Fuel20 to all real neighbors, close.

For event I re-roll the most useless support until it gets the most valuable event item. Done it only once so far, so it may still prove itself unfeasible. Sending event items from my main follows the regular protocol.

New memberships barely fit at all, I usually get around 20 real gifts per day (plus Fuel20 from supports) so there is no space left for new neighbors. I don't have low level items they need anyway. (because I'm too high level, supports don't have those gifts either - because they're too low lvl...)

I like to make partnerships with 1:1, so we both can just click "send in return" and be done with it. If someone sends me a gift from my sig and it is in his sig - this happens.

The highest priority are partnerships and arrangements negotiated individually. Then items mentioned in game name. If not, then I look at whatever I noted in the spreadsheet from the sigs. I update those about once a week, so delays happen.

Those all above are about flight items. My building needs I usually arrange on PMs with the most reliable neighbors.

My biggest dislike are unsolicited gifts of very limited use, eg items for repair base I've already built. I try to keep my inventory free from such useless clutter, so in most cases I reject those. I put stress on unsolicited, because if a neighbor needs something and my hidden slot can provide then of course we can agree to do it.

Game names? They're ok, I guess...

I know what you're thinking. Here he goes again with another 'How do you...?' :ROFLMAO:
Take your time. Any answer to any question is more than I started out with!
Thanks in advance.

Here goes !

I only have neighbours who are on this forum

I try to respond to specific requests first. Then I respond to those who have answered my building requests (not flight requests). After that I gift in the order in which gifts are supplied.

Very Occasionally.

I only use it when requested by a neighbour. I don't really understand it enough to use it myself !

As above ! Specific requests, Returning gifts for my special building requests received, First in first out.

Yes. If I decide to do an event I put all other gifting on hold. However some neighbours continue to send daily non-event gifts. I return event gifts first and non-event gifts second. I usually make this clear in the forum.

If the second account is merely there to send Fuel20 then I return a gift to the main account. If the second account is a game in its own right I will treat it as a separate neighbour.

I don't have more than one account.

I use Excel Spreadsheet. I enter all gifts in the order they are received. I then check signatures and enter the item I want to return. I then highlight in red the high priority neighbours (ie who have sent me a requested building item) and those where I am initiating a special request from a neighbour.
I then send gifts in priority order. Once a gift is received and a gift returned I shade the cells orange. At the end of the process all my gifts in response to those received, and those gifts received for special requests sent will be shaded in orange. All outstanding gifts (both in and out) are not colour coded.
And so on and so on.

- How do feel about items in game names?
I find them useful, including my own game name. However there is a nasty bug which means that old game-name-items can be out of date. This is why I try to check signatures where I can.

I usually ask specific neighbours for building requests and not rely on signatures / game name changes. (eg Walkie Talkies !!)

- How do new membership fit in?
I only accept forum neighbours. I also wait for a while before inviting them just to make sure they are serious players !

The list seems a bit chaotic and endless...

True !

As a matter of course I find some neighbours do not expect every gift to be responded to. Over time I have gotten to know who these are and If I am more than 30 gifts outstanding after the daily gifting round I will mark them as cancelled.
I keep the spreadsheet open when I am playing the game. I can then jot down things I pick up in reading the forum threads.

Regards
Harcourt

Attachments

• Gift .jpg
    Gift .jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 87

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Thank yooouuu, @Agent_L ! I knew you would reply and was already looking forward to it. ;)
I'll take it in and probably throw some follow-up questions your way... :)

Here's one already:
Therefore if someone gift me daily, I gift him daily. If someone gift me once a week, I gift him once a week. As every closed-loop system, it balances itself : )

I suppose, like me, you have more gifts coming in than going out. How do you deal with the backlog you create?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I suppose, like me, you have more gifts coming in than going out. How do you deal with the backlog you create?
It almost never happens. The daily surplus comes from support accounts - but there is no need to take care of that.
Sometimes when I do get more than 20 items from real accounts I just don't mark those as "sent" so it's easy to find them next day and send. I never had a real surplus 2 days in a row.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I only use it when requested by a neighbour. I don't really understand it enough to use it myself !
For non-event flight items it works 100% accurate - you send what you see. For others you can find out bit more from the link in my sig.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Well here is my jumbled up mess of gifting - not going to lie it isn't easy keeping track of things and I am not always near my computer so a spreadsheet isn't the answer for me, I keep most of the stuff in my head. Currently I have 329 neighbours, and about 58 gifts waiting to be returned/send out relevant items and that's after I've sent out my 20 for the day (58 is a good week of waiting gifts)

I try and prioritise between forum and regular/reliable neighbours, almost try and do a 10/10 split of my gifts.

If I get reliable Ping Pong relationships set up I try and keep them on a daily basis/every 2 days, and maybe return once a week to people who send things I don't need (as they may need them). Usually once a week I clear/return the first 20 in my waiting list incase I haven't send them anything in a while.

I do try yes (at this many neighbours it usually can be a 2 day cycle) as it can benefit both in the long run, as I can send fuel 20 I try and pair with people who can return fuel 20 (not ideal for those who can't but fuel is a greater need :-/ )

The return button is a huge time saver if you are Ping Pong with neighbours, if you are both returning/sending the same thing (or return equivalent) then it's a useful tool.

Reliable neighbours and items I need are my priority, but, if a neighbour specifically asks (or I see in their name) that they need something from me then I will send that. I do try and help out 1 or 2 forum members at a time for building items (although I haven't had as much time to do so recently).

Yes and No - Depending on the event and how I am looking in the event. I don't use all 20 gifts for events, I still try and send out Fuel 20 and items during event, usually 10-15 items are sent out/returned during event.

As said previously it depends on whether they are gifting or bonafide games on their own, if the latter then treat it as a separate game/neighbour.

N/A

Only mentally and through the neighbours name (although that isn't as reliable as it once was)

Beneficial to see what neighbours need if you are sending out gifts, although I don't send out randomly anymore - I just return/send to those who gift to me as I have so many waiting. On a personal game note - I use f20/pass in my name so that neighbours can see my needs, in the hope that I get less items that I don't need.

My needs - I try and get the items through the forum, time frame depends on how urgent I require the building. Anyone who helps me I will try and maintain a gifting routine with them after they have helped. A neighbours needs - As said previously I try and help out 1 or 2 at a time, I do prioritise helping others with building need if they ask me to.

- How do new membership fit in?

Unfortunately it's difficult for new members to fit into my gifting due to my level and amount of neighbours. But, as said if they PM/tag me needs then I can see what they need, also if they send items then over time they would fit into my regular gifting roster, just don't expect a daily gift (harsh but unfortunately true).

On the whole it get's more and more difficult to help out and feel you are doing well by your neighbours the more you have, but, for things like launching and events having a large squad of neighbours is beneficial. Moving forward with AC, even if the amount of gifts was expanded to 30 a day it would definitely help the game grow as neighbours would be able to more reliably help each other out rather than being frustrated at the lack of progress made at times.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Great question and interesting answers...

Always top of my mind - this is a game. I try to remember to treat it as a game and not get too serious.
You spreadsheet crazy people are nuts :D:ROFLMAO:. I use the chaos system.

All my neighbors are from a forum. If I don't know you or you don't pm or tag me, the request is ignored for a few days then deleted.
It's hard to send something if I don't know what you need.
New members are welcome but I don't actively look for new neighbors. There are still quite a few seasoned members on this forum that aren't on my neighbor list. I have found most new players are gung ho until about level 30 (when the levels and stars start getting harder to achieve) and quit. If they PM me and add me as a neighbor, I accept the request and they fit in as below.

I glance through the daily gifts section of the forum and my gift list to send/return build items 1st. If you sent me a build item, it gets returned (hope it wasn't a finger slip).
Event items are 2nd.
If someone is in desperate need of repair/flight items 3rd.
Long standing friends that we have helped each other get 4th.
Neighbors that sent me a gift not listed above.
Anything left, I look at in-game names (now that appears to be working again).

If I am short on time, I'll send ear plugs or fuel catalyst to 20 of my neighbors (since I don't have fuel).
All the above is subject to change on a daily basis. :)

I don't like partnerships, if you need something, let me know and I'm glad to send it. I'm not looking for anything in return. I've found this method works great for me and I usually receive more gifts than I can return anyway.

Multiple Accounts - I have one support account - it can deliver fuel and has less than 20 active neighbors so gifting is easy.
Neighbors with multiple accounts fit in above. I'm never sure if it's just for support or you actively play all games.

df99

Last edited:
Well seems like you got many replies if you want to spend quite a bit of time each day gifting.
I prefer to use a quicker method as I do not always have time to do longer methods. I try and gift
the majority of my neighbors daily but am behind that for a couple reasons. I will answer your questions
from my perspective.

Do you differ between forum and non-forum neighbours?
I don't I had very few good neighbors before finding this site

Once I gained neighbors here I deleted all non forum neighbors.

Do you use a rotation or another type of system?
I use a rotation, basically the only thing I write down daily

is the name of the neighbor to start gifting with the next day.

Do you make partnerships for daily gifts?
Not really tough I might if someone floated the idea.

How do you feel about the return gift button?
I usually only use it when I see a neighbor needing a building gift

I no longer have. I find the gift they have that matches the building,
then tell them they can send me that and I'll return so they get what they need.

How do you prioritize your gifts?
I don't prioritize perse but will gift building and event needs first if

I see them listed.

Do you change strategy when an event occurs?
No but I do send neighbors wanting event items what I can

to match their needs.

How do you gift to players with multiple accounts.
For the most part I ignore them. However, if I have been

sending the same flight item for a while to a neighbor with multiples,
I on occasion glance at them to see if they need any building items mainly.

How do you gift with multiple accounts?
Well I just started a second mainly for the small item launches as you know.

I will eventually use that account to gift flight or event items. The goal will be to
get back where all my neighbors are gifted daily.

Do you keep track of gifting? And how?
No I do not I assume my neighbors are gifting me and I stay within

my rotation. Every so often I will write down the names of neighbors
I get gifts from, mainly to assure they did not stop playing.

How do you feel about items in game names?
I used to not like it but as it got more time consuming I started

using it. It really helps when you just don't have time to gift properly

How do momentary building needs fit in your system?
For items I need I usualy just list them in sig well in advance.

If it seems to be taking to long I will look for neighbors to message
about said gift.

How do new membership fit in?
I do not actively look for new neighbors but will accept if

they send a request and let me know about it.

So that is my basic idea of course it took longer than needed to write this.
It doesn't help when you hit post when your actually still going through the questions
then have to use edit to finish your post. o_O

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Damn, I read it as "item's ingame names"! Only after reading WP's answer I realized my mistake...

So about this - I think it's a very powerful tool. So powerful in fact that I wish that some times some neighbors would step over what's in my name and keep sending things further down my list. With eg. "FlHose" in my name getting 20 Fuel Hoses per day is great, but getting 18 Hoses and 2 Caterings would be even better. Especially from people that need catering themselves.so we could get to 1:1 routine which is the most convenient imho.

I'm not complaining. I can always stock up on 1 item and then change my name to the other. The only thing I am afraid is that each name change could be a risky operation and with enough of them I'll eventually trigger the "old game name + his version is outdated" bug.

Top Bottom