Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers and Protocol

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
What is the protocol for the following situations:

1) I started a Green Launch and noticed that one of my non-forum neighbours already had a launch going. With only 6 hours left there was only 232 points contributed. Is this person hoping for someone to join and finish the launch thereby taking first place?

2) Today I did another Green Launch and at the last minute one of my non-forum neighbours joined in and launched. They got third place for only 12 points. This is the second time they have done this.

3) How do you define a hijacker? I am assuming it is someone that steals first place? Or is it someone like situation #2. I would call that person a Freeloader.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
This is my rule also for launches I start.

My one rule If I join a launch, I won't pass the person that started the launch. Only exception is if they ask me too, it's almost expiring and we're not close, or a mistake (clicking before looking).
happened to me few times that i accidentally add more points then wanted to - I want to help as fastest I can and then mistakes occure

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
Sometimes I get off by a few points on my math and instead of being a couple of points behind the leader I end up a couple of points ahead. :oops:

Edit: Thankfully this has never occurred at the close of a launch and the leader has always been able to recover the lead.

Blue Skies

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Blue Skies
Username
Blue Skies
I agree with above mentioned protocol. The one to start a launch and puts up 576 points immediately ought to be allowed 1st position. This is especially true if he/she continues to place points up to around 1/2 total within an hour. The exception is when the clock is running out and a launch fail is about to happen or when invited to take 1st... Or when someone is using a QL.

The confusion I have... When a crew member is using a QL (or two), is it best to "point-up" quickly so the launch can happen and return to get more use out of the precious QL clock? As I see it, the one using a QL should be given respect with a quick launch. I don't want to overtake any position but I want to assist with a quick launch for the generous QL donator.

Please advise or help me if I'm wrong.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
It all makes it a little bit awkward that everyone has there own rules.

@GamingSwiftie, it took me awhile, but I finally worked out that positions 2&3 and 4&5 pay out the same, so if you jump 3rd into second or 5th into fourth, it doesn't matter too much.
I'm not sure about that. At first it seems that 2nd or 3rd reward the same chest (same goes for 4-5 and 6-7). I feel there is a difference when opening them. 2nd place yields more collection items to get the launch reward building.
e.g. In red launches the 1st place chest always gives 2 'seas', 2nd places gives a 'sea' and a launch prep collectible, 3rd place gives two launch prep collectibles...
Again, it feels this way, no hard data. But my feeling is pretty strong on this one...:p

Now, back on topic, hijackers!:ROFLMAO:

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I'm not sure about that. At first it seems that 2nd or 3rd reward the same chest (same goes for 4-5 and 6-7). I feel there is a difference when opening them. 2nd place yields more collection items to get the launch reward building.
e.g. In red launches the 1st place chest always gives 2 'seas', 2nd places gives a 'sea' and a launch prep collectible, 3rd place gives two launch prep collectibles...
Again, it feels this way, no hard data. But my feeling is pretty strong on this one...:p

Now, back on topic, hijackers!:ROFLMAO:
I'm not so sure, I sometimes open 5 silver chest for second place and don't get any "sea" item, sometimes I get 2 from bronze chests. I would not bet on difference between 2nd and 3rd. It's purely random, same as with all other things.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
RNG is a harsh mistress.
I don't think the game can even tell the difference, usually it's done that all items of one kind is just one item with a counter of how many of them. So in a stack of 100 chest there is absolutely no way to tell which ones came from 2nd and which from 3rd places.
Unless there are indeed 2 kinds of silver chests and they've did lots of work to deliberately trick us into thinking those are same.

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
I don't have any rules for launching. I don't care when someone overtakes me. I'll organise another launch... It's easy for me coz I've unlimited amount of fuel.
You read it correctly- UNLIMITED FUELS!!
Even if I miss top position sometimes.... I can recover in other launches... I only lack number of space collections....

Device
  1. Android
I don't have any rules for launching. I don't care when someone overtakes me. I'll organise another launch... It's easy for me coz I've unlimited amount of fuel.
Even if I miss top position sometimes.... I can recover in other launches... I only lack number of space collections....
You better edit your post.
Before "somebody" read it.
I understand what you mean, trust me.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Maybe this message should be transfered to another busy thread at the moment..........

gabii526

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
gabii526
Username
gabii526
Yes, it's good for you to have unlimited fuel, but others don't like hijacking and are playing together with rules, so all can earn token and fuel. You play also with high level players and you will loose the good players, they will delete you, first from the launch and next as neighbor. Then you can launch alone without rules.

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
Yes, it's good for you to have unlimited fuel, but others don't like hijacking and are playing together with rules, so all can earn token and fuel. You play also with high level players and you will loose the good players, they will delete you, first from the launch and next as neighbor. Then you can launch alone without rules.
I always go by rules... I don't like hijacking.... But if somebody does that to me.... I try to ignore it.... There will be more chances to rank high...
Sometimes mistakenly I've also overtaken other players....
And believe me it feel nothing short of embarrassment.

Blue Skies

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Blue Skies
Username
Blue Skies
I agree that accidentally overtaking another is embarrassing. I did it once, due to miscalculation, but I've never overtaken 1st position. I was just trying to help get a launch started when someone was using a precious QL. My apologies to the person I overtook 2nd or 3rd from.

Never overtake 1st unless the clock is about to expire or if invited to take 1st.

Top Bottom