Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hide the green arrow to upgrade

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I have a couple of buildings that I could upgrade but I am not interested in upgrading some of them for quite some time, others not at all like the duty free shop.
I'd like an option to check a box in the building somehow that says "Don't show the upgrade arrow" to make it easier to focus on what my strategy is. It would be espially useful on the Fuel Station where I sometimes forget to re-order fuel since it is "just another green arrow" instead of the snoozing arrow.
Besides, it would be helpful if the items needed for the next level would show when you click on the building. That way, it would be much easier to check which items are still needed before starting to build the building without checking the items list again and again.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
If everything in the game was straight forward and easy. GI would not make any money off you.

So far, I managed to get to where I am without spending real money. I see it as a challenge to see how far I'll get without it but I'll invest real money at some later stage. I see this merely as something making the game a bit more convenient and smooth to play.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I am happy that you find the game challenging and want to improve on existing items

but unfortunately when GI tries to improve things with new upgrades or fixes they have managed to cause new issues with the game because they do not go far enough in their live testing.

It is better for them oand us if they do not touch fixed or necessary airport buildings. Otherwise we may have problems with the way the buildings work.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Sounds like the way too much software is being produced - "client side testing". ;)
I'll live with what it is, my suggestions were merely ideas of how to make things easier but if that might cause bugs then better leave things as they are.
What's the purpose of this part of the forum then?

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Sounds like the way too much software is being produced - "client side testing". ;)
I'll live with what it is, my suggestions were merely ideas of how to make things easier but if that might cause bugs then better leave things as they are.
What's the purpose of this part of the forum then?

It is a section that people can make suggests and complaints which Road 404 (game inventor) a subcontractor of GI looks but does not necessary have to do anything with.
As one of the Road 404 game developers is a forum member. They are able to see what people say as GI may not always pass suggestions and complaints along.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Thanks. Then let's hope that they find the right balance between introducing improvements and avoiding new bugs as well as fixing old ones.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
I posted earlier with the same idea of eliminating the green arrows. Perhaps it's my OCD or maybe it's just the fact that I can't stand when a job isn't completed all the way and these green arrows annoy me. I also find that they get in the way of clicking on other buildings. Some of the feedback I've gotten from other forum members was to move these buildings to an area where the arrows don't interrupt other clicks. I've tried to do that and it helps but it still is annoying to me - just not enough to make me quit playing. (y)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I posted earlier with the same idea of eliminating the green arrows. Perhaps it's my OCD or maybe it's just the fact that I can't stand when a job isn't completed all the way and these green arrows annoy me. I also find that they get in the way of clicking on other buildings. Some of the feedback I've gotten from other forum members was to move these buildings to an area where the arrows don't interrupt other clicks. I've tried to do that and it helps but it still is annoying to me - just not enough to make me quit playing. (y)
You'll get used to it and will play like they don't exist - just put them in space where they will not interfere with your gameplay.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
just put them in space where they will not interfere with your gameplay.

That's not always so easy when you are a beginner and only slowly earning the money to allow yourself the luxury of space to move things around. My city is usually crammed with the things I need and I can only move things a bit when I buy another slice of land again.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I
That's not always so easy when you are a beginner and only slowly earning the money to allow yourself the luxury of space to move things around. My city is usually crammed with the things I need and I can only move things a bit when I buy another slice of land again.
I know (been there), also suggestion would be to either have some spare coins to put few buildings in the warehouse or have some free space (It will be of use during events where additional buildings are required)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'll live with the green arrows for now, it would just have been nice to have a way to hide them.
I deal with the game on a day by day basis and whenever something becomes available that I think helps me advancing, I'll check here to see what others have to say on it and then get it and so far, that worked pretty well. When I need additional buildings, I'll need to wait until I saved enough to buy more land or store buildings as you suggest but for now, I'll keep them producing since 70.000 for the next tower and 200.000 for the next terminal are on my priority list currently and I don't want to waste money on storage or land that I currently don't need.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
Besides, it would be helpful if the items needed for the next level would show when you click on the building. That way, it would be much easier to check which items are still needed before starting to build the building without checking the items list again and again.

You can check to see what items you need before building in game. In the store where you purchase your buildings, you will see an info button in the lower right corner (By the buy / use button). If you click that, it will tell you the items you need for the next upgrade for that particular building (Example, you're at level 6 Terminal, and want to upgrade to level 7. That building will be in your store with that info button).

It only shows the very next upgrade from the one you're at, but it still comes in handy. Or, you could go to the Wiki page also to scout ahead a bit.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
You can check to see what items you need before building in game. In the store where you purchase your buildings, you will see an info button in the lower right corner (By the buy / use button). If you click that, it will tell you the items you need for the next upgrade for that particular building (Example, you're at level 6 Terminal, and want to upgrade to level 7. That building will be in your store with that info button).

I know this. What I rather meant was to show which items are still lacking while I keep gathering them through flights or gifts from neighbours so that I do not need to check in my items list if I calculated correctly and can start building now or if I need to wait since too much is still missing. It would also help with updating my signature since I'd see at a glance what to put there without checking the items inventory.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I know this. What I rather meant was to show which items are still lacking while I keep gathering them through flights or gifts from neighbours so that I do not need to check in my items list if I calculated correctly and can start building now or if I need to wait since too much is still missing. It would also help with updating my signature since I'd see at a glance what to put there without checking the items inventory.
as @Ten33go said check wiki for needed items.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@Kesh - He's basically stating that he would "Like" to have something that told you how many items you have for that particular upgrade in your warehouse, instead of going into your warehouse and looking for how many of each item you currently have (Like how we used to know how many repair items we had before they got rid of that feature).

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Thats simple, when you need them you can't get one, when you complete it you don't know how to get rid of all extras.
(bad joke)
As most of us did keep your own tracking of all items manualy. I did a table and updated it on daily basis.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
As most of us did keep your own tracking of all items manualy. I did a table and updated it on daily basis.

That's how I do it as well - simply using my signature for that so that everyone (including myself ;) ) knows how many items I still need. But it has also happened that somehow, an item mysteriously disappeared again and I had to re-adjust it all.
Besides, I think that this is like stone age in a computer game that has all the data already, just no way of displaying them.
And yes, having that for repair items would be great as well. Odd that this seems to have existed and then disappeared.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
That's how I do it as well - simply using my signature for that so that everyone (including myself ;) ) knows how many items I still need. But it has also happened that somehow, an item mysteriously disappeared again and I had to re-adjust it all.
Besides, I think that this is like stone age in a computer game that has all the data already, just no way of displaying them.
And yes, having that for repair items would be great as well. Odd that this seems to have existed and then disappeared.

There are 3 ways your item list gets adjusted

1. Certain building items are linked to the upgrade. Once you have upgraded that item will disappear and new items for the next upgrade will appear on your item list.

2. Then there are temporary items that appear for a event quest then disappear once the event is done.

3. When a Major upgrade is done by GI, your item list gets rearranged again.

It is good idea to upgrade your items every 3 months as you never know when you will complete and upgrade or GI releases a major change.

Top Bottom