1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Help with flight maps

Discussion in 'Airport City News' started by Darren Hawken, 10 August 2018.

1. Darren Hawken

Darren Hawken VIP Flyer Active Member

iPad
    03erdmzb
    Sandown Air
    i have a load of flight maps to use

So for instance, flying to Bangalore for 3 Hours (I assume is a Turboprop Plane)

What is the best strategy for this

Thanks in advance

2. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    Get three hours where you can play fairly consistently. Make sure you have as much fuel in warehouse as possible and then go. Send them, speed them up and complete them. Having a sky captain or golden dice active helps with drop rates I think but I rarely use them and still do ok. If you are really stocked with fuel, use more than one plane.

Dafsade likes this.
  3. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    Look in the airport guides section of this forum. I am sure there is one telling you which plane you need for which flight.

4. Darren Hawken

iPad
    03erdmzb
    Sandown Air
    Thanks Disco

That is exactly what I wanted to here, glad the Sky Captain and Golden Dice are not imperative

Thanks for the advice

5. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    I am sure someone will say they make a massive difference, I don't have a lot of experience using them so couldn't say, like I say though, I'm doing ok without them.

p2p likes this.
  6. Darren Hawken

iPad
    03erdmzb
    Sandown Air
    Yeah read those, but just needed to find a good strategy

Might as well use those maps instead of storing them

7. Darren Hawken

iPad
    03erdmzb
    Sandown Air
    They probably help a little but nothing spectacular

8. Sky Captain won't help on maps like Bangalore where you are looking for drops. Only Golden Dice will help with that, and it doubles the drop rate. I would echo what has already been said about saving up loads of fuel and then going for it. Some users save up tens of thousands of units, then just sit there for 3 hours constantly speeding up the flights. As the flight is 3 hours and the map only lasts for 3 hours, you need to do this, or the maps become single-use.

Navigata07 and Disco like this.
  9. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    I tend to send out as many planes of the appropriate type as I have, and only speed up one of them for instant return. Then I try to accelerate the other planes so they return before the map-timing ends, so I can send them out again. Gives you a couple of extra flights for 'free'.

O, and when you start, it's a good time to put in some bonuses that will give you some extra cash, like Business Class and Sky Captain, since you'll be landing many flights.

Navigata07, Disco and A Merryflyer like this.
  10. Also as a golden dice, if you use it , is for 6 hours have a second map you can start straight away after assuming you have the fuel and passengers to do it. Flying 2 planes gives the impression of better drop rates than running just one.

Navigata07 and Disco like this.
  11. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    Thanks for the correction @Aardvark . Is the spy glass any use as that suggests improved drop rates for quest items? Are the space maps quests?

12. Darren Hawken

iPad
    03erdmzb
    Sandown Air
    Thanks for all for the advice

I now have a clearer picture of what to do

13. thenamescarter

thenamescarter Active Member

Android
    04b4mozo
    matt
    Also it's good if you have a golden key also.. -90% chance of plane break down. If you are constantly instantly completing flights the repairs can sometimes start stacking up.

I did a power run trying to get a lunar park before.
    Potsdam:
    8 mercury, 4 saturn, 7 neptune, 3 ceres, 8 pluto

Beverly Hills:
    3 helmet, 7 dress, 8 boots, 3 glasses, 4 collar

Gaslow:
    1 dance shoes, 3 moon boots, 1 3D printed, 2 smart cleats, 1 platform shoes.

that is all i got with 105 flights (jumbo) in 2 hours.

14540 fuel
    39900 passengers
    Bonuses: sky captain, business class, dice, golden dice, spy glass, family ticket, golden key, lucky cap, lucky clover, matryoska doll, wind charm, and 4 alarm clock.

I completely wiped out all my fuel and had to stop. I was just doing a map until I got 3 complete collections, moving on to the next when I did. I also started with the map I had the least of so down the road if I wanted to make more conservative runs I would have more maps to those destinations.

Jon Allen, Disco and nick6901 like this.
  14. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    That's pretty impressive with the amount of fuel you used.

15. thenamescarter

Android
    04b4mozo
    matt
    Thanks, I was kinda disappointed that i didn't get my lunar park especially cause I activated like every bonus that would benefit me in any way. Saving up fuel now to try and make the second half of the run to finally get my lunar park.

16. People have said it already but the Golden Dice will help. When I do the Green space maps I generally try to run about 100 flights to each destination while the Golden Dice is active. That means a ton of fuel and passengers to get the most use out of your map.

I haven’t been doing space maps for awhile but I (and others) posted a few things in another section of the forum around adventure maps. Lots of the same strategies apply here

17. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    You only need golden dice to improve drop rates. The others are pointless. Business class and sky captain will increase your income, which is nice while doing map flights

18. I think its not only about fuel and pax. You need lots lots of flight items (LL, SW, AR, etc) if you decide to run the space maps. And if you have the limit, you will know it.

19. thenamescarter

Android
    04b4mozo
    matt
    They all had a purpose.. more income, more xp, better drops in general, more passengers, more max passengers etc.. I figured I wouldn't be doing these runs often so might as well get the most bang for my buck.

p2p likes this.
  20. I did a tun to tenochituan yesterday. I only do 1 map per 6 hour dice. Got 68 drops from jets. Not bad as i kept being distracted. Golden dice of course.