1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Helicopters: Something Has To Change

Discussion in 'Airport City Feature Requests & Suggestions' started by Navigata07, 2 December 2018.

1. My biggest pet peeve with helicopters is the required items to fly. I’m currently flying to Aconcagua and the needed items is so ridiculous that it take me a few hours to build them before I can send it flying. So far, i can only do 1-2 per day and i’m 34/50 toward 2nd star. Still remain the 3rd star, then Stanley and Mont Blanc. It’s also unrealistic to need so much items.

Aviatrix, Navigata07 and TeresaLisboa like this.
  2. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    So I think the general consensus is the item requirement is just too much for too little gain. Maybe a simple reduction in required items (or get rid of an entire item tier) would address most of our problems.

3. Or keep the required items the same and stop changing them every damn flight!

Novice20171201 likes this.
  4. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    It would certainly help, but it's still a hefty price to pay per flight. Even if they only use one of each of the big items, I think that would be more than fair. Like one swivel, one radio, and one plate

5. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    Kind of off-topic, and of course I don't know the reason why people go for blue launches, but in my experience there are more daily blue launches than daily red launches. I tend to switch between blues and reds, but finding an appropriate red always takes me more time than a blue.

6. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    It might be because it's more manageable to make 10k coins, but most of the veteran players aren't interested in blue launches. Even red launches aren't as popular without a QL being involved. Also, most vets have their private launch groups that they launch with. I'm the only one as far as I know that has a public red launch group going on.

7. Marve

Marve 500+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Android
    04i90i30
    Marve
    RicoB92 likes this.
  8. ArGi1981

ArGi1981 Active Member

Android
    04gdf349
    ArGi1981
    Is that assuming all veteran players are with this forum?

9. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Only referring to those in the forum, as most forum members ensure that nearly all their neighbors are from the forum as well. Of course it's understood that there is a large world out there.

10. RicoB92

RicoB92 350+ Star Club Active Member

iPhone
    Mrricob992
    A A EarplugF20
    I still fly the blue ones though. Need to get that monument 1 time so I have 6/6. When done, blue is over for me and I will stick on greens and reds.

Whoa kind a thing you worked out mate, great! Gonna work things out myself to get knowledge what I still need, so I can prepare it all this weekend! Thanks a lot!!!

11. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

iPhone
    037t2kax
    I use the Training Flight to get swift “Speed Flights Up with Fuel” on daily challenges. Apart from that they’re irrelevant.

12. I just have fun with helicopters. Something to do while waiting for planes to land. I only send out a couple of goldfinches per day, but enjoy planning and getting the resources needed. I look at them the same as the side quests in the game with no need to finish right away. I've 3-starred the crossbill and sparrow destinations, and now playing with the goldfinches. And I also use the training flight for daily missions to send/complete 40 flights, and occasionally "speed flights with fuel". I think they were a good addition to the game and look forward to more destinations and larger helicopters. Unfortunately, I will have to buy more land if we need more buildings and landing pads, but that will come in time.

Last edited: 9 December 2018 at 15:31
    Mouse, Aviatrix and Jon Allen like this.
  13. I think I’m in a minority - I like the helicopters :ROFLMAO:

They have been a very good source of flight items.

I have many bonus buildings from them - so I have reduced the amount of coin buildings and used lots of bonus coin producers from heli flights to keep the coins rolling in.

All I do is try to keep plenty of stock of heli flight items in and now just send them out occasionally- I 3 starred them long ago but they come in usefully for daily flight tasks and on recent quests where we needed lots of OB’s I collected some from heli flights.

Yes they do cost - but so does everything else in the game.

Mouse likes this.
  14. Navigata07

Top Monthly Post Winner

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    Yes thats why I said "except for those seeking monuments". People do greens for QLs and people do reds for money and gold tokens