Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Helicopters: Something Has To Change

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think most of us have all but abandoned the helis that so many people requested. Clearly they need a re-vamp, and some significant changes. Besides the "ease of getting stars" (which I don't really care about), what are some suggestions from you all in terms of making helicopters fun and viable again?

My biggest pet peeve with helicopters is the required items to fly. I’m currently flying to Aconcagua and the needed items is so ridiculous that it take me a few hours to build them before I can send it flying. So far, i can only do 1-2 per day and i’m 34/50 toward 2nd star. Still remain the 3rd star, then Stanley and Mont Blanc. It’s also unrealistic to need so much items.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
My biggest pet peeve with helicopters is the required items to fly. I’m currently flying to Aconcagua and the needed items is so ridiculous that it take me a few hours to build them before I can send it flying. So far, i can only do 1-2 per day and i’m 34/50 toward 2nd star. Still remain the 3rd star, then Stanley and Mont Blanc. It’s also unrealistic to need so much items.
So I think the general consensus is the item requirement is just too much for too little gain. Maybe a simple reduction in required items (or get rid of an entire item tier) would address most of our problems.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Or keep the required items the same and stop changing them every damn flight!
It would certainly help, but it's still a hefty price to pay per flight. Even if they only use one of each of the big items, I think that would be more than fair. Like one swivel, one radio, and one plate

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Kind of like how the blue launch is a part of the "It Came From Outer Space" event. Most people don't do blue launches anymore unless they are after space monuments.
Kind of off-topic, and of course I don't know the reason why people go for blue launches, but in my experience there are more daily blue launches than daily red launches. I tend to switch between blues and reds, but finding an appropriate red always takes me more time than a blue.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Kind of off-topic, and of course I don't know the reason why people go for blue launches, but in my experience there are more daily blue launches than daily red launches. I tend to switch between blues and reds, but finding an appropriate red always takes me more time than a blue.
It might be because it's more manageable to make 10k coins, but most of the veteran players aren't interested in blue launches. Even red launches aren't as popular without a QL being involved. Also, most vets have their private launch groups that they launch with. I'm the only one as far as I know that has a public red launch group going on.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
It might be because it's more manageable to make 10k coins, but most of the veteran players aren't interested in blue launches. Even red launches aren't as popular without a QL being involved. Also, most vets have their private launch groups that they launch with. I'm the only one as far as I know that has a public red launch group going on.
Is that assuming all veteran players are with this forum?

RicoB92

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mrricob992
Username
A A EarplugF20
I still fly the blue ones though. Need to get that monument 1 time so I have 6/6. When done, blue is over for me and I will stick on greens and reds.

If you want to know how item you will need for Heli try my post #19 in https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/helicopter-profitability-study.21257/
@RicoB92
Whoa kind a thing you worked out mate, great! Gonna work things out myself to get knowledge what I still need, so I can prepare it all this weekend! Thanks a lot!!!

I just have fun with helicopters. Something to do while waiting for planes to land. I only send out a couple of goldfinches per day, but enjoy planning and getting the resources needed. I look at them the same as the side quests in the game with no need to finish right away. I've 3-starred the crossbill and sparrow destinations, and now playing with the goldfinches. And I also use the training flight for daily missions to send/complete 40 flights, and occasionally "speed flights with fuel". I think they were a good addition to the game and look forward to more destinations and larger helicopters. Unfortunately, I will have to buy more land if we need more buildings and landing pads, but that will come in time.

Last edited:
I think I’m in a minority - I like the helicopters :ROFLMAO:

They have been a very good source of flight items.

I have many bonus buildings from them - so I have reduced the amount of coin buildings and used lots of bonus coin producers from heli flights to keep the coins rolling in.

All I do is try to keep plenty of stock of heli flight items in and now just send them out occasionally- I 3 starred them long ago but they come in usefully for daily flight tasks and on recent quests where we needed lots of OB’s I collected some from heli flights.

Yes they do cost - but so does everything else in the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I still fly the blue ones though. Need to get that monument 1 time so I have 6/6. When done, blue is over for me and I will stick on greens and reds.

Whoa kind a thing you worked out mate, great! Gonna work things out myself to get knowledge what I still need, so I can prepare it all this weekend! Thanks a lot!!!
Yes thats why I said "except for those seeking monuments". People do greens for QLs and people do reds for money and gold tokens

Top Bottom