Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Helicopter Helicopters is a loosing money activity

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Just made some calculations, and astonishingly found out that helicopters activities are usually causing me to lose money.

I've created excel sheet with calculations, which demonstrates the following income by destinations:

training -5
yellowstone 15
lake baikal 5
snowdonia 5
fiordland 10
banff 5
Iguazu Falls -48
Angel falls -95
Victoria falls -76
Niagara -98
Rideau falls -175

For myself... I am suspending my helicopters business.

Any other thoughts?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Simple mathematics.

Example1:
Flight to Fiordland needs 2 can (x20 coins) + 2 gear (x15 coins) + 5 fuel (approx 3 coins each). Total cost of 85 coins. reward is 95 coins. therefore profit is 10 coins.

Example 2:
Flight to Rideau falls needs 2 valve(x25 coins) + 7 cone (x30 coins) + 10 drive (x42 coins) + 8 fuel (x 3 coins). Total cost of 704 coins. reward is 529 coins. therefore loss is 175 coins.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Just made some calculations, and astonishingly found out that helicopters activities are usually causing me to lose money.

I've created excel sheet with calculations, which demonstrates the following income by destinations:

training -5
yellowstone 15
lake baikal 5
snowdonia 5
fiordland 10
banff 5
Iguazu Falls -48
Angel falls -95
Victoria falls -76
Niagara -98
Rideau falls -175

For myself... I am suspending my helicopters business.

Any other thoughts?

I have not even started helicopter ! I just took the free land expansion and I didn't build anything about helicopters :D !
At the begining because it was too complicated for me (I just started playing AC), and then because a lot of people said that helicopters do not Worth it !

hannoverfan

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20yowov2
Username
96fan
I have not even started helicopter ! I just took the free land expansion and I didn't build anything about helicopters :D !
At the begining because it was too complicated for me (I just started playing AC), and then because a lot of people said that helicopters do not Worth it !

I should have done that too. Unfortunately, you can no longer sell H-Terminal, command center and repair shop.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L

Any other thoughts?
What about plane flights? Have you already discovered that they bring so little money they're "not worth bothering"? : )
To get coins, you do collections and space flights. You then spend those coins on flying.
I have an account that doesn't do anything but visit friend's Planetariums. It's doing pretty well, lvl 50+. It doesn't have millions of coins - but it could afford MCC3 and red pad without problems.

Bottom line is: flying is optional activity, you don't need it at all. Helicopters are no different here, and it looks like they were never meant as stand-alone activity (but as support for planes).

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
What about plane flights? Have you already discovered that they bring so little money they're "not worth bothering"? : )
To get coins, you do collections and space flights. You then spend those coins on flying.
I have an account that doesn't do anything but visit friend's Planetariums. It's doing pretty well, lvl 50+. It doesn't have millions of coins - but it could afford MCC3 and red pad without problems.

Bottom line is: flying is optional activity, you don't need it at all. Helicopters are no different here, and it looks like they were never meant as stand-alone activity (but as support for planes).

It is Strange that flying (planes) is optional in a game named "Airport City" ! ah ah !
I have always thought that it is weird that we do space launches in a civil Airport... (actually, it doesn't exist in real life).

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

It seems to me for a long time that the monetary side of the game is awkward and need a deep rethinking.
Even in a game an activity should be profitable. It makes the game less good and less fun.

Top Bottom