Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Helicopters are here - Possible bugs and improvements.

Ive just started noticing that in the last hour. Also clicking on space launch only seems to affect when I enter the game after reopening it., otherwise the space launch window doesn’t open Everything else works ok wherever I click.

Thank goodness others are being affected. I have been having problems for the last 8 hours :(

Regards
Harcourt

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I have had a space flight just return and when i clicked on the parachute nothing happened, tried on both android and windows machine. Same thing. Clicked lots of times. parachute disappears and appears to have moved to warehouse automatically, I assume!
Same thing has just happened to me. Just finished a green space flight but I cannot "complete" - click the button and nothing happens. :(:confused::eek:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
I have noticed that there seems to be a glitch with bonus passengers when you have a tree/small lake/monument next to a residential building. Normally, this would give you a 5% passenger bonus.

However.....

- If you have a tree/small lake/angel monument next to a Townhouse, you get 8 passengers plus 10 bonus passengers
- If you have a tree/small lake/angel monument next to a Mansion, you get 18 passengers plus 35 bonus passengers
- If you have a tree/small lake/angel monument next to a Smart House, you get 18 passengers plus 118 bonus passengers

I've not checked the bonus passengers for any other residential buildings

Bummed on the upgrade method. Thought great, I'll upgrade and keep making components ala repair hangar. Nope, blocked until I get 4 new items by clicking on neighbors... pending the daily reset.

Also, I only got 2 video options all day. Wonder what that's about.
-t

I only got two videos on my main game as well. I did get the usual videos on my support games however - very odd. Anybody else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Free2Play - I would be very interested to know when the idea of introducing, helicopters to the game of Airport City, was first thought of or first proposed? Also, how long it has taken to reach this point in the process, where it is ready to be implemented across all platforms?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Free2Play - I would be very interested to know when the idea of introducing, helicopters to the game of Airport City, was first thought of or first proposed? Also, how long it has taken to reach this point in the process, where it is ready to be implemented across all platforms?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Hey,
the idea to introduce helicopters with some kind of unique gameplay has been around for many years.
We did the preliminary game design stage during July and August. How it should be played in general, what kind of goals will it help to achieve and how will it fit and co-exist with all the existing things. And, of course, Airport City is 2.5D game while the helicopters had to fly in 3D for the whole thing to look good, a major tech challenge. The development part — the coding, the art, the quests, and the numbers behind it all — were done in September through late November, right up to release.

But, as always, there's never quite enough time to polish things before release.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Hey,
the idea to introduce helicopters with some kind of unique gameplay has been around for many years.
We did the preliminary game design stage during July and August. How it should be played in general, what kind of goals will it help to achieve and how will it fit and co-exist with all the existing things. And, of course, Airport City is 2.5D game while the helicopters had to fly in 3D for the whole thing to look good, a major tech challenge. The development part — the coding, the art, the quests, and the numbers behind it all — were done in September through late November, right up to release.

But, as always, there's never quite enough time to polish things before release.
I must say, bugs and other future improvements aside, I think the gameplay of the helicopters is a great addition to the game; it is much more interactive than the regular flights (shorter flights, more manual 'labor' to be able to send the helicopters off by creating the fuel and components) and therefore offers a new dimension to the game. Well done :)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hey,

Many thanks for your reply, I very much enjoyed reading through it. The game of Airport City really did, in all honesty, need a strong injection in the arm, so to speak, and this is the way forward. Helicopters are the next logical step forward, after planes.

Perhaps sometime in the near future, you will think about adding off shore oil drilling rigs and oil rig workers to the game of Airport City. If you will permit me, here is a thread www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-oil-industry-a-proposed-new-game-feature.18259/

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom