Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Helicopters Are Coming

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Loving the helicopters, and working through all the new stuff to build - sure some of it will become clearer as I get going. Building some level 2 helicopter bits and need to collect from neighbours cities to finish it, visited 2 neighbours and nothing but fuel from clicking on their helicopter stuff - which buildings do I need to click to collect the stuff to complete mine?

Free2Play - helicopters are a great addition, keep it coming!

If you read GT City excellent guide, you will find it drops from odd number plane hangers. I got about 3 items the first time I tried.

volly

150+ Star Club
My thoughts on the Helicopter update:
  1. First - I LOVE IT. It is lots of fun and easy to do. I really like the way that low level players are thought of but at the same time higher level players can have fun as well
  2. H fuel - yes you have to keep doing that manually to get the additional fuel. Maybe in the future a building will be added to do that automatically.
  3. Resource base - I like it but for one small thing - The ONLY way to know how much I have is to back out of the resource base, go to my warehouse, then search for said item. That is a bit annoying. Is it possible to simply have a number added to each of the 4 items you can produce telling you how many you already have on hand? That small change would be really handy.
  4. Mechanical Plant - same as the Resource base. A number telling you what you already have on hand would be helpful.
  5. For both the Resource Base and the Mechanical plant - a max of 9 items is all you can have in the box. Be mindful of that.
  6. (Edit 12/10/2017) Meteorological Lab - for me it is pretty much worthless (due to my current playing style). When you have a large amount of neighbors you get all this stuff for free so why go through all the trouble? I can see however for folks who do not have a large group of neighbors it can help. And the number of items you have for each would be helpful here as well. If you play differently than me this building can be quite handy. (Thank you Pit1024! :) )
  7. Buildings that give tourist - if a neighbor helps you there, you get regular passengers and not tourist. Be more helpful to get tourist seeing that is what those buildings supply the first place.
  8. Building up supplies - I'm doing this first before I start doing a bunch of flights.
  9. H fuel - if you say have 195 fuel and you do the 10 minute cycle - you can't go over 200 fuel. You can go over the limit on tourist. Why can't I go over on H fuel? I can do it regular fuel as well. That is a bit annoying.
Overall - a big thumbs up! (y)

Last edited:
  1. Meteorological Lab - for me it is pretty much worthless. When you have a large amount of neighbors you get all this stuff for free so why go through all the trouble? I can see however for folks who do not have a large group of neighbors it can help.
While I agree with most of your thoughts, I completely disagree here. I could now resign from the weather ring I'm in and can join another fuel ring instead. The number of gifts is a limited resource (even if you run few support accounts) so it is always good if you don't use it for everything. For me it is extremely important to have supply on flight items and fuel so any alternative source of bad weather items is gladly welcome.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
While I agree with most of your thoughts, I completely disagree here. I could now resign from the weather ring I'm in and can join another fuel ring instead. The number of gifts is a limited resource (even if you run few support accounts) so it is always good if you don't use it for everything. For me it is extremely important to have supply on flight items and fuel so any alternative source of bad weather items is gladly welcome.
Also, if I happen to be out of a particular bad weather item I can make it in 10 minutes.

2 things i found check the attached screenshot
bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

Last edited:
  1. First - I LOVE IT. It is lots of fun and easy to do. I really like the way that low level players are thought of but at the same time higher level players can have fun as well
  2. H fuel - yes you have to keep doing that manually to get the additional fuel. Maybe in the future a building will be added to do that automatically.
  3. Resource base - I like it but for one small thing - The ONLY way to know how much I have is to back out of the resource base, go to my warehouse, then search for said item. That is a bit annoying. Is it possible to simply have a number added to each of the 4 items you can produce telling you how many you already have on hand? That small change would be really handy.
  4. Mechanical Plant - same as the Resource base. A number telling you what you already have on hand would be helpful.
  5. For both the Resource Base and the Mechanical plant - a max of 9 items is all you can have in the box. Be mindful of that.
  6. Meteorological Lab - for me it is pretty much worthless. When you have a large amount of neighbors you get all this stuff for free so why go through all the trouble? I can see however for folks who do not have a large group of neighbors it can help. And the number of items you have for each would be helpful here as well
  7. Buildings that give tourist - if a neighbor helps you there, you get regular passengers and not tourist. Be more helpful to get tourist seeing that is what those buildings supply the first place.
  8. Building up supplies - I'm doing this first before I start doing a bunch of flights.
  9. H fuel - if you say have 195 fuel and you do the 10 minute cycle - you can't go over 200 fuel. You can go over the limit on tourist. Why can't I go over on H fuel? I can do it regular fuel as well. That is a bit annoying.
Overall - a big thumbs up! (y)
Absolutely agree with Pit1024. Any item I can stockpile myself allows me one extra gift elsewhere. I’m not in a weather ring, but built stocks early. I don’t even notice weather issues anymore except that sometimes a flight costs a little extra fuel.

volly

150+ Star Club
You have a valid point that i did not consider. I will edit my above post to include what you said. Thank you for setting me straight.
:)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04xvr12e
Username
AceGG
Would a Dice help with the item drops from heli flights? Or do we need to use the Golden dice? Still not clear to me :(

In my case the drop rate is really bad, so I'm considering....
Thanks!

Would a Dice help with the item drops from heli flights? Or do we need to use the Golden dice? Still not clear to me :(

Thanks!
Dont use any bonuses just keep flying after 1st star the drop is good and you will get the reward building.
If you want more of these reward buildings just keep flying.

Thanks!
collectible items always golden dice is good (when you active maps)
Drop from normal flights as you want from Heli use the Dice.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
So what you're saying is in this case golden dice is the bonus to use to get the items needed for heli collections, right?
Yes, that's right.
The only time that may not be the case is if you have a quest to collect that collection, in which case it probably wouldn't work and the Spyglass may be better. Exactly what does or doesn't count as a quest is sometimes unclear to me.

Winitall63

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Winitall63
Username
Winitall63
I am enjoying the heli update generally. It is rather time consuming though and I fear it might interrupt some of my progress toward long term goals :ROFLMAO: I find myself spending time tapping production buildings and fuel non stop! I am currently holding flights until the known bug about stars is resolved. All in all I think it is an improvement to AC, well done Free2Play and GI (y)

Top Bottom