Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Guide to Writing on the Wall Collection (March 2016)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
The March 2016 update also brings us a new collection:

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

There are six new Falcon destinations that require maps:
Excavation Map Set: Mesopotamia (seldom)
Assur: drops Clay Slab (seldom)
Lagash: drops Reed Straw (seldom)
Nineveh: drops Clay Token (seldom)
Ur: drops Cylinder Seal (seldom)
Babylon: drops Ideogram (seldom)
FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Each flight is 100-200-400 for stars.

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Every time you complete you get a Large Bronze Chest.
Collect six times and get Tower of Babel.

Duke's Airship will sell the maps. Until then, you can buy an Excavation Map Set containing 20 maps for five bank notes.

Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Just completed 160 flights to Excavations: Mesopotamia. With a Dice bonus I got 28 drops. The maps broke down as follows:
Assur: 5
Babylon: 5
Lagash: 4
Nineveh: 7
Ur: 7​
Tomorrow I'll start flying to Nineveh or Ur.
UPDATE: My family is coming to visit for a long weekend so I'll continue to fly to Excavations until Monday.
Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:
Just completed 160 flights to Excavations: Mesopotamia. With a Dice bonus I got 28 drops. The maps broke down as follows:
Assur: 5
Babylon: 5
Lagash: 4
Nineveh: 7
Ur: 7​
Tomorrow I'll start flying to Nineveh or Ur.
Cheers,
Tom
I use dice, spyglass and sky captain for excavations and get good drops. Is taking forever to work through the flights though as I don't want to waste loads of fuel when there are plenty of excavations and therefore maps to get.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I'm using slightly different strategy - I have 12 planes of same kind and when i'm planning to fly to one of adventure destination, in the evening prior to go to sleep, send all planes to destination I need map drops. Then in the morning add bonuses, collect from planes, then activate map and send planes there. This way I got decent drops as bonuses are active and I don't spend bonuses exclusively for map search.

I'm using slightly different strategy - I have 12 planes of same kind and when i'm planning to fly to one of adventure destination, in the evening prior to go to sleep, send all planes to destination I need map drops. Then in the morning add bonuses, collect from planes, then activate map and send planes there. This way I got decent drops as bonuses are active and I don't spend bonuses exclusively for map search.
Except you want golden dice for map destinations, not for excavations, at least in my recent experience with falcon excavations. I can't remember what I used for the rest. I send out 50 or more flights to excavations during the 6 hour window of the dice and spyglass using a vintage weather vane to speed up and sometimes catalysts if I can be bothered.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Except you want golden dice for map destinations, not for excavations, at least in my recent experience with falcon excavations. I can't remember what I used for the rest. I send out 50 or more flights to excavations during the 6 hour window of the dice and spyglass using a vintage weather vane to speed up and sometimes catalysts if I can be bothered.
Actualy if I can I use both dice and golden dice along with spy glass and sky capt. + weathervane for speed up - this way i get one extra round for one map, 2 with jetpack (talking about regular planes) - as i'm flying jumbos so they can be repaired with items. Maybe later i'll switch to faster planes to get maybe one more extra round as repair cost are the same for any speed type.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Today I flew 29 Falcons to Ur using one map, a Vintage Weathervane and a Secret Faucet. With a Golden Dice bonus I got eleven drops. Five planes needed repair.
I have eight maps to Assur, Babylon and Nineveh; later in the week I fly to one of those. Lagash, with only five maps, will be my last.
Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Bad day flying to Assur. I blame TSA.
22 landings and five Falcons needed repair. Only three drops, which means I need to return tomorrow. Used the typical VW, SF and GD bonuses.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Better day flying to Assur. I must have gotten a TSA pre-approved checkmark.
28 landings and five Falcons needed repair. But I got seven drops, which means I can move on to another city.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Babylon. Lovely city and a great song by David Gray. (Whatever happened to the city and David Gray?)
29 landings and the last one got me my sixth drop. Six planes needed repair.
Tomorrow to Nineveh.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Nineveh, an ancient Assyrian city of Upper Mesopotamia, located in modern-day northern Iraq. 24 landings, seven drops, three repairs.
Tomorrow on to Lagash, an ancient city located northwest of the junction of the Euphrates and Tigris rivers and east of Uruk, about 22 kilometres. And me without a current passport.
If I get six Reed Straw drops I earn the Tower of Babel, which, by the way, is not where the babel fish is kept. The babel fish, as I'm sure you know, is a fictitious alien fish that performs instant translations (according to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
After 15 Lagash landings I had five Reed Straws; needed one more. 25 landings later -- on the last one -- the sixth Reed Straw dropped. And that was after the Golden Dice bonus expired. Whew!
40 total landings. Six drops. Three Falcons in for repairs.
The Tower of Babel is now mine. Mhwahahahhahahahahah! Well, after it completes in four days.
Now to figure out what to do next.
Cheers,
Tom

Top Bottom