Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Guide to Apogee (Green) Destinations

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Today I finally started this quest. I had been flying ten Jumbos to get more 100+ passenger Luna Parks. Those 13-hour maps are a real grind. The drops, even with a Golden Dice were poor ... but I did get enough to add one more Luna Park. I sold ten Jumbos and bought ten Turboprops. Here's what happened with two Edmonton maps:
  • Using a Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet and a Golden Dice, I landed 42 Edmonton flights and got 19 drops.
  • Using no bonuses, I landed ten Edmonton flights and got four drops.
  • All in all I earned three Astronaut First Aid Kits with a 3-4-4-5-7 drop ratio.
My current map count is 15 Edmonton, eleven Berkeley, ten Novosibirsk, eight Bangalore and five Perth.
Tomorrow I fly to Berkeley hoping to earn three Gravitational Lenses.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Here's what happened with two Berkeley maps today:
  • Using a Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet and a Golden Dice, I landed 48 Berkeley flights and got 15 drops.
  • Using no bonuses, I landed two Berkeley flights and got four drops.
  • All in all I earned two Gravitational Lenses with a 3-4-3-3-2 drop ratio.
My current map count is 15 Edmonton, nine Berkeley, ten Novosibirsk, eight Bangalore and five Perth.
Tomorrow I fly again to Berkeley hoping to earn one more Gravitational Lens.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Once more to Berkeley in search of the third Gravitational Lens. I only had to use one map:
  • Using a Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet and a Golden Dice, I landed 28 Berkeley flights and got ten drops, including another Gravitational Lens.
Since my three bonuses were still active, I used a Novosibirsk map:
  • I landed 23 Novosibirsk flights and got seven drops for a 1-0-3-1-2 drop count.
Tomorrow I fly again to Novosibirsk hoping to make my count at least 3-3-3-3-3.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Here's what happened with two Novosibirsk maps today:
  • Using a Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet and a Golden Dice, I landed 52 flights and got 22 drops.
  • Using no bonuses, I landed four flights and got one drop.
  • All in all I earned the three Safety Tethers I needed.
Tomorrow I fly to Bangalore looking to earn three Life Insurance.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Today was Bangalore.
The good news is that I landed 51 planes with two maps and the Secret Faucet, Vintage Weathervane and Golden Dice bonuses. Those flights dropped 28 items, enough for me to earn four of the Life Insurance. I also landed four planes without any bonuses and got zero drops.
The bad news is that I've run out of Landing Lamps. Without those I can't fly to Perth, the last destination ... and the one where I only have five maps. So I'm putting this quest on hold until I can stock up on Landing Lamps. I don't want to sell my Turboprops and buy planes necessary for other quests so I'll wait.
Cheers,
Tom

Today was Bangalore.
The good news is that I landed 51 planes with two maps and the Secret Faucet, Vintage Weathervane and Golden Dice bonuses. Those flights dropped 28 items, enough for me to earn four of the Life Insurance. I also landed four planes without any bonuses and got zero drops.
The bad news is that I've run out of Landing Lamps. Without those I can't fly to Perth, the last destination ... and the one where I only have five maps. So I'm putting this quest on hold until I can stock up on Landing Lamps. I don't want to sell my Turboprops and buy planes necessary for other quests so I'll wait.
Cheers,
Tom
I did this a long time ago and Sky Captain and golden dice and a lot of luck was the only way, like the luna parks. Thankfully the prize is totally useless so just do the stars.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Tah-dah!
The Abandoned Spaceport is mine. Well, it will be in ten days.
Thanks to my good neighbors, my Landing Lamp supply was enough for me to use a map to Perth. With one map, Golden Dice, Vintage Weathervane and Secret Faucet -- and by using Fuel Catalysts -- I was able to land 33 flights and get 16 drops ... enough to earn the reward building as well as three Quantum Leap bonuses.
I still need stars for these five destinations but I will wait until my Landing Lamp supply increases further. That will take a while.
In the meantime, I'll sell my Turboprops and use my Reserve Hangar Falcons to fly to Excavations: Mesopotamia.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom @greensmith,

I haven't attempted the "new" apogee maps as I am still focusing on Falcon maps at the moment.

From what I have read in this thread:
  • 2 or 3 maps to each destination with a couple of bonuses would probably suffice?
  • And to 3-star each destination requires 92 x 5 landing lamps?
  • 2 weeks of flying would be sufficient?
Bali Hi only have 300+ landing lamps in stock, so let's continue to exchange Landing Lamps.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Tom @greensmith,

I haven't attempted the "new" apogee maps as I am still focusing on Falcon maps at the moment.

From what I have read in this thread:
  • 2 or 3 maps to each destination with a couple of bonuses would probably suffice?
  • And to 3-star each destination requires 92 x 5 landing lamps?
  • 2 weeks of flying would be sufficient?
Bali Hi only have 300+ landing lamps in stock, so let's continue to exchange Landing Lamps.
Math is very simple - for one flight with normal plane you need 17 fuel and 38 passengers. If you have 12 turboprops and you plan to use them all, you need (96) per destination 3648 passengers (912 per map) and 1632 fuel (408 per map). With 1 map without maps prolongation - 3 hour, with vintage weathervane you can do 2 rounds (24 flights) - so you will need 4 maps of each - you can do 2 maps per 1 weathervane so you'll need 10 in total for all 5 destinations.
And of course equivalent of landing lamps for all 5 destinations.
Other issue is 6 spaceports - drops are very seldom and with few bonuses active you can get around 3 spaceport with 92 flights - luck is playing it's part on this as there is always one item that is not dropping on same frequency.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
As usual a brilliant guide.
However how do I do the flights? Do I need to activate the map first then the destinations will appear with with the plane?
I have a few yellow and blue maps from launches (Chichen Itza & Quetzalcoati for yellow, and Bangalore, Berkeley, Edmonton and Novosibirsk for blue) but no flights.

Kendra

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047yjzfv
Username
Kendra
@must_dash Yes, you need to activate the map and then the flight will appear in your flights tab. But be prepared! Know which planes you need and what additional items are necessary. Have fuel and pax ready! I had a ton of excess fuel so I activated the Alexandria map recently, not realizing you needed Additional Radars for the fight! Ended up having to waste greenies and buy a bunch of them:(

I've only recently started using the maps. There's a lot info on this forum to help you prepare. Which map are you thinking of using?

Personally, I think gifting landing lamps is usually a waste of a gift. Flying TPs to Turkish Coast gives a lamp 100% of the time. It's a rare given in this game. Flight is 60 min and most people here are on the game longer than that each day, or check in at least several times a day. I usually run one or 2 to there constantly while nothing else important is happening (sometimes switching to Malta and Bali to pick up a crest for spyglass). Landing Lamps stock up in no time allowing more useful gifts to be sent.

Kendra

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047yjzfv
Username
Kendra
Good advice though, Bob.

I also wouldn't tie up *all* my planes flying to one of these destinations. Instead, use one or two planes and just speed them up with fuel. Especially with some of the 17 hour flights. If you make all your planes Jumbos and send them all on a 17 hour excursion, your pax carried numbers are going to be hurting. Plus, who has that kind of patience??? lol

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
@must_dash Yes, you need to activate the map and then the flight will appear in your flights tab. But be prepared! Know which planes you need and what additional items are necessary. Have fuel and pax ready! I had a ton of excess fuel so I activated the Alexandria map recently, not realizing you needed Additional Radars for the fight! Ended up having to waste greenies and buy a bunch of them:(

I've only recently started using the maps. There's a lot info on this forum to help you prepare. Which map are you thinking of using?
I have a chichen Ltza and Quetzalcoatl for the T/props. Just stared all the T/prop destinations so though I'd have a play before changing them and before Valentine event. They'll spend the next week doing Turkish coast for lamps.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
As usual a brilliant guide.
However how do I do the flights? Do I need to activate the map first then the destinations will appear with with the plane?
I have a few yellow and blue maps from launches (Chichen Itza & Quetzalcoati for yellow, and Bangalore, Berkeley, Edmonton and Novosibirsk for blue) but no flights.
Let's first separate maps.
1. yellow maps you mentioned (Chichen Itza and Quetz) are maps you got for flying to mesoamerica - they are part of collection needed for adventure building and they have nothing with space launches of any color - those maps (set of 5) i think need jets (machu pichu and tollan need turboprop).Each destination can drop only 1 item specific for that map. With all 5 maps and 5 items (1 from each map) you get 1 collection which gives you bronze chest. 6 of each collection will give you adventure building.
2. other set of maps (light green) are maps you got for taking 1st place in green launch - those maps require turboprop and landing lamp - from each map you can get set of 5 items for one collection. For 1 collection from all 5 maps you'll get QL.

Top Bottom