Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Goldfinch Helicopter Guide

upload_2017-12-21_18-29-13.png

For those of you who have already mastered flights to the national parks and the waterfalls, and for those who have left a piece of their heart in the mountains — we present you the Goldfinch Helicopter!

Goldfinch Helicopter is available for all players from level 35.
25446041_2011049835588893_6371940711404737759_n.png

Goldfinch Helicopter

Available models

Goldfinch
25442759_2008893282471215_2587533934249378663_n.png

Goldfinch

• Available for purchase at the Store from level 35;
  • Price: 88000 coins;
  • Capacity: 9 tourists.

Of course, there are also versions of helicopters that offer increased speed.

Goldfinch S1
25398616_2008894349137775_6838986829387233625_n.png

Goldfinch S1

• Available for purchase at the Store from level 35;
  • Price: 20 golden tokens and 200 silver tokens;
  • Capacity: 9 tourists;
  • Speed: 10% faster than the base model.

Goldfinch S2
25508052_2008895155804361_8362134875674474628_n.png

Goldfinch S2

• Available for purchase at the Alliance Office from level 35;
  • Price: 30 golden tokens and 500 silver tokens;
  • Capacity: 9 tourists;
  • Speed: 30% faster than the base model.

25508015_2011050372255506_1887505866253567790_n.png

Helicopter Pad Level 3
Helicopter Pad Level 3 is required for Goldfinch takeoff, landing, and parking. It can be purchased from the store for 95000 coins.

Helicopter Pad is both a “hangar” and “runway” for a helicopter, and is built on the airport side of your city.

A new type of passengers — tourists — are required for helicopter flights. You can find out more about Tourists, Tourist Buildings, and Tourist Terminal here.

Moreover, a special Fuel H is required for Helicopter. You can find more information about Fuel

Station H and fuel H production here.

You will also need additional items to send the flight off which can be produced in the Hi-Tech Plant.

Hi-Tech Plant

25498329_2011053498921860_419079439569936363_n.png

High-Tech Plant

• Available for purchase at the Store;
  • Price: 45000 coins;
  • Up to 7 production slots;
  • Produces complex items required for helicopter flights from items you can obtain from Resource Base and Mechanical plant. Find out more about item production here.
If one of your Goldfinch helicopters breaks down, it’s a good idea to upgrade your Repair Base H to Level 3 where it can be fixed.
25551852_2011054305588446_7702882387661018169_n.png

Repair Base H Level 3
  • Available from level 35;
  • Required for Goldfinch helicopter maintenance;
  • Price: 1200000 coins;
  • Up to 5 repair slots available;
  • Items required for construction: Rotor Balancer x3, Platform Scale x3, Assembly Jig x3 (drop from Iguazu Falls, and Denali, or can be purchased).

New Flights

Denali
25659534_2011073428919867_4186639371376558033_n.png

Denali
  • Available from level 35;
  • Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes;
  • Requirements: 12 units of Fuel H, 9 tourists, 68 skill stars, and random additional items (can be produced in the Hi-Tech Plant);
  • Rewards: 590 coins, 70 experience points, and random items, including items from Flips and Spins collection.
Jaya
25550251_2011073805586496_7353666919246609809_n.png

Jaya
  • Available from level 38;
  • Duration: 2 hours;
  • Requirements: 12 units of Fuel H, 9 tourists, 69 skill stars, and random additional items (can be produced in the Hi-Tech Plant);
  • Rewards: 780 coins, 90 experience points, and random items, including items from Secrets of a Long Life collection.
Aconcagua
25550310_2011074052253138_2339125978501360883_n.png

Aconcagua
  • Available from level 41;
  • Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes;
  • Requirements: 12 units of Fuel H, 9 tourists, 72 skill stars, and random additional items (can be produced in the Hi-Tech Plant);
  • Rewards: 965 coins, 110 experience points, and random items, including items from Shadow of the Past collection.
Stanley
25498325_2011074405586436_4214041075338631880_n.png

Stanley
  • Available from level 43;
  • Duration: 3 hours;
  • Requirements: 12 units of Fuel H, 9 tourists, 72 skill stars, and random additional items (can be produced in the Hi-Tech Plant);
  • Rewards: 1155 coins, 135 experience points, and random items, including items from Storm has Set the Heavens Scowling collection.
Mont Blanc
25659272_2011085715585305_1703816791032261458_n.png

• Available from level 45;
  • Duration: 3 hours and 40 minutes;
  • Rewards: 1400 coins, 165 experience points, and random items, including items from On a Ski Slope collection.

More info in next post....

For me all things helicopter related are a side issue, to the main part of the game e,g. plane flights, space flight etc. these are far more important. Helicopters are designed to be somewhat of a distraction, especially when visiting neighbours, needing gift items to drop from buildings etc.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
My sentiments exactly.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I've been thinking about this and I've decided once I get all my stars for the Sparrow I'm going to sell the lot (apart from whichever is the unique building I'm not allowed to) until GI re-think the Heli situation I find it all too irritating, messy and not planned out properly.

I've not worked it out but by the time you've got all the items required to fly - or as they like to call it 'List of Recipes' :hungry: lol - then along with the fuel needed does the flight actually cover the costs!?

It needs to be simpler like flying the planes I don't get why it's been made so complicated.

I was looking forward to the Helicopters coming and something new...weighing it up (as it is now) not so much :meh:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I've been thinking about this and I've decided once I get all my stars for the Sparrow I'm going to sell the lot (apart from whichever is the unique building I'm not allowed to) until GI re-think the Heli situation I find it all too irritating, messy and not planned out properly.

I've not worked it out but by the time you've got all the items required to fly - or as they like to call it 'List of Recipes' :hungry: lol - then along with the fuel needed does the flight actually cover the costs!?

It needs to be simpler like flying the planes I don't get why it's been made so complicated.

I was looking forward to the Helicopters coming and something new...weighing it up (as it is now) not so much :meh:

I too was looking forward to the Helicopter update, but my interest has now become a side issue, to the main part of the game e.g. flying planes, space flights, etc. There are far too many things that are wrong, and need to be put right, before my interest picks-up once again.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I too was looking forward to the Helicopter update, but my interest has now become a side issue, to the main part of the game e.g. flying planes, space flights, etc. There are far too many things that are wrong, and need to be put right, before my interest picks-up once again.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Totally agree Capt. focusing only on the flight and launches from now on until I hear that the Helicopter issues have been resolved/improved...we may be waiting a while though with all the other problems/issues they are currently having.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Totally agree Capt. focusing only on the flight and launches from now on until I hear that the Helicopter issues have been resolved/improved...we may be waiting a while though with all the other problems/issues they are currently having.

I do not know how many shades of blue there are, but do not hold your breath, GI do not see this as a problem to solve. We will all need to come together collectively to convince them to rethink the helicopter update.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I do not know how many shades of blue there are, but do not hold your breath, GI do not see this as a problem to solve. We will all need to come together collectively to convince them to rethink the helicopter update.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Lol. Really!? Do they play the game at all!?

Well if anybody can come up with a better solution I think your the man with the ideas and also for getting other people's suggestions on the matter...basically it makes sense for them to make the game enjoyable therefore people will happily part with more Greenies which is what they want.

As I've said before and only my thoughts, it needs to be made much simpler pretty much like flying the planes, there's too much going on for me it doesn't flow.

How about creating a thread about how to improve the Helicopters getting peoples ideas and suggestions and then putting it to GI?

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
We asked for helicopters and got them. So GI listened.
Unfortunately they made them complicated to run, a logistical nightmare. Hopefully they can simplify the process, but how? Many people have already put a lot of time and effort into a lot of flights.
Rather than slag them, maybe suggestions on HOW to make them better.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Firstly...we aren't 'slagging' anyone and secondly I don't know 'HOW' I'm a player not a Developer my suggestion was to make it simpler the rest is in GI's hands if/when they choose to do anything about it!

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
I didn't say we were slagging, purely we ask for something, they give it to us and we complain that we don't like it.

I personally believe the Goldfinch is very complicated to fly due to the double parts manufacture involved (documented previously) and GI have made it too complicated. If the manufacturing process was in bulk rather than sequential then I'd be happy.
The Sparrow is very easy, The Crossbill is more complicated, especially as sometime 17 flight items needed, but manageable.

However the benifit is that with the sparrow you can complete flights very quickly for the 'speed up with fuel' Daily Mission.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I didn't say we were slagging, purely we ask for something, they give it to us and we complain that we don't like it.

I personally believe the Goldfinch is very complicated to fly due to the double parts manufacture involved (documented previously) and GI have made it too complicated. If the manufacturing process was in bulk rather than sequential then I'd be happy.
The Sparrow is very easy, The Crossbill is more complicated, especially as sometime 17 flight items needed, but manageable.

However the benifit is that with the sparrow you can complete flights very quickly for the 'speed up with fuel' Daily Mission.

Ah I see I think there was a mix up with translation which often happens with messaging/text.

Very interesting to read thank you. But like I said before, after I finish with the Sparrow I'm not doing anymore Helicopter flying until a simpler solution is found just going to concentrate on my planes and launches and wait to see if there are any updates re the Heli's in the future.

Top Bottom