Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Golden Dice vs Planets

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
This is not only a Windows problem, same thing on iOS.

Used GD around reset time for 2x11 visits as usual but only got 27 collections.

That's worse then I normally get with No bonuses. :mad:
So for now GI has lost the income from me buying golden dices.
I really hope this is a bug or this will effectively kill alot of people's space launch routines and give us less to do :banghead:

Last edited:

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
For me even the normal drop rate from planetariums is bad, lucky to get 2 drops per building on all 3 games. :( Think I will try spyglass today on my main. Now running flights to Observatories and the Cape for prep.:(

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Ive noticed no difference. For the neighbours (lvl 6) i visited i still got around 20 collections with no dice so pretty similar to before the update. Oops wrong thread I'm on IOS lol
As far as we can tell there is no change in the base droprate, the change seem to be that Golden Dice no longer effect the droprates like it used to. The big question is if this is on purpose or by mistake...

And this effects all platforms it seems so you are in the right place.
Speaking about that, @Kesh @Gt city is it possible to change the title to All platforms instead of just windows so people dont get discouraged from posting about it?

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
As far as we can tell there is no change in the base droprate, the change seem to be that Golden Dice no longer effect the droprates like it used to. The big question is if this is on purpose or by mistake...

And this effects all platforms it seems so you are in the right place.
Speaking about that, @Kesh @Gt city is it possible to change the title to All platforms instead of just windows so people dont get discouraged from posting about it?
Done (y)

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Copying my reply from the upgrade thread

Same for me. 47 yesterday and 33 launch kits today with Golden Dice, Sky Captain and friend in need. I got 27 launch kits on my support game yesterday without any bonuses. Seems like Golden Dice decreases the drop rate. Hopefully more people will share their numbers.

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
It definitely seems like GD is decreasing the drop rates. I visited 5x12 neighbors on my iPad with GD and got 32 collections. Normally I would get 60-75 depending on the day. @Red199 said he got this response from G! in reference to it:

We work non-stop to improve application performance and encourage your interest in the game process. We've slightly changed the game mechanics and introduced drop rates tweaks that sometimes increase the chances to get certain items, and sometimes decrease. Though the changes are minor, they make Airport City both accessible to new players and a fun challenge for experienced players.
Anyway, I can assure you that these minor changes do not affect the actual drop chance, meaning that "seldom" chance does not turn to "very seldom" at any rate.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thanks for the info, @Robby Kusuma

So either the drop rate for GD was decreased on purpose or the GD bonus itself is broken and doesn't add the bonus it normally does.
Maybe Free2Play can check whether it's a bug or not. Because right now buying a GD doesn't make sense for any user.

Golden Dice affects flights, this is what is clearly said both in its text description and is shown in icon effect description in the store. This has been this way since the release of the game. Any other effect should be considered a bug.

Device
  1. Android
Golden Dice affects flights, this is what is clearly said both in its text description and is shown in icon effect description in the store. This has been this way since the release of the game. Any other effect should be considered a bug.
Golden Dice's effect to Planetariums has been from the begining of the game.
It is not fair after 4 to 5 years bug, you just eliminate it and say it was a bug.
We use GD everyday.
Once to 2 to increase drop and visit.
Why not consider to keep it that way so people keep buy it?

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
Too bad it was now changed to not affect visit in neighbor cities since it worked that day since day 1 is a main reson why people regularly buy the Golden Dices.

Even if Golden Dice should only work on flights it still doesn't explain why even with activated Golden Dice the drop rate for flights is lower than before as @Robby Kusuma showed. Even, it's not a large sample size but still it shows atleast a trend.
And it surely doesn't explain why the drop rate from planetariums is lower with an activated Golden Dice than it is without one.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
So by saying this was done on purpose they effectively killed their sales of golden dice and atleast halved the amount of space flights honest people can make, in the end severely limiting our fuel resources.

That's a bold decision to make when trying to keep people interested in new flight destinations that demands more and more resources....

Top Bottom