Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Frastration. An open letter to the developers

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
after about 1-2 years in the game (level 54) I'm so frustrated from the game, so I am considering to quit.
Why?

The game progress is way too slow and ridiculously expensive.

For example I need to upgrade my airport to hold more passengers. For that I need 360,000 coins + items + wait. The whole process will take at least a month or more. That's ridiculousky slow, which makes me feel frastrated.
Regarding the adventures. I've never ever able to finish any mission, even though running 5 planes which are flying almost all day lond.
That's frastrating. The current romantic mission is the first mission I've decided to skip, knowing I've no chance to complete it.

I need to upgrade my runway and get more passengers. I need more than million coins for that. It's seems it's gonna take months to achieve that. Frastrating.

Thought about upgrading to silver or gold player. Come on.. 9$ per silver and about 30$ for gold? Netflix subscription costs less. Again frastrating.

The relative game progress in other games is by far much faster.

For several days I'm collecting few coins and does not doing too much in the game.

I really hope the developers will do a significant improvement, otherwise... You will lose me as a player. Thats a pity. Sure for me.

Are you in an alliance? Alliance members help you to progress in a game, give you advice and send gifts every day.
Do you do launches? Launches get you gold, silver and lots of coins and experience which enables you to progress.
Going by your frustration, I think you are playing the game wrong as plenty have slow progress and are happy. If you want to progress fast you do need to put a bit of real money in the game but spend wisely as the game doesn't demand masses of cash.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I have about 470 friends which are sending items on a regular basis.

I have an alliance I've created which doesn't give too much.

I will not invest real money, the requested amount is way too high for me. 30$ for an item on a beginning of a mission.. No way

Maybe think a bit the way you are playing...
I have begun beginning of september, and are now level 61. No real money involved at all...

Check your building, and ask yourself how many time you connect per day.
If every half an hour, then 4h building are lost of space. on the opposite, if you connect every 3 hours, and small time building are not usefull at all.

do space launches, land guest planes, launch flights according to your connection time, and you will improve your income rate...

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03gm4u1f
Username
-Sayuri-
“ Frastrating” is what frustrates me :mad:

I Play for year and half and progressed to level 74, fly 10 airplanes and do all launches. Not much greenies invested. Hence, it can be Done, it takes thinking and proper strategy. Also, 3 greenies every weekend can be very useful. :sneaky: Free videos for items also. Put the item you need in your profile name too. There Are ways, as i Said... strategy...

I have about 470 friends which are sending items on a regular basis.

I have an alliance I've created which doesn't give too much.

I will not invest real money, the requested amount is way too high for me. 30$ for an item on a beginning of a mission.. No way
@Chazzy999 is right: you’ve been playing the game iin a wrong way
How many neighbors do you have you can really communicate with? By messenger, by this forum, it doesn’t matter much (although via this forum is better). It’s important to talk to your neighbors.
Why create your own alliance? You should try to join an already established alliance. With more experienced members that could give you advice on tactics. More than half of the fun with this game is in sharing experiences. Space launches are crucial, but again you should have a bunch of reliable neighbors to launch with.
So, why don’t you spend a good amount of time gathering information from the forum? And exchange random neighbors for people you can communicate with. And start tagging along on launches promoted by forum people (pay attention to launch rules, though)
If after all that you aren’t having fun, then.... look for another game!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
- Running only 5 planes at lvl 54 is pretty low. At least 6 should be 'normal' at lvl54, 7 should be doable.
- You don't need past lvl5-terminal with only 5 planes at lvl54, so no need to spend money on that.
- Balance your buildings: Determine how often you can visit the game and optimize your passenger/coin buildings for that. Don't go for buildings that give 2 coins / passengers every two minutes if you only visit the game twice a day. Don't go for the buildings with a high gain every 24h if you visit the game every couple of minutes. Balance your buildings to make sure you get the optimum of your visits.
- Only spend your coins on buildings that will bring you forward. For instance, buy space-buildings if you don't have them rather than sweets factories that you don't need (just an example; I don't know if you are into space buildings and/or have sweets factories).
- Make sure to never, ever, ever, confuse 'frustrating' with 'frastrating' anymore. It's 'frustrating' or 'frustration'. No 'a' in there...

OK well I'm not going to tell you that you're playing the game wrong - one of the things I like about this game is that there are multiple ways to play it. That said, it sounds from what you've said that you could be making life harder for yourself than you need to.

There are ways to get around all of these things you cite and become a more productive player, but you need to ask for help rather than just firing off gripes to the developers*. The game doesn't come with an instruction manual, as there are may different paths to take, many of which don't involve spending money. I've had a look at your city and there are some things I would perhaps do differently, just as when I first came on here there were some things I needed to change too. Maybe ask for help and see what happens next.

*I admit, some of them do look well founded

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
I remember times when 360k coins seemed like a lot, almost impossible :). I was earning ~ 20k-30k coins a day and it was taking months to upgrade. I've been playing for quite some time, and the only year when I did all quests was 2018. This is not kind of game you can do everything in the game in couple months. Be patient and keep flying :). Lots of good advises here, and as everybody mentions, key is to have good neighbors.

@amir77a I'll share a few of the same things I've shared with others. I can't see your city so I'm flying blind, so to speak

1. Start a space program. The easiest way to earn coins is through Space. Do it with neighbors here
2. Dump all your non forum neighbors. They don't bring you anything
3. Put your needs in your signature so people know what to send you
4. Focus on the control tower. More planes flying means more money when they land. It also means an increased shot at finishing events if that's your thing. The terminal can wait a bit as can the Town Hall.
5. Visit planetariums, academies, and training centers with ALL your neighbor visits (preferably planetariums). There's a list on this forum of everyone who has them and if you ask in advance they'll all add you as a neighbor so you can access them. I earn on average 8-10k per day in coins by visiting them and nothing else.

Feel free to PM or tag me if you want other ideas

@amir77a Agree with whats been said here. Looking at your profile, it was last updated in May 2018 which shows me your not very active on here. Make more use of the forum and its members. There is good advice on here. Update your signature. If you do events ask questions in the event thread.
There's nothing wrong with the development of the game, its a long term strategy exercise. Sounds like youve done the long term, but missed out on the strategy. Youve got plenty of good advice from the guys above. Use it.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Maybe think a bit the way you are playing...
I have begun beginning of september, and are now level 61. No real money involved at all...

Check your building, and ask yourself how many time you connect per day.
If every half an hour, then 4h building are lost of space. on the opposite, if you connect every 3 hours, and small time building are not usefull at all.

do space launches, land guest planes, launch flights according to your connection time, and you will improve your income rate...

Most of my buildings are optimized to my connection intervals.
I do land guest planes all the time
Space launches - are very hard, since I'm hardly able to collect the needed items for those flights.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I think you don't have to invest real money!
If your alliance doesn't give too much, you can ask for an other alliance in this Forum. There are always some spots open.
You can also ask for items to upgrade your buildings very fast and only have to wait till they are finish.

The problem is that before the needed items for those buildings, I need the coins to buy the building.. and its taking too much long time.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
“ Frastrating” is what frustrates me :mad:

I Play for year and half and progressed to level 74, fly 10 airplanes and do all launches. Not much greenies invested. Hence, it can be Done, it takes thinking and proper strategy. Also, 3 greenies every weekend can be very useful. :sneaky: Free videos for items also. Put the item you need in your profile name too. There Are ways, as i Said... strategy...

Sorry for the spelling error. :oops: I wish I could correct it (forgive me still, as English is not my mother tongue)

I do not have enough passengers for 5 planes, nor the coins to buy the needed facilities.
I can't see how can I fill 10 airplanes...

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
@Chazzy999 is right: you’ve been playing the game iin a wrong way
How many neighbors do you have you can really communicate with? By messenger, by this forum, it doesn’t matter much (although via this forum is better). It’s important to talk to your neighbors.
Why create your own alliance? You should try to join an already established alliance. With more experienced members that could give you advice on tactics. More than half of the fun with this game is in sharing experiences. Space launches are crucial, but again you should have a bunch of reliable neighbors to launch with.
So, why don’t you spend a good amount of time gathering information from the forum? And exchange random neighbors for people you can communicate with. And start tagging along on launches promoted by forum people (pay attention to launch rules, though)
If after all that you aren’t having fun, then.... look for another game!

Actually... none I can communicate with. All gifts are on a random basis.

I wish I could find a decent alliance nor communicate with my neighbors.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
- Running only 5 planes at lvl 54 is pretty low. At least 6 should be 'normal' at lvl54, 7 should be doable.
- You don't need past lvl5-terminal with only 5 planes at lvl54, so no need to spend money on that.
- Balance your buildings: Determine how often you can visit the game and optimize your passenger/coin buildings for that. Don't go for buildings that give 2 coins / passengers every two minutes if you only visit the game twice a day. Don't go for the buildings with a high gain every 24h if you visit the game every couple of minutes. Balance your buildings to make sure you get the optimum of your visits.
- Only spend your coins on buildings that will bring you forward. For instance, buy space-buildings if you don't have them rather than sweets factories that you don't need (just an example; I don't know if you are into space buildings and/or have sweets factories).
- Make sure to never, ever, ever, confuse 'frustrating' with 'frastrating' anymore. It's 'frustrating' or 'frustration'. No 'a' in there...

First, as I wrote before.. sorry for the mis-spell. I wish I could edit the post.. but I can't. Again, English is not my mother tongue.

Thanks for the other advises.

Top Bottom