Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Flight Catering Strategies

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Is there a strategy you use to keep enough flight catering items available? I recently started flying to destinations that require it, and the handful i had in storage are now gone. Flight Catering Facility produces 1 per day. I can pay greenies to add additional slots, but i also have seen neighbors who have multiple facilities.

What has your experience been and what do you recommend?

Is there a strategy you use to keep enough flight catering items available? I recently started flying to destinations that require it, and the handful i had in storage are now gone. Flight Catering Facility produces 1 per day. I can pay greenies to add additional slots, but i also have seen neighbors who have multiple facilities.

What has your experience been and what do you recommend?
I have 6 facilities, 4 upgraded to level 3, and 2 to level 2. I get 32 flight catering per day, which did me well when I was flying to destinations that needed them, but now that I'm flying t-birds, falcons & condors, I've built up over 4,000 catering. The good thing is you can put a facility (or more)in the warehouse and use that space for other things. I would suggest don't upgrade past level 2 if you are building all six facilities.

I upgraded one before realizing I could have multiples...not one of my finer moments in this game. I have 3 facilities and am working on getting equipment for more of them.

I just built my first laundry facility even though I'm not in need of blankets yet. This way I hopefully won't need to get them from neighbors. I'll probably do the same for lollipops after that.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Build, don't upgrade. I found 3 catering facilities produced enough to keep up with my flying needs. Depending on your fleet and flying, you may need more. Build what it takes to keep your planes flying, no more. After you 3 star these destinations, the catering is no longer needed (except for events) and you'll stock pile plenty.

As Davescharf said, once you get your catering in order, build the blanket factory to get ready for the next phase.

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
While I do agree building more flight catering facilities is the best option, it does require land. If land is a big issue I tend to have a great group of neighbors and about 10 are just for catering. The rest are random necessary flight items.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
A different view: I have only one flight catering facility. I upgraded it twice so that now each time it drops 3 FC. Then right after I collect the catering I watch an ad and it drops 3 more...then often they will let me watch another ad and it drops 3 more. So now I have 9 or sometimes even 12 FC produced from one building in 12 hours.

I am also collecting materials to build more facilities. My expectation is that the cap on the number of ads you can watch applies across the game and not per building, so it won't be possible to pull the same trick on multiple facilities. Thus it won't help to upgrade those other facilities.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
A different view: I have only one flight catering facility. I upgraded it twice so that now each time it drops 3 FC. Then right after I collect the catering I watch an ad and it drops 3 more...then often they will let me watch another ad and it drops 3 more. So now I have 9 or sometimes even 12 FC produced from one building in 12 hours.

I am also collecting materials to build more facilities. My expectation is that the cap on the number of ads you can watch applies across the game and not per building, so it won't be possible to pull the same trick on multiple facilities. Thus it won't help to upgrade those other facilities.

Thanks for the input! Unfortunately, viewing videos isn't available on all platforms.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh

My opinion is not to spend greennies for building upgrade if you can buy it for coins (it's better to spend more coins on 6 buildings then upgrade 1 for greenies).

I have 6 facilities, 4 upgraded to level 3, and 2 to level 2. I get 32 flight catering per day, which did me well when I was flying to destinations that needed them, but now that I'm flying t-birds, falcons & condors, I've built up over 4,000 catering. The good thing is you can put a facility (or more)in the warehouse and use that space for other things. I would suggest don't upgrade past level 2 if you are building all six facilities.
When you put them in the warehouse, do they require the building items again when you put them back down or are they already complete?

Device
  1. Android
Okay, this is not show off, but sharing my experience.

Few weeks ago I have 7k+ flight catering.
Yes, I have 6x4.
I stopped play for 10 months.
So yes now I am working stars alliance maps.
After collecting my beacons, I 3stared all the 5 destinations.
After that, I am collecting attitude indicators and wireless compass as my Giants most break down.
And guess what, I have now only 2.5k+ flight caterings.
Where all the caterings gone?

In my strategy, Super bonuses are important.
I use jetpacks and FIN.
Collecting HOP to use later.
If you think Super Bonus is important, you should invest more.
Think Big, Think Mega, Think Super Mega.
Thats my point.

Wow, I think the video watching is a changeup in the way that works. Fairly sure that feature wasn't available on production items like that very long ago. It's a handy tip for those in the need short term but Kesh is absolutely right. Spend coins, not greenies. And Robby is right on the money as well. Short to medium term, videos are fine. Long term and you'll run out when you least expect it and then it's a long hard stretch to get your other 5 built while you scrounge desperately for the required building items :)

Hopefully someone else can confirm my next point as well? As you play with the same neighbours and they all level up and build their flight catering facilities, the ability to gift the required items (it has in my game at least) disappears once the 6th building is finished. If that is the case, gathering those items later might be just that bit more difficult. (Interestingly this hasn't happened for my sweets or furniture factories, hence my desire for someone else with 6 flight catering buildings to confirm or negate this theory :) )

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
If you start building all 6 as soon as possible, you will not need to upgrade any. I never upgraded any building of same kind and was never in shortage.
always depend of the number flights you want to do per day with .. flight catering or pills or bed or blanket...In my case whe I have 15 same kind of plane I do all the destinations with that kind of planes and sure I will have to upgrade those buildings...

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
always depend of the number flights you want to do per day with .. flight catering or pills or bed or blanket...In my case whe I have 15 same kind of plane I do all the destinations with that kind of planes and sure I will have to upgrade those buildings...
agree but it could save you some greenies if you don't do full upgrade as it's more probable you will lack on other items you need for flight (earplug, reader, vr).

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
Actually, the videos seem to fail more often than they work. Either it goes to a black screen for a while and then comes back and says the offer is not available, or it goes to a black screen and stays there until I force quit the game. I don't think I've had a video actually play and give a prize for over a day now. The worst is when it plays through the entire ad and then crashes right at the end without returning to the game:mad:

Top Bottom