Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Event for New Players

Because I'm a boring individual with no social life, I recently started another support game on an old iphone. When you start the first level, and at various stages beyond that, you get a little tutorial on how the basic stuff works before being left to get on with it.

When I first got the game a couple of years ago,the events were just extensions of standard gameplay, but now they are a branch within themselves, with the event store, daily/overall leaderboards, rewards etc, and for new players, there's not much guidance on how to play them effectively and efficiently.

How about introducing some kind of standardised noob event when you hit level four or five where peopel can get a walkthrough before they have access to the rest of the events, which i think comes around level 7 or 8, (or higher for some of them). If you download the game on a Monday, the event springs to life on the Wednesday or Thursday, then you have until the next Monday to complete it. One of the ingame characters walks you though "collect your rewards each day" or "spend your event currency in the event store."

No idea if it's possible to have an event that starts X days after downloading but I figure most players quit the game before having played it for two weeks, so more guidance/handholding along the way might help that all important player (customer) retention.

I also really like the chest drops that you get straight away, then in 1h, 6h, 12h, 24h etc. I'm sure most players won't know what to do with them, but I'm thinking a 3-4 day event might be similar for keeping them coming back.

Top Bottom