Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows energy

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
What is the cheapest way to get as much energy as possible.

Power plants are cheap, but you need a lot of them and they are taking too much space for me.
I have a few Wind Turbines, but they cost 8 times more and only give 4 more energy.
So I waited until I could build solar panels, but they cost 4000 and only give 4 more energy tthen Wind Turbines.

I'm at level 15 and I can't upgrade or build anything new, because I constantly run out of energy.
I don't like spending greenies, because I need them for expansions.

Who can help me?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
The coal station gives you the best output per land value and coins.

The solar panels will cost you twice as much as the coal station for the same amount of land but will give you 4 more power per 2x2 grid.

The nuclear power plant will give you more output when you replace 9 coal stations with 4 nuclear power plants. The nuclear power plant is a 3x3 building and can only be acquired through collections.

The tesla power plant is another option but it is more effective to use the airport cash to buy a land expansion and then put coal stations on the land until your land expansions start to increase in price.

.....based on where you are at in your game coal stations if you have the room and solar panels if you have the coins and need to squeeze every last bit out.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
The coal station gives you the best output per land value and coins.

The solar panels will cost you twice as much as the coal station for the same amount of land but will give you 4 more power per 2x2 grid.

The nuclear power plant will give you more output when you replace 9 coal stations with 4 nuclear power plants. The nuclear power plant is a 3x3 building and can only be acquired through collections.

The tesla power plant is another option but it is more effective to use the airport cash to buy a land expansion and then put coal stations on the land until your land expansions start to increase in price.

.....based on where you are at in your game coal stations if you have the room and solar panels if you have the coins and need to squeeze every last bit out.

Thanks! That's very handy for in the future, but I can't buy a coal station yet, because it's only available at level 20 (and I'm at 15). So I guess I buy some more power plants until I can buy a coal station.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
I have just been doing some math. If you have the space, power plants are the cheapest and provide the most energy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Power Plant (PP) = 1x1 100 coins 6 Energy (E)

1 Wind Turbine = 1x1 800 coins 10 E
--> = cost of 8 PP that provide 48 E

1 solar panel = 1x1 4000 coins 14 E
--> cost of 40 PP that provide 240 E
--> cost of 5 WT that provide 50 E

1 coal station = 2x2 8000 coins 60 E
= takes 4 times more space then power plant, so we calculate to 1x1 by deviding through 4
= 1x1 2000 coins 15 E
--> cost of 20 PP that provide 120 E

Is it then maybe the cost of you land that makes it cheaper to buy another form of energy?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
The true cost is in the price of land. You want the cheapest overall cost which would be the most output per 1x1 square. Coal factories or solar panels are the way to go unless you are rolling in airport cash.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
I agree with the prior posts. I like to have nuclear power plants myself, but you have to fly to Teheran and from this point I am still far away.
I would like to have the nuclear plants also...but that won’t be anytime soon...I don’t want to fly giants as of yet since they are so expensive to keep in the air...when I do start using giants I will need to wait out the repair time, which will definitely impact my PAX numbers.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
The exact reason why we fly excavations is to hopefully collect all items for nuclear plant without even breaking a sweat (that's before we even forget why we have excavation buildings).
I thought you could only get them from Tehran...that’s what is listed. How can you get from excavations. I only get the map chest.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
The exact reason why we fly excavations is to hopefully collect all items for nuclear plant without even breaking a sweat (that's before we even forget why we have excavation buildings).
Collecting 5 times 5 items for the plant is a long process. You’ll get one, no doubt. (y)
The thing is that with every new destination comes a new collection these days, reducing chances those 5 items drop. Without a city filled edge to edge with adventure buildings, Teheran is your best bet...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Tehran is the fastest way to get the nuclear power plant but i have enough collections to make 1 plant with minimal flights to Tehran from the adventure buildings. Obviously both ways would be the way to go but don't underestimate the power of the adventure buildings, especially to get items from locations that you don't have the ability to fly to.

Tehran is the fastest way to get the nuclear power plant but i have enough collections to make 1 plant with minimal flights to Tehran from the adventure buildings. Obviously both ways would be the way to go but don't underestimate the power of the adventure buildings, especially to get items from locations that you don't have the ability to fly to.

I have 2 of the 5 collections needed for one and I havent started flying Thunderbirds

Top Bottom