Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Down the Rabbit Hole

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
First day I got 22 out of 50 and from there it kept dropping. Last night - 4 out of 50.
I have developed a superstition that I get better drop rates when I visit neighbors I haven't been to for a while, and worse drop rates when I visit the same neighbors day after day. I'd be curious to know if you visit the same few neighbors, and also if your drops rates improve if you visit different ones.

I have developed a superstition that I get better drop rates when I visit neighbors I haven't been to for a while, and worse drop rates when I visit the same neighbors day after day. I'd be curious to know if you visit the same few neighbors, and also if your drops rates improve if you visit different ones.
Lol, good thought, I'll try that today.
I have had as many as 20 drops of knives from neighbours, and as low as 10 (from 60 taps)....yesterday was 18....

This was my first time doing the event, and am likely to finish 1/5, 1/5, 0/5. Not only are things not dropping, but I got delayed because of the stinking weather. Lack of available land didn't help, but I was dealing with that grudgingly. I was only able to build 2 hangars, but the second one was done recently enough that I just didn't get a plane for it since my other collections were doing so horribly.

Now, earlier in the thread, it was discussed about putting the plane in the reserve hangar and using the card hangar for regular planes. Is there some trick to it? I can't get it to work, with either the empty or occupied card hangars.
@Droidhak
To get a regular plane in one of the event hangers, you need to have the reserve hanger with at least one spare slot. With all your other normal hangers occupied, go to purchase a new plane (ideally one you think you'll be using for some time), and you'll get a message giving you option to place the new plane in a hanger, but that it will 'bump' the plane that's there in to the reserve hanger - just tap on a card hanger, and it will move the plane of cards to the reserve hanger and place your newly purchased Giant plane for example, into the card hanger....
This is the only way I understand it to work, you cannot move normal planes from your reserve hanger into an event hanger, just newly purchased ones, and remember, you have to have a spare slot in your reserve hanger to bump the plane into...

Hope that helps...
Az

I started event from scratch, and was just thinking that I might actually not complete as have been waiting for just one pine door now for days, despite tapping on 12 eggs almost on the hour, every hour! ( I'm into double figures for all the other types of doors!) when finally, the last one that I need to complete the collection five times, dropped just now!

I'm going to be nowhere near the side collection (Fungus), and still waiting for penny buns!

Good thing I am not the only one experiencing zero drops from eggs in 36 hours. Pretty much tapping eggs as soon as they are clickable.
As a win10 player with 6 days left, I must say that I am surprised if IOS/android players are no where near to complete the event with only a couple of days left.

I really don't hope I'll only manage to get 1/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 during the next 4 days. That would be no progress at all and just a waste of time.

I am however playing this event for the first time, so I have no previous items in storage from earlier events. Are there any players who started from scratch who completed the event yet? What's your status?

I started from scratch and finished the event, but it hasn't been easy. I'm about 30 flights to Wonderland away from the 500 star milestone

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04xlp029
Username
Bertron
One thing I'm curious about... this event will come up again in a year, right?

Don't know if I will even be playing this in a year, but all the extra unused items can be saved for the next time this event comes up, right? I'm wondering if I should sell the card hangars or hold on to them for the next time if I am still playing.

I still have over a thousand magnetometers from the UFO event, which should come in handy for the next time that event rolls around.

What will be the next event after this wonderland one?

volly

150+ Star Club
I'm just disappointed for I spent greenies to help and it made NO difference. Last night just 7 knives for 55 neighbor mushrooms then zero drops using those knives. I also used my 5 video tries to get knives and that made no difference either.
I'm a high maintenance player so I'm not letting the planes sit idle. I have 10 planes up and that isn't enough? Seriously?

Whats the point of doing the thing if the drop rates are so bad you can't complete it? I really hope free2play and other devs are reading this thread.

Don't know if I will even be playing this in a year, but all the extra unused items can be saved for the next time this event comes up, right? I'm wondering if I should sell the card hangars or hold on to them for the next time if I am still playing.

I still have over a thousand magnetometers from the UFO event, which should come in handy for the next time that event rolls around.

There is a back to school event, doesn't mean they will use it this year.

https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/back-to-school-event-2016.13423/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/airport-city-airline-tycoon/faqback-to-school/1434747939885755/

We could have until end of year Back to School, Dark Skies (Halloween quest), Thanksgiving and Santa's Bad Day or Santa's Bad Mood (Xmas / New Year quest). Last year we had end of November Holiday Rush as well.

As of now (conditions were better in the past) all not finished collections as well as all items in the inventory stay there for the next event. It means all hearts, mirrors and knives as well as all items in the (not completed) event collections will stay as your "advantage" for the next year edition of the event.

Guys if you did not completed this year just wait for the next year the same i did.
Last year from the 3rd day in this event and my neighbors support me i know that i cannot do it so i told them dont send any more items and i stop doing this event.
This year i am ready and i completed i know those who said the drop is bad the same i said last year but when i saw who complete this event i believe every one can do it.
The different is for me between last year and this year
I have store a lot of bonuses last year some :D
I have now fuel ready to do fast flight any time last year cannot
I have now more planes last year just 5 maybe
I have now support accounts and received lot of gifts last year 25 gifts receiving :)
I have now passengers ready to send 19 big planes last year limited passengers
I have now in my store a lot of flight items last year was difficult for me to store always out of stock :)
I have now build most important buildings in my city to help me with my flights last year nothing :D
i am just talking about this event comparing with last year.
I have now more experience last year i hate some events and give up now ready to do any event thanks for those who keep writing tips and advices in this forum i read all the tips follow those players learn from them be patience always in this game.
Now lets go for the easy way how to complete the event fast and this is real .... go spend greens maybe in one day you can completed (y):D
The drop is all the same with all players maybe 3 times during 7 days i got 0 drop from the planes and egg buildings same you guys and i am sure also the same happen with all the players but they not talk about it, you now why they do the same way i did be Patience do what you can do if you cannot completed just wait for the next year.
Enjoy the moment with this game and have fun with this beautiful forum and nice people and keep learning from others dont hate the game and give up just because event.
Good Luck All (y)

Well, well, a good bug for me today.
I've finished the event couple of days ago but I was trying to get six Russian Eggs. I had 70+ knives, activated SC, SG and dice and started tapping on mushrooms. I needed only 3 Coral Fungus for my 3 last Russian Eggs (I had won 3 eggs already since begin of the event). After using all available knives I got just one. Then I decided before I buy a Mushroomer Set with 20 additional knives to get the 5 free knives with watching videos. First video ran fine, but the knife brought only a Mirror. I watched the second video as well and after it finished I clicked the "x" and the game crashed :) I restarted AC and found out it brought me back in time after the moment I received the only Coral Fungus but still with 15 available knives. I kept tapping on mushrooms and with 14 of the knives I got guess what - 2 more Coral Fungus :D. So I managed to finish with 6 Russian Eggs and 1 knife leftover for next event's edition.

Device
  1. Android
I got two bad weather on two event destinations,

so GI is further blocking me to even attempt to fly to those event destination

A very interesting thing is, the bad weather would more probably happen on your "star" favourite destination,
if you star it, you would be cursed by GI to use at most 3 flight items to start a flight.

GI, please try to block more players by 10 flight items to start a flight,
I believed that your pig head could imagine 7 more flight items to block all of us

I got two bad weather on two event destinations,

so GI is further blocking me to even attempt to fly to those event destination

A very interesting thing is, the bad weather would more probably happen on your "star" favourite destination,
if you star it, you would be cursed by GI to use at most 3 flight items to start a flight.

GI, please try to block more players by 10 flight items to start a flight,
I believed that your pig head could imagine 7 more flight items to block all of us

I'm not trying to pick on you but there are literally hundreds of people here who would help provide the weather items you need. Go participate in the trading forums, create and update a signature, and leverage this great forum.

Weather issues are one of the easiest things to control so I don't get why so many complain about it

Last edited:
Top Bottom