Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Down the Rabbit Hole 2018

Tomaszek

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Username
Tomek
A lot of people last year didnt finish this event, me included. I had one russina egg and one indian. There are events on this game that take 2 years to complete. They are not always wham bam thank you mam! Plan for aa 2 year event. Gets in your head less!

Fly to destinations and just collect the rest for next year.

However, I managed to finish this year :)

I read somewhere on this thread that spyglass helps
I don't have any spyglass, however I did get one coral fungus and my last green fungus a minute ago. I just need two coral fungus to get my six Russian eggs for next time. It is too late for this one. Good thing Russian eggs are not needed, but I still want them.

I don't have any spyglass, however I did get one coral fungus and my last green fungus a minute ago. I just need two coral fungus to get my six Russian eggs for next time. It is too late for this one. Good thing Russian eggs are not needed, but I still want them.
Me too. Had one russian egg last time. Since the beginning only missing coral fungus. Now have 4 so had 3 coral drops in 2 weeks. As you say thank goodness. Other eggs coming out of my ears!

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
Have you tried clicking the items and reading the description that's there? We have 2 sources of scooters and 9 sources of sunglasses. It's LITERALLY (in the original meaning of the word) designed to work this way.
Out of all examples that are probably skewed, you've chosen the only one that is skewed officially, intentionally and there is no mystery about it whatsoever. Really?

Not even mentioning that you're STILL talking about uniform distribution and not about randomness.
upload_2018-10-17_21-30-2.png

As I was saying.............. Call it what you want! :grumpy:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
This is my 2nd event since I started playing AC. The first one was Back to School which I managed to finish.

I tried doing this event for 3 days and decided to give up since I needed lots of Landing Lamp and Spare Wire to fly. And Mushroom drop-rate was really terrible (0 drop within 3 days, and I gave up). In addition, I didn't have the space in my airport side to build a card-hangar, lol. Well, maybe next time.

onurkübra

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03lwrrt1
Username
onur kübra
This is my 2nd event since I started playing AC. The first one was Back to School which I managed to finish.

I tried doing this event for 3 days and decided to give up since I needed lots of Landing Lamp and Spare Wire to fly. And Mushroom drop-rate was really terrible (0 drop within 3 days, and I gave up). In addition, I didn't have the space in my airport side to build a card-hangar, lol. Well, maybe next time.
ı thınk you shouldn't worry about it. you need to develop your city. you have to add new neighbors.you have to set a strategy. and You must be patient. u ll see next year u ll complate all event easly

Mate

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lfkhvk
Username
Mate
Event was ok!
but buildings not, only what i like are the trees (give us more passenger buildings next event) and destinations! I finish 14 stars (Event plane 2/3, Jumbo 1/3 and condors 0/3 but have170 flights, all others 3/3) and get 21 Egg buildings! from all 6 but only 3/6 Russian Egs, other 3 was not possible because the droprate was very bad !!!
visit every day 120 mashrooms with friend in help last 14 days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181017-202705.jpg
    Screenshot_20181017-202705.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

I don’t recall finishing many events prior to level 40. It takes a lot of resources that you just don’t usually have but it is good to try and build what you can to set yourself up better for he next time it comes around

Don’t get too discouraged because you be finishing events in a few days over time as you build your city

View attachment 16081

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. I have a similar distribution but my missing door is a different one. I also completed this collection 15 times during the event as well

I’m not saying this is the case with you but sometimes I wonder how mich people fly to try and complete these events. If you’re only flying 3-4 smaller planes it’s a lot more difficult to get the drops than flying a high number of planes or larger ones. Many of the older players have the luxury of 13 planes but even flying 7 or 8 of them helps if you’re flying them as much as you can

As for your example I have space collections where I have 30+ of 4 items and none of the 5th. It just happens sometimes

Device
  1. Windows PC
View attachment 16081

Hey Matto.

Not sure which of the collections you are referring to. Both your sample sizes are waaaay to small to conclude anything.
Here are my numbers for the english egg. For each sample I "reset" my collection to 0-0-0-0-0, so that I can keep track of the actual drops.

Sample 0 - Collections from last years event: 4-0-5-7-2 (add 10 more to each door as I already completed 2 eggs last year)
Sample 1 - Day 1 and 2: Actual drops: 8-0-9-9-7.
Sample 2 - Day 3 and 4: Actual drops: 4-14-7-9-9
Sample 3 - Day 5 and 6: Actual drops: 9-10-8-11-2
Sample 4 - Day 7 and 8: Actual drops: 12-14-17-5-12
Sample x - Event ended: Overall drops: 84-84-88-79-62 (add 20 more to each door as I collected 4 more eggs in total)
(I am sure other forummembers have greater numbers than this).

Look at sample 1 and notice the lack of Iron Door drops in that sample.
Look at sample 2 and notice the "massive" drops in Iron Doors I got, compared to other doors in that sample.
Look at sample 3 and notice how "bad" the droprate for Pine Door was.
Look at sample 4 and notice how "bad" the dropdrate for Copper Door was.
Look at sample 0 and 1 combined and drops were 14-0-14-16-9!
Look at the overall drops when event ended and now you see that Redwood Door drop is worse compared to other doors.

My point is.... your door-sample very well might be my sample 0 and 1 combined. It is better to detect a tendency if your sample size is large. Even my samplesize is small, but the overall numbers seem reasonable to me. I certainly can not see the same tendency in my overall sample as I saw in my sample 1 (or even the other samples).

Increase your sample size and see if the numbers are still skewed or not. For all I know, someone might have 800-800-800-50-800 in their english-egg collection, but I am taking my chances that the majority of the players around here have fairly decent and even numbers as their sample sizes increases.

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. I have a similar distribution but my missing door is a different one. I also completed this collection 15 times during the event as well

I’m not saying this is the case with you but sometimes I wonder how mich people fly to try and complete these events. If you’re only flying 3-4 smaller planes it’s a lot more difficult to get the drops than flying a high number of planes or larger ones. Many of the older players have the luxury of 13 planes but even flying 7 or 8 of them helps if you’re flying them as much as you can

As for your example I have space collections where I have 30+ of 4 items and none of the 5th. It just happens sometimes
Ah, but thats my point. How often do we hear that there is 1 item (not the same item for everyone) that prevents a collection being completed.
Going back to member p2p comment : "Speaking of gifts, it seems to me that not many people are taking part in this quest. I barely get any event ones, almost nothing really changed since the start of the quest. I get pretty much the same gifts as before." I agreed this was the case & surmised that this because it has become more difficult to complete and so players are not so keen on taking on the events.
Having thrown 12 aircraft at the task, along with extra fuel, pax, etc. I am please to report that I soon built up 6 Indian & 6 Spanish eggs - but due to the drop rate & uneven drops, barely completed the event on the last day.
So is it any surprise that the interest - (I suspect this is mainly true of players with less resources) has waned?

Going back to member p2p comment : "Speaking of gifts, it seems to me that not many people are taking part in this quest. I barely get any event ones, almost nothing really changed since the start of the quest. I get pretty much the same gifts as before." I agreed this was the case & surmised that this because it has become more difficult to complete and so players are not so keen on taking on the events.

Sorry but it depends entirely if he asked for event items! Did he change his signature to ask for them? Just because you dont get them doesnt mean people are not doing the event. Last year i got 1 russian egg and one indian egg and got nowhere near finishing it. Every collection was missing one item. This time i could have finished it 10 times over. Thats the game. Some are easier than others and not always for the same people.
If you dont like a challenge, go and find another game!

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
Sorry but it depends entirely if he asked for event items! Did he change his signature to ask for them? Just because you dont get them doesnt mean people are not doing the event. Last year i got 1 russian egg and one indian egg and got nowhere near finishing it. Every collection was missing one item. This time i could have finished it 10 times over. Thats the game. Some are easier than others and not always for the same people.
If you dont like a challenge, go and find another game!
It's irrelevant - wheather he did or didn't - the result was fewer neighbours showed interest in gifting event items, therefor it could be that fewer neighbours took part in the event themselves?

Top Bottom