Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Don't make me click

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
"Don't make me click" is a request that is stated often by numerous people dealing with GUI (graphical user interface) design. The first time I recall reading about it was back in 2001 in the "Joel on software" newsletter.

I think the developers of airport city should think a bit about it. Yes, it is nice to get a confirmation that my gift was sent by showing me a dialogue saying "your neighbour will appreciate the gift" (or whatever the exact wording in the English version may be) but it would not need to be a modal dialogue, meaning it could simply go away again automagically like many other messages we get without forcing the user to click on "ok" to make it go away again. Similarly, when I accidentally click on land, I would prefer not to have to click on the big red X to cancel the action but clicking on where I actually wanted to click should work. Likewise, when I take the last plane out of the repair hangar, why do I need to click on the X to close the hangar? It might simply close automagically since in most cases, I will not want to upgrade the hangar then or buy a new slot. There are more examples like these that could be handled differently from how they work now and this would speed up things and make the game a bit more convenient to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom