Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Do you really need more than one runway?

So -- in an attempt to minmize how much I have to spend on land (so that I can spend it on things like passengers or commerce buildings), I've been thinking of going down to a single runway (of the highest level available to me).

I've tossed this idea around several times ...

Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I somehow WAY off base?

(PS .. .sorry I havent' been online much. Schedule/life got crazy. I send gifts, but don't always have the time to do more than "send back" or send something generic like passengers. :( )

I'm just now getting to the update ... I hope that I don't screw anything up! lol

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
8kz4tg
Username
Sky Ranger
I recently made the switch to only one runway and it has been working out just fine. I needed the land and cannot afford to buy more right now.

If you only have one runway, here is a tip for when you are ready to upgrade to the next level:
You must have all of your planes in their hangars before you delete the old runway; so, it is best to make this upgrade in the morning after landing all of your planes from their long, overnight flights.

I think is not a bad idea. I deleted the second runway and I keep only one level 4. I have different kind of planes so they don't land at the same time. Even when the six of them are in the hangars in the mornings, I still have to wait until the fuel is enough.

I have runway level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 so 5 runways in total. The problem is since the land is on the airport side of the city I can't use it for passengers or coins so no other use for it but to build lots of runways.

vip lounges at airport side can earn coins, you also need space at airport side for flight catering and power generators

True. I have all my power generators, 3 VIP lounges and 1 flight catering on the airport side already. There's still space for hangars and power generators, or even another flight catering facility.

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
one runway is more then enough. i managed to reach level 35 & 55 stars with only one runway and having never spent a cent accept for coins and notes gained in the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I say it's more efficient to have two, if even just to land guest planes. Also, runways from level 5 and up are really expensive...like reaaallly expensive. I don't know about you all, but after dropping 800k for my level 6 runway, there is absolutely no way I'm going to delete it for a level 7 runway. I plan on keeping my level 5, 6, and 7 runways...they cost too much time to obtain.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
The only reason to have multiple runways is to speed up the total launch time of all your aircraft at once. This is for folks who are trying for a higher ranking. Problem is the cheaters are doing many thousands of launches a week either with bots or hacking the game so it makes little difference.
It's about time needed to send the fleet to specific destinations. For example I'm flying thunderbird adventure now. Fligh with bonuses last 2:50 (around that), so for 6h map i need to land them and resend them fast so I can do 3rd round for same map. I have 2 runway 7 and 1 5 (need that one for space shuttle while 2 others are busy).

Top Bottom