Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Collection Chest dropping useless items.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
amkwdz7p
Username
brooks
I bought a collection chest, hoping it would drop me at least 2 or 3 items I could use for my collections. Instead, it dropped 4 items that are not in any collections and 1 item from a collection I have not started. Are these items from collections that are discontinued? (Two of them looked like mid evil armor). Or is there some chance that someday I will be able to use these items?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Medieval armour sounds like it could be for the “Teutonic Knight” collection 37 or “Alcatraz Fortress” collection 28. None of the collections have been removed in the current version (total is 64)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
amkwdz7p
Username
brooks
You have 64 collections?? I have 31!!!!!! WTF. Also, the highest level is 30, not 35 and the terminal and control tower can only be upgraded to level 5, no higher, so only 7 planes total max. I feel like I have all but finished the game. I only have 3 more tasks to do (Get a phrasebook from nice, of which I have not been successful after 30 flights), Get a picture of a Penguin from Antarctica and Small Dragon from Shanghi.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Also remember that you acquire collections as the game evolves. Each new version has new tasks that add 3-4 new collections. So like experience points they show how long you've been playing. Aero has been playing forever and has 186 stars and all the collections. I'm also guessing that twisteduk has been playing a while.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
The number of collections should not change irrespective of how long you have been playing or which version of the game you started with…

What does make a difference it which version you are currently running and where you downloaded it from, So:

Android from Google play – Current version 1.75 (or V.176 depending on your device) – 64 collections in total
Android from Amazon – Current version 1.xx – 31 collections in total
IDevice - Current version x.xx – 46 collections in total

Hope that makes sense… (please fill in the version numbers...)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
yes that is correct... If you started a new game on android from Google play - you will get 64 collections out of the box.. The fact that you can't complete some of the collections with out help or paying greens is just more money into GIS's pockets...

I suppose the Christmas Tree is one way of hoping it will drop one of these rare items...

Previously they used to have various pack's you could buy (for greens) now they have cut that right down... so only the student pack, cold winter set, santa's chest etc is left along with Collections Chest (26 greens!!!)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Kapitan Albert
Username
Kapitan Albert
Could anyone tell me what the practical use of some collections is?
For example the keys from the Alcatraz Fortress?
I have completed some collections various times and it seems I'm just storing useless items.

Do you just complete those collections once and forget about them or is it useful to keep flying to, let's say, San Francisco and keep gaining more and more keys?

I can see that some collections give you buildings, others give you bonuses. But some of them seem to be totally useless. Am I right?

@must_dash, @twisteduk, @jimmy21, @tdv

Last edited:

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
To all those Microsoft haters out there, I am on the MS platform with 209 collections available :ROFLMAO:

Some collections simply offer coins and experience as a reward. Others will offer buildings that produce coins, passengers, or population.

@Kapitan Albert it does not make sense to me to fly to San Francisco just to complete the Alcatraz Fortress ... it is only 400 EXP and 800 COIN. There are much better collections with better payouts that you will want to spend resources on. You can, and probably will, complete some collections multiple times ... For example, in my city, I have 6 chess clubs and 6 perfume stores ... I didn't pay for any of them, as they all were rewards for completing the collections through normal flying.

Top Bottom