1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Cinema Films, DVD Films and Boxsets, DVD TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Captain WH Rollins, 21 February 2016.

1. Mary Queen of Scots was a very good film IF the topic is of interest to you. A little told story, very well acted and told, good dramatisations (at a little dramatic licence) and really enjoyed. If you are in to tudor history and politics, then really worth a watch. We had a splendid afternoon.

2. Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins 150+ Star Club Active Member

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    Many thanks for the link to the film trailer - it looks really interesting.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

Husam likes this.
  3. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    I watched this film yesterday afternoon, spent an enjoyable 2 hours with the film, in a warm and comfortable cinema. The main thing to note here, is that Mary and Elizabeth never actually met in real life, they communicated through letters and through emissaries. Tudor history, and the politics of the day, has always been of great interest. Today's history, would have been so much different, had things played out differently back then.

The next film of interest to watch out for is in early February Green Book (12A) - it is a heart-warming drama, which tells the story of two unlikely companions navigating through the racism of America's deep south in 1962.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

ItsRalphy likes this.
  4. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    A number of new cinema films to watch out for, during the last fews days of January and the early few days of February:

Vice (15)
    Green Book (12A)
    If Beale Street Could Talk (15)

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

5. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    A number of new cinema films to watch out for, during the first week of February:

Vice (15)
    Green Book (12A)
    Can You Ever Forgive Me? (15)

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

6. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    @ItsRalphy - yesterday morning, following posh breakfast and the Sunday papers, I enjoyed watchimg Green Book - I would recommend the film, if you have not seen it already.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

7. Not heard of that one, ill look it up Away from home as we move job and house, so all up in the air, but ill remember for when we get normal back!

8. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    A number of cinema films to watch out for, during the last week of February, and the first week of March

All Is True (12A)
    A Private War (15)
    On the Basis of Sex (12A)
    Can You Ever Forgive Me? (15)

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

9. Not quite a film or dvd set, yet, but Pine Gap is an Australian series on Netfix. Just finished first series. Very well done, good music adds to the atmosphere. Based around a joint Australian US listening post in the outback, which of course is on aboriginal land to add to the tale! Cant wait for series 2. As my husband said, naff name but good series!

Mate likes this.
  10. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    I will have to look out for this series - many thanks.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

11. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    Released this week, on Monday 18th February 2019 (priced at £10.00), I would very much recomend this film, it is well worth every penny.

This is the riveting story behind the first manned mission to the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the decade leading up to the historic Apollo 11 flight. A visceral, intimate account told from Armstrong’s perspective, the film explores the triumphs and the cost on Armstrong, his family, his colleagues, and the nation itself for one of the most dangerous missions in history.

[​IMG]

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

12. david smith

david smith 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, Windows PC
    209aba02, 20862zbj,04rn9r1c,20xwk96h
    GMRDR,GMRDR3,DS2, g reeper
    you should watch Aquaman it was an excellent movie, Jason Mamoa played a good aquaman